Ask a Staff Member Thread

• Can you guys pass it along to the web developers or admin:

I suggest adding the breadcrumb links (i.e. allkpop forums / Information / Questions & Help) to the bottom of the page as well, so that users don't have to press scroll to top. I would make the forum more user friendly.

• There are like 2000 threads that I have apparently not read and It’s always shown to me. How do I turn this off?

I am not sure if this is what you mean but if you are on mobile, you click on the menus bar and select this:

On desktop there is a little check mark under the search feature and it works the same way.

You have to go the forum section:

JK

9259ed44437ff1f58a150d1074eda16d1e9e029e.gifv   3276e9408faa868ff5ebb56c274c9e566bbe497c.gifv   820972f7a464edc616caf9e5ad729a49ac8e63ec.gifv
    ~ ʚ ♡ ɞ ~

• Why is mod deleting my comment when this is something that happened to Armys regularly ?

Why would I want to dm him?

It does not add any discussion to what the thread is really about, which is questioning normalized hate against Super Junior. Please do not resort to calling out and derailing when it does go against the rules.

• He is a fan of Newton’s law. This is his thing. What you on about derailing?

You are bringing up things he did in another thread. If that is not derailing then what would it be. This is clearly not a thread about ARMYs/BTS and his behavior to them and if you wish to discuss this issue, it would have to be in another thread. I hope you can understand where I’m coming from.

• You are bringing up things he did in another thread. If that is not derailing then what would it be. This is clearly not a thread about ARMYs/BTS and his behavior to them and if you wish to discuss this issue, it would have to be in another thread. I hope you can understand where I’m coming from.

I would understand if the moderating was consistent. It is not. Many users clap back or comment on previous quotes based on similar topics so will these all be trashed? How many times are akorns brought up?

Seems like only certain users are being moderated.

He and others used Newton’s Law in a bts thread of similar nature. I asked if the same applied here and I wanted a reply. He probably would have answered. I wanted to know his stance.

Anyway I am done here.

• The thing is here that in Daniel's thread many users brought up their issues with him about previous things he said that go against what he claims in that thread. I know a lot do not agree with him about his behavior on certain topics and users on the forums, but going into his threads and then derailing it while hindering discussion about the actual topic, does not solve anything. There is nothing we can do about his behavior on the forums unless he is breaking the rules, of which he is not. And there are a lot of things that go unreported, so staff cannot always watch and keep an eye on everything that happens on the forums. If you ever see anything that is worth reporting then please do not hesitate to do so. It really helps us a lot.

• If someone makes a thread asking a question (that they already answered a certain way in another thread) but answers it in the present thread oppositely... are other AKP users allowed to bring up the inconsistency or are only certain fandoms/users not allowed... because I do see it happening around the forum freely?

Also, is it derailing a thread by calling an original post "hypocritical"? It is not a personal attack, nor a swear word but a proper English word used in polite conversations. It was all very much related to the topic at hand, considering who made the OP.

So can mods tell me why my comment was trashed for apparent "derailing", when I just told the user that their OP looks hypocritical given the views they hold and shared with all of AKP previously.

Can we not reference a very public post, written by a public user, in another public thread but with a common subject matter? Isn't it taking away freedom of speech from one side?

"Overspending on my pens, that are more in number... than your fans" - Cypher 2.

• According to ripia even "idiot" is not an over the line insult they warn for, neither is it derailing. How is "hypocritical" worse?

I also remember many previous threads, with mods present, where pages were spent on derailing and personal insults towards me. Do the rules only apply to some people?

It would be good to know if bringing up previous posts or general opinion of users is against the rules. I would expect it to apply to all users though.

• According to ripia even "idiot" is not an over the line insult they warn for, neither is it derailing. How is "hypocritical" worse?

I also remember many previous threads, with mods present, where pages were spent on derailing and personal insults towards me. Do the rules only apply to some people?

It would be good to know if bringing up previous posts or general opinion of users is against the rules. I would expect it to apply to all users though.

“Do the rules only apply to some people?”

There is definitely a few fandoms who seem to think the rules don’t apply to them and run to the mods when they don’t agree. And then they scream injustice when they don’t get their own way. Its funny to see a group of people who act like toddlers when they are teenagers and adults

My ults:

Ab6ix + MCND + Victon + BTS + TXT + Stray Kids + SHINee

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e6177732e636f6d2f776174747061642d6d656469612d736572766963652f53746f7279496d6167652f4749485446525148502d676161773d3d2d3832363934373330352e313565393336613161653434333734353539353233373739353538392e676966?s=fit&w=720&h=720

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!