Ask a Staff Member Thread

• How did the staff get their position? Like how did you all become mods, admins and stuff? And can we be in more than 1 guild and if we can't why?

well. Applications for the most part. But we did reach out to 1 or 2 and they accepted.

Well, it goes against the concept of guilds tho we have/are considering it.

• I guess this is more of a suggestion

I would like an interesting reaction...

I don't know what it would look like since I have no artistic skills (obviously) but something that says "interesting"

like something in between the :thumbup: and the ?( reactions

• Omg, I was going to post my suggestion on the MADE lexicon page but thankfully my brain worked last second. :pepe-joy:

I wrote that article I would die laughing if you did that and then quote it here lol

EXO - SHINEE - Nine Percent - 2NE1 - BIGBANG - ONF - BoA - HyunA - TWICE - SISTAR - SNSD - MOMOLAND - Red Velvet - ATEEZ - ITZY - TXT - BTS - MONSTA X - DREAMCATCHER - LOONA - Secret - T-ara - SUJU - After School - UNI.T - BLACKPINK - SHINGEKI

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

• Yep, interested?

So I need to get 2500 akorns , and then just send you the username I would want to use after getting it?

EXO - SHINEE - Nine Percent - 2NE1 - BIGBANG - ONF - BoA - HyunA - TWICE - SISTAR - SNSD - MOMOLAND - Red Velvet - ATEEZ - ITZY - TXT - BTS - MONSTA X - DREAMCATCHER - LOONA - Secret - T-ara - SUJU - After School - UNI.T - BLACKPINK - SHINGEKI

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

• Why exactly are akorns above 999 conventionally rounded?

I get excited to see that I got 1.1k once when in reality I got 1051 akorns lmao

is it possible to maybe in the future to change it so that when the user hits 1100 akorns then the counter displays 1.1k? I just get a little wacked out by conventionally rounded currency counters like that.

• Why exactly are akorns above 999 conventionally rounded?

I get excited to see that I got 1.1k once when in reality I got 1051 akorns lmao

is it possible to maybe in the future to change it so that when the user hits 1100 akorns then the counter displays 1.1k? I just get a little wacked out by conventionally rounded currency counters like that.

This is the default display. I do not think we have options, but I'll look.

• So I need to get 2500 akorns , and then just send you the username I would want to use after getting it?

Yes, works! However be aware that your first choice may or may not be available - though we will look to see if the name does exist, what the activity is like on it. and make allowances if possible

• edit to ves: we spoke on the discord server and you asked some questions but i am not very good at explaining it, so we agreed that beau was going to answer your questions below and basically explain what i'm unable to explain 'cause brain and fingers don't like each other.

• who changed the forum and didn't bother to give a heads up before doing so...this is so much more confusing and my brain can't handle it. i dun like it. if it's not broken why change it oi...not trying to be rude but i liked it better the other way...

Yeah, I can understand the idea behind the change of course. There are more replies than thread posts so I guess having the most recent of recent be first could encourage engagement, but at the same time, we've been pretty used to the other way already, and the other way worked fine.

It's kind of confusing now because since we're so used to seeing the thread posts on top then scrolling down to see the recent replies, we're kind of mistaking the replies for the threads, and it feels weird, to say the least.

I'm sure we will get used to it, but the other way worked, and no one was really complaining about it, so I don't think a change was needed? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Regardless, we should've gotten a heads-up beforehand. Maybe you felt the change was too minor for that, but even so, I think it would've still been a good idea. So users are more aware of what's going on, and this doesn't feel as sudden. Additionally, wouldn't it be good to announce it so you could get the feedback of users beforehand? See how others feel about the changes? That way, you can adjust the implementation accordingly at the very least so more users feel satisfied. It's important to get our voices more heard in regards to this stuff since these changes do affect us, you know?

• Ok, I see you guys are having issues with the new order. Is this something you feel won't get used? It sounds that it was more important to you than staff realized. We apologize, we did not realize it would cause this much grief.

In our line of thinking - having new posts listed out first is not really something odd - in fact it is the model more often used. You'll see that individual threads display the last reply... not the first. Forums thrive on activity - users want to be able to interact. This change was to see if this made it any easier for users to easily see where the most activity was.

It seems you were more used to it the other way, but is that just cause that was how the revamp trained you to see these things? And beyond you guys needing to get used to the change, do you see other detriments? I'd be interested to hear.

This said, it is not like we are taking away functionality. If we were, that would of course require notification. I personally don't think this is to that level, but I'm open to feedback on why it may be on that level.

• It has always been "Latest" of both posts and threads. We flipped the order: it is now "Latest Posts" on top, then "Latest Threads"

can you guys change it?

I can explain why it isn't a good idea there are topics that are a bit controversial or when people revive threads sometimes those kind threads are unnecessary

would you at least consider it? there are threads we won't like to be revived because it will create more drama. We mostly paid attention to latest threads anyways

• can you guys change it?

I can explain why it isn't a good idea there are topics that are a bit controversial or when people revive threads sometimes those kind threads are unnecessary

would you at least consider it? there are threads we won't like to be revived because it will create more drama. We mostly paid attention to latest threads anyways

I've written an announcement. Can you please put your comments there? Thank you!

Ves
  • Yes, works! However be aware that your first choice may or may not be available - though we will look to see if the name does exist, what the activity is like on it. and make allowances if possible

Thank you! :borahae:

AKP-orange-theme-sig.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!