Jang Wonyoung won't sing live at encore stage?

• Jang Wonyoung won't sing live at encore stage?

Screenshot_1.jpg

Video: Jang Wonyoung's encore stage... playing with a sketchbook because she doesn't want to sing live

Source: Sojang via YouTube

1. [+275] The reason K-Pop became famous was for its talents... I can't believe a singer like her won #1. She seems to be under stress, even crying about it... but does she never practice her singing?? Or does she think she doesn't have to? Her general mindset seems far from what you'd expect from a singer. There's a video of her singing a famous international song and I wonder if that's truly her singing.. because it's so different from her lives. Seems heavily auto-tuned.. This is so bad, why does she keep doing this?

2. [+268] It's because kids like her who have no talent but are just a pretty face gain so much popularity that people assume idols have no talent. I will not deny that a pretty face is a skill in itself but I don't see a long running career as a singer if you don't have the singing or dancing skills to back it up.

3. [+288] The point of an encore is to sing live, what's the point if you're not singing live ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+126] Why does only Jang Wonyoung get into so many controversies ㅜㅜㅜ I feel so bad... Wonyoung unni, please start singing

5. [+143] Dreamcatcher sang live until the very end even through tears... They cried but still sang well. The point of a singer is to sing~ it's really unfortunate.

6. [+42] I agree with the video. The point of an encore is to sing live. It was so obvious that she was trying to get out of singing live with her little sketchbook skit. What a turn off.

7. [+89] This is a bit embarrassing. We have so many talented singers in our country but K-Pop idols are the most famous internationally and stuff like this makes me wonder what other countries must think of our talent... They probably think our singers are just pretty dolls.

8. [+62] Viviz sang live just fine even through crying

9. [+54] She has no talent, what's the point of asking anything of her.. if she doesn't want to do it, what can we do...

10. [+133] I get that Wonyoung wanted to express her gratitude to her fans but she really needs to stop disappointing them and start singing live during encores. It's okay if she's bad but just sing at least a little bit.

11. [+17] I felt that her controversies were going too far for such a young kid but nowadays it seems like she's creating these controversies for herself with the way she's acting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+30] Even if she's bad at singing, she needs to show at least an attempt at improvement;; dancing, performance, visuals, etc are important for idols but they're singers first...

13. [+27] Other idols get hated on for being bad at singing, Jang Wonyoung gets hated on because everyone already knows she's bad at singing and she refuses to even sing at all

14. [+81] Please stop doing things that you know will be controversial... I'm tired of shielding...

15. [+126] She should've just become an Instagram star. It makes me sad to think of her pathetically scribbling in her sketchbook to try and get out of singing at the encore no matter what ㅋㅋ...

16. [+27] No more giving #1s to idols who don't sing live

17. [+47] She obviously had that sketchbook prepared because she knew she'd win #1 but look at her acting all surprised when they announced the winner ㅋㅋㅋ

18. [+36] She should be practicing her singing in the time she's practicing her facial expressions.. ㅋㅋ

19. [+71] I was watching this live and knew this would become controversial... 😔

20. [+22] How did someone like her beat GI-dle, Big Bang...

Moved the thread from forum Deadzone to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!