Idol's reported earnings and idol's net worth - why all these worldwide famous idols still fall short of @dlwlrma?

• BTS Net Worth 2022: Find out who is the richest member of BTS
    "Smooth like butter, like a criminal undercover.." has been the lyrics of a song that has been playing on loop in many of our's playlists for a few
    webnewsobserver.com

tl.dr. Each bts member's net worth is about 20-35 million

Not Suzy or Lee Hyori, this is the richest female Kpop idol of 2022
    A recent article has revealed the five richest female Kpop stars of the year.
    kbizoom.com

Richest female kpop idols

BoA, Suzy each 23M

Sandara Park 27.6M

Lee Hyori 36.2M

@dlwlrma 41.5M

No BlackPink, arguably the greatest celebrity of the world

No Twice

No Ive

No Lesserafim

@dlwlrma can't have huge concerts outside of K-O-R-E-A

Yet she is, for all practical purposes, the richest idol still active. (People like JYP are no longer idols. Jaejoong is said to be richer but he mostly operates in Japan only and is not really part of Kpop anymore. Choi Shiwon has a large inheritance, but given other Super Junior members are not making the rich list, his income from there appears to be a smaller portion of his net worth. Only GDragon might have a stronger claim than @dlwlrma.)

Is it because @dlwlrma is an owner of her company while others are not ?

In other words, no matter how much other idols might bring in, they still have to give a big portion of their earnings to their company and enriching the owners, while @dlwlrma owns her own company so everything she makes becomes hers. Is that why?

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited once, last by WhyKnock ().

• ngl those numbers are lower than I expected

Knowing bits of how much SHINee's real state is worth, I did really think most idols are in 100s of millions

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• ngl those numbers are lower than I expected

Knowing bits of how much SHINee's real state is worth, I did really think most idols are in 100s of millions

those #s are usually always wrong, but in general, when your splitting revenue, yours gonna have lower #s, + music business is brutal, the actual money that makes it to the artists can be low after producers, company, etc get there split

if BTS was each worth 35million, x7 = 250 which would make sense, when you have people like sheeran, bieber, swift in the 200-300 range

• those #s are usually always wrong, but in general, when your splitting revenue, yours gonna have lower #s, + music business is brutal, the actual money that makes it to the artists can be low after producers, company, etc get there split

if BTS was each worth 35million, x7 = 250 which would make sense, when you have people like sheeran, bieber, swift in the 200-300 range

Im just going by how much their real state is worth

I guess maybe they got 80% percent of their money tied up in real state?

also alot of them got cars in 400-500k range

They gotta be really rich to casually drop half a mil on a car

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Where did they get the information from? Stuff like this is usually just a guesstimate. Unless idols or their companies report the information themselves, it's not worth looking too deeply at. Idols often, especially big ones, have multiple sources of income, for example owning property or private investments that can't be accurately calculated based on company earnings. Also, individual brand sponsorships and modeling, are things that can't fully be calculated unless you see just how much each brand contract is offering.

• These websites are usually bullshit though and are only based on things on like average pay and industry standards (if their contract rates aren't revealed) and any revealed property investments.

• These networth lists should always be taken by a huge grain of salt. They are lazy estimations almost always based on previous lazy estimations in some old article that in turn is based on an even older article published somewhere etc, with some yearly percent increase thrown in.

In short, none but the artists, their accountants and the korean tax agency know how much money they make.

• These websites are usually bullshit though and are only based on things on like average pay and industry standards (if their contract rates aren't revealed) and any revealed property investments.

exactly. they wrote an article with made up numbers, that will give them clicks. they got one from me, good for them

• I’m wondering how Dara has a bigger net worth than BoA, Suzy, even SNSD Yoona??

Apparently Dara got a better contract than the others because of her Filipino connections (in other words she got to keep more of what she earned in the Philippines).

• exactly. they wrote an article with made up numbers, that will give them clicks. they got one from me, good for them

Yep I remember an athlete (or a rapper I don't remember for sure) tweeting about one that said he owned some crazy expensive car and he was just like "I do?! Where's it at then?" ^^

• These networth lists should always be taken by a huge grain of salt. They are lazy estimations almost always based on previous lazy estimations in some old article that in turn is based on an even older article published somewhere etc, with some yearly percent increase thrown in.

In short, none but the artists, their accountants and the korean tax agency know how much money they make.

What they do is they go thru companys' release of the financial statements and estimate what idol in a given company was paid, from the general statements of monies paid to all of its artists.

So, let say JYP paid off $30 million to its artists. That means some of them goes to Stray Kids, some of them to Twice, etc. But their aggregate earnings for the previous year cannot exceed 30m.

A certain company's figure is private; only whatever Kakao takes has to be released, the rest can remain private.

• I’m wondering how Dara has a bigger net worth than BoA, Suzy, even SNSD Yoona??

She was supposedly huge in philippines as she moved there when she was young and also debuted there, and fans and some old articles said she was superrich beacuse of it. Looking into it it doesnt really make much sense considering that one of the reasons she moved back to korea was because her agency in philippines didnt renew with her, and excluding her being a member of 2ne1 she has mostly only done guests appearances in movies and dramas, and some hosting in variety shows.

Its the same thing with Jaejoong who by many of these lists are considered to be the richest idol, even tho all its based on is some 10+ year old article that he bought some property for some millions and owns some company and have a couple of expensive cars, something plenty of celebrities have without being listed at 100m+ usd.

• What they do is they go thru companys' release of the financial statements and estimate what idol in a given company was paid, from the general statements of monies paid to all of its artists.

So, let say JYP paid off $30 million to its artists. That means some of them goes to Stray Kids, some of them to Twice, etc. But their aggregate earnings for the previous year cannot exceed 30m.

A certain company's figure is private; only whatever Kakao takes has to be released, the rest can remain private.

And how many of these articles actually do that and dont just google celebrities networth and write an article from it? The one you linked for female artists for example says nothing about how they arrived at these numbers or what their method was

• Yep I remember an athlete (or a rapper I don't remember for sure) tweeting about one that said he owned some crazy expensive car and he was just like "I do?! Where's it at then?" ^^

their earnings aren't public. we don't know how much they were paid for all their endorsements. louis vuitton and samsung, among many, must have paid a lot. it's obvious they are going to endorse nike soon, god knows how much money they'll earn from that.

this is just the author's speculation, it's how much they think the boys are worth

• those #s are usually always wrong, but in general, when your splitting revenue, yours gonna have lower #s, + music business is brutal, the actual money that makes it to the artists can be low after producers, company, etc get there spliti

Sheeran and Swift own their labels

Bieber ultimately answers to Mr. Bang

Swift's net worth 400m

Sheeran's net worth 200m

Bieber's net worth 285m but he was there for quite a while.

BTS Members' collective net worth 150m - 250m, depending who you ask

Mr. Bang's net worth: not counting other stuff, at least 3 billion, just from Hybe stock.

• i mean u can take loan for real estate and its kinda big controversies too not to long ago .
    that an actor buy a building for 7 mill with 90-95% of those are loan . and renovate it sell it for 15 mill .

• She was supposedly huge in philippines as she moved there when she was young and also debuted there, and fans and some old articles said she was superrich beacuse of it. Looking into it it doesnt really make much sense considering that one of the reasons she moved back to korea was because her agency in philippines didnt renew with her, and excluding her being a member of 2ne1 she has mostly only done guests appearances in movies and dramas, and some hosting in variety shows.

Its the same thing with Jaejoong who by many of these lists are considered to be the richest idol, even tho all its based on is some 10+ year old article that he bought some property for some millions and owns some company and have a couple of expensive cars, something plenty of celebrities have without being listed at 100m+ usd.

Apparently Jaejoong still owns these structures and finding the value of such real estate is not too hard by comparing similar sized properties in the neighborhood

These vulture reporters have some methods of finding out what entertainment figure owns what. They did find out Lee Jieun's 4 million property purchase in 2019 without her advertising about it, for example.

• If this is true, then good for IU. She grew up super poor and now she’s the richest out of all these female idols. That’s a huge accomplishment.

Apparently Sharon is still richer than IU (although the properties would be in her parents' name so she won't see it for quite a long time), but Sharon did not get too rich from her Twice activities.

IU owns her company and doesn't have to pay a penny to her owners since she is an owner herself.

That makes the decisive difference; in many cases the earnings are defined by the company, which will charge whatever 'fees' it deems appropriate to the artists.

Let's say Act A earns 50M from a foreign concert tour.

after subtracting the cost of the tour, which is set by the company, maybe 20%-40% will remain. Out of these the company takes a huge portion of it for 'management fee'. The artists share the remaining 10%-20%, or 5M-10M. Fewer members, more for each member. Larger members, not too much for each member.

taylor-swift-eras-tour-via-variance-films-.jpg

Edited 2 times, last by WhyKnock ().

• Apparently Jaejoong still owns these structures and finding the value of such real estate is not too hard by comparing similar sized properties in the neighborhood

These vulture reporters have some methods of finding out what entertainment figure owns what. They did find out Lee Jieun's 4 million property purchase in 2019 without her advertising about it, for example.

Isnt that because selling/buying of property is publically listed in korea? From what ive understood most get around this by not buying properties under their own name (using proxys/companies instead) and IU just buys it under her own name.

• Isnt that because selling/buying of property is publically listed in korea? From what ive understood most get around this by not buying properties under their own name (using proxys/companies instead) and IU just buys it under her own name.

Apparently these vultures follow the idols all the time, and even if it is bought thru their relatives' or some other name, sometimes they get caught since sooner or later they will show up to check their properties. There would be no shortage of informers since fans of rival idols will stop at nothing to smear their fave's foes.

• I wonder why these articles have been publishing the same numbers since 2019? I guess BTS hasn't made any money since then. :suure: Also, Big Hit is a private company and BTS is an artist under Big Hit. That's why all of these predictions are empty.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I wonder why these articles have been publishing the same numbers since 2019? I guess BTS hasn't made any money since then. :suure: Also, Big Hit is a private company and BTS is an artist under Big Hit. That's why all of these predictions are empty.

Hybe is now a public company. And people will be very, very interested about how much Hybe is paying to its biggest name.

• Hybe is now a public company. And people will be very, very interested about how much Hybe is paying to its biggest name.

Big Hit is a private company and affiliated with HYBE and BTS is the artist of the Big Hit's.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

Its as i said, most of these are just copy/pasted from older arcticles, with a few figures adjusted. Up until around 2020 IU was almost always listed at around 15m usd, ever since 2013 basically...then in the last two years theres been a huge jump for everyone on these networth guesstimations.

• Congrats to IU. I think she's had good financial contract terms since debut.

Also, where does Sandra Park get all that money from?

And, I expect an Snsd member to be up there too because they've been active and successful for so long. Not seeing one makes me doubt those lists.

External Content youtu.be

• She was supposedly huge in philippines as she moved there when she was young and also debuted there, and fans and some old articles said she was superrich beacuse of it. Looking into it it doesnt really make much sense considering that one of the reasons she moved back to korea was because her agency in philippines didnt renew with her, and excluding her being a member of 2ne1 she has mostly only done guests appearances in movies and dramas, and some hosting in variety shows.

The Philippines money claims are sketchy because I read somewhere that at some point, her father took all her money and she started from zero again. She's very popular but I don't think she's A list popular in the Philippines. I even don't think that her popularity there comes close to her Korean popularity but yeah, it's good for her if it's all true, that'd make her a very smart businesswoman.

• With her legacy especially the fact that she saved SM from bankruptcy and her Japanese success, BoA is definitely worth more than that. She possibly doubles or triples that figure.

They deserve it all because they work so hard.

• Congrats to IU. I think she's had good financial contract terms since debut.

Also, where does Sandra Park get all that money from?

And, I expect an Snsd member to be up there too because they've been active and successful for so long. Not seeing one makes me doubt those lists.

SM was stingy on all its acts whose contract began before the TVXQ mess (around 2009)

Since SNSD signed its contract before that , and by 2014 when they mostly re-neweed their peak years were behind them, they probably didn't make too much money relative to their fame

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!