Viviz wears hanbok to perform at the Grammys

• 0000976118_001_20220427065802385.jpg
    Article: Viviz wears hanbok to their Grammy stage

Source: Insight via Instagram

1. [+453] Their outfits were created by a Korean designer. Stage outfits are costume-like by design, moreso since these were produced for their specific choreography and concept! It may not fit what you imagine a hanbok to traditionally look but it is still a modified version with hanbok characteristics. It's a meaningful and brave stage by them so please show them your support. Girlfriend, Viviz fighting! 💜

2. [+556] What's with the comments; it's not like the singers themselves designed the hanbok. I actually think it would've been awkward to dance in if they had kept the original design of the hanbok. Whatever the case, why all the hate? Some of you are making something controversial that shouldn't be.

3. [+201] People had no problem when Black Pink wore it, jeez...

4. [+266] I saw an interview on another show by the designer where they said they wanted to design a fusion style in a way that appealed more to the younger generation. Admittedly, a regular hanbok is a bit daunting for younger people to wear, and they want to design a variety of hanboks that match the changing times.

5. [+125] Leesle is known for designing hanboks to wear in every day life, and this was designed by them as well. The designer had a short amount of time to design something so beautiful. A lot of other singers have worn variations of the hanbok on stage but I don't think any were met with such a negative response such as this.. so I don't know why people have to be so hateful ㅎㅎ These were outfits created specifically for the stage featuring characteristics of the hanbok. Please go check out Leesle's Instagram and take a look at their design process.

6. [+88] I love how it's usually the people who never cared about hanbok in the first place who come in to these threads and run their big mouths whining about traditional this, traditional that. If you're so worried about the traditional aspects of our hanbok, why don't you wear it around yourself?

7. [+93] No one cared when other idols wore fusion hanboks so why now...? There are tons of other groups who have worn even more edited versions of the hanbok so what's with all these comments telling Viviz that they look Chinese, that these aren't hanboks... They wore traditional hanboks for their 'Sunrise' fan signing which the hanboks looked great when they performed since it's a more eastern song but 'Bop Bop' has a faster tempo with more choreography so it makes sense to go with a fusion version of the hanbok that lets them move around more...

8. [+3] I thought they looked great, what's with the hate...

9. [+1] Wait wait, why are people hating ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

10. [+7] I don't know that I'd necessarily consider this a hanbok though ㅜㅜ

11. [+33] The dresses look more Chinese to me...;;

12. [+7] Sigh ㅠㅠ it's a shame, I don't really get the hanbok feel from it ㅜㅜ

13. [+39] I don't know who Viviz is but I don't know that I'd consider their dresses a hanbok either... looks closer to something out of a Chinese fantasy movie. If they want to spread awareness about the hanbok, do it right 🔥

14. [+6] Who would think this looks like a hanbok??

15. [+21] The comments are being weird... why would you wear a full traditional hanbok to perform 'Bop Bop' in, it'd look so weird... obviously their hanbok was designed in a way to let them dance freely on stage, it's unfair to judge their outfits against traditional hanbok dresses...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!