Why are people desperately trying to convince mys and blinks that Coachella is irrelevant?

• I know about the blinks x mys fight and whatever, but idc as i think BP and Aespa are amazing so I'll talk about the non fans who are going into any Coachella thread just to say "Omo, it's such a irrelevant festival" or "so embarrassing seeing people hyping it up like it's something special" but b, why are you even going there if it's this irrelevant? If it's something irrelevant just pass it, why give your super "unbiased" opinion?

This type of people.. you are weird, probably butt hurt bc both groups are being mentioned and both groups are being praised so stfu, Coachella isn't irrelevant, going there isn't irrelevant and your kpoppie ass can sit down while crying that AesChella and PinkChella are amazing!

That's it, that's my opinion, your opinion as a non fan already doesn't matter as we know how kpop fans act towards groups they don't stan and it's another day, another win for both BP and Aespa.

Bye!

• isn't this just another example of the weird kpop fans logic that :

Your favs have it but not my favs = irrelevant

the same thing happen during award show when a group win a daesang and suddenly daesang and award show become irrelevant

No but it's really extreme these days.. we can't even have a positive Aespa thread about Coachella without someone inserting the irrelevant thing like ??? And BP? Their was in 2019 but people are trying to downplay their whole career over this? Weird...

And what irrelevance when just 3 kpop groups went there? I think it's a great festival and kpop were super well represented!

• No but it's really extreme these days.. we can't even have a positive Aespa thread about Coachella without someone inserting the irrelevant thing like ??? And BP? Their was in 2019 but people are trying to downplay their whole career over this? Weird...

And what irrelevance when just 3 kpop groups went there? I think it's a great festival and kpop were super well represented!

to be honest i don't even understand where this "coachella is irrelevant " logic come from

when coachella is the only music festival who's popular all around the globe

and big US artist are always coming here to perform, if it was irrelevant they wouldn't waste their time performing there

anyway i think there's nothing to understand here, it will become relevant again when one of their favs can go to coachella

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• It has lost a lot of relevance over the years though. I can definitely remember when the hype for it was massive and we were all tuned in every year to see who was going to play. Headlining it was newsworthy. It just hasn't been that way for years now. I think the internet making the event more accessible has caused it to lose its sense of exclusivity, which is what made it so huge before. Even if my group played Coachella I would say the same thing because it's the truth. Not trying to be mean or edgy, it is what it is. Still cool to play Coachella but it's not such a huge deal now days.

• to be honest i don't even understand where this "coachella is irrelevant " logic come from

when coachella is the only music festival who's popular all around the globe

and big US artist are always coming here to perform, if it was irrelevant they wouldn't waste their time performing there

anyway i think there's nothing to understand here, it will become relevant again when one of their favs can go to coachella

Oh, it all started when BP became the first kpop group invited to Coachella and it cemented this narrative when Aespa became the second group invited kkkkkkk

• It has lost a lot of relevance over the years though. I can definitely remember when the hype for it was massive and we were all tuned in every year to see who was going to play. Headlining it was newsworthy. It just hasn't been that way for years now. I think the internet making the event more accessible has caused it to lose its sense of exclusivity, which is what made it so huge before. Even if my group played Coachella I would say the same thing because it's the truth. Not trying to be mean or edgy, it is what it is. Still cool to play Coachella but it's not such a huge deal now days.

If we go by this logic then everything is irrelevant these days, Grammy? Irrelevant! Oscar? Irrelevant! Billboard? Irrelevant! Everything lost relevance thanks to internet. At least Coachella still bring thousands of people all around the world to enjoy their festivals! Here in Brazil we have Anitta and Pabllo Vittar performing at Coachella and everyone is hyping it up bc we don't have this weird kpop mentality of downplaying any other achievements others do. We just enjoy bc it's one (if not the one) of the biggest festival in the world and it's amazing. End.

• If we go by this logic then everything is irrelevant these days, Grammy? Irrelevant! Oscar? Irrelevant! Billboard? Irrelevant! Everything lost relevance thanks to internet. At least Coachella still bring thousands of people all around the world to enjoy their festivals! Here in Brazil we have Anitta and Pabllo Vittar performing at Coachella and everyone is hyping it up bc we don't have this weird kpop mentality of downplaying any other achievements others do. We just enjoy bc it's one (if not the one) of the biggest festival in the world and it's amazing. End.

Yes! Have you not seen how many of us yell about all of those other awards being irrelevant each year? Because to many of us, they are. We only care because the artists sometimes care and even then more and more artists pull a Frank Ocean and just don't bother participating. At least in the US many peole just don't see the point of those things and that's why ratings are so horribly low for every awards show. Coachella isn't much different tbh.

• Anyone who tries to deny Coachella's relevance is delusional,but the thing that made me laugh were the kpop stans who made it seem like aespa would be over if they didn't meet some crazy imaginary expectations.

Coachella is a huge festival,but is it a crucial factor for any k-pop group's career?Absolutely not.

• Yes! Have you not seen how many of us yell about all of those other awards being irrelevant each year? Because to many of us, they are. We only care because the artists sometimes care and even then more and more artists pull a Frank Ocean and just don't bother participating. At least in the US many peole just don't see the point of those things and that's why ratings are so horribly low for every awards show. Coachella isn't much different tbh.

But the thing is: is it irrelevant for who? You? This isn't the gospel truth at all, maybe it isn't your cup of tea, but that's it and it stops here. When something starts to lose money then it'll end and it'll lose the relevance, but even so, it doesn't change the fact that it was important at some point.

What I'm seeing now is kpop fans trying their best to discredit both groups and going to any thread to be shade and for what? Something irrelevant isn't even talked about.

Coachella is still one of the main and biggest festivals ww, period.

• Anyone who tries to deny Coachella's relevance is delusional,but the thing that made me laugh were the kpop stans who made it seem like aespa would be over if they didn't meet some crazy imaginary expectations.

Coachella is huge festival,but is it a crucial factor for any k-pop group's career?Absolutely not.

Right? But it was really funny bc it was like this: Coachella is so irrelevant!! But if Aespa fails in their performance this will be the end of their career!!!

Like ?? Where is the logic? Kkkkk

• If we go by this logic then everything is irrelevant these days, Grammy? Irrelevant! Oscar? Irrelevant! Billboard? Irrelevant! Everything lost relevance thanks to internet. At least Coachella still bring thousands of people all around the world to enjoy their festivals! Here in Brazil we have Anitta and Pabllo Vittar performing at Coachella and everyone is hyping it up bc we don't have this weird kpop mentality of downplaying any other achievements others do. We just enjoy bc it's one (if not the one) of the biggest festival in the world and it's amazing. End.

To be frank, outside akp, kpop circle and will smith memes, I have not encountered a single soul in real life for the past 5 years the tleast who have talked about those events.

:pepe-shrug:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• It's not only kpop fans saying that Coachella is irrelevant. Like the biggest award shows and events that has been happening recently, a lot of people have been saying that they're irrelevant. People nowadays like to belittle these stuff now for some reason. I've seen people say that getting a Grammy isn't that important anymore and a lot of people are saying the same thing about getting an Oscar.

• To be frank, outside akp, kpop circle and will smith memes, I have not encountered a single soul in real life for the past 5 years the tleast who have talked about those events.

it was mentioned in Johnny Depp's trial... lol... anyways, maybe you don't know much people, I mean, the world doesn't revolve around you right?

:pepe-use-head:

• But the thing is: is it irrelevant for who? You? This isn't the gospel truth at all, maybe it isn't your cup of tea, but that's it and it stops here. When something starts to lose money then it'll end and it'll lose the relevance, but even so, it doesn't change the fact that it was important at some point.

What I'm seeing now is kpop fans trying their best to discredit both groups and going to any thread to be shade and for what? Something irrelevant isn't even talked about.

Coachella is still one of the main and biggest festivals ww, period.

It's not just kpop fans who think this about Coachella though. Maybe that's what you're seeing here specifically but my statements aren't at all unusual or controversial outside of kpop. It's not meant to be a personal attack the way you and others are taking it. Anyway, I'll leave you to it. Congrats on your groups' performance and I hope it leads to additional opportunities!

• It's not only kpop fans saying that Coachella is irrelevant. Like the biggest award shows and events that has been happening recently, a lot of people have been saying that they're irrelevant. People nowadays like to belittle these stuff now for some reason. I've seen people say that getting a Grammy isn't that important anymore and a lot of people are saying the same thing about getting an Oscar.

I'm talking more about the reactions im seeing in this forum like... Some user are almost doing a whole research like University Level just to prove why it's irrelevant even in positive threads like ???

And as i said.. this isn't the gospel truth, just your (not you kkkk) opinion. Nothing more.

• It's not just kpop fans who think this about Coachella though. Maybe that's what you're seeing here specifically but my statements aren't at all unusual or controversial outside of kpop. It's not meant to be a personal attack the way you and others are taking it. Anyway, I'll leave you to it. Congrats on your groups' performance and I hope it leads to additional opportunities!

I'm not attacking you, but people's reaction here is bc both groups are being attacked here so there isn't much to expect than us to laugh and be sarcastic.

But as i said, here the users trying this are weird and I'm talking about here, this forum, but have a nice day!!

• I know about the blinks x mys fight and whatever, but idc as i think BP and Aespa are amazing so I'll talk about the non fans who are going into any Coachella thread just to say "Omo, it's such a irrelevant festival" or "so embarrassing seeing people hyping it up like it's something special" but b, why are you even going there if it's this irrelevant? If it's something irrelevant just pass it, why give your super "unbiased" opinion?

This type of people.. you are weird, probably butt hurt bc both groups are being mentioned and both groups are being praised so stfu, Coachella isn't irrelevant, going there isn't irrelevant and your kpoppie ass can sit down while crying that AesChella and PinkChella are amazing!

That's it, that's my opinion, your opinion as a non fan already doesn't matter as we know how kpop fans act towards groups they don't stan and it's another day, another win for both BP and Aespa.

Bye!

See why we won't fight?

You serve facts

Pull up in a ghost Peek a peek a boo hoo Vroom vroom

XWQN6MB.png

• I'm not attacking you, but people's reaction here is bc both groups are being attacked here so there isn't much to expect than us to laugh and be sarcastic.

But as i said, here the users trying this are weird and I'm talking about here, this forum, but have a nice day!!

You know what? I apologize. My comments weren't really helpful and they weren't necessary. Y'all are just trying to enjoy the moment and I'm over here being cynical for no good reason when I could've just said nothing. Sorry about that. :pepe-shame:

• To be frank, outside akp, kpop circle and will smith memes, I have not encountered a single soul in real life for the past 5 years the tleast who have talked about those events.

same

only knew it through blackpink :pepe-sad:

• You know what? I apologize. My comments weren't really helpful and they weren't necessary. Y'all are just trying to enjoy the moment and I'm over here being cynical for no good reason when I could've just said nothing. Sorry about that. :pepe-shame:

Noooo! I remember you!! You are a good user and i totally understood your point!! I was talking about the ones who always insert themselves even in positive threads, this isn't a positive thread!! Kkkkkk but i get your point!! You are kind enought for me to know you weren't shade! You just gave your opinion, it's ok!!

• This thread contains 52 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!