Ask a Staff Member Thread

• Sorry but I don't undertand, both threads were about normalized hate on one kpop group, there is a clear link between the two threads, it is not like op was called out for something that has nothing to do with his thread.

All I can say is that I do not know what his intentions were when he posted asking why hate is normalized against Super Junior, but it's best to assume there's no correlation between this thread and his behavior in the one about BTS. Super Junior is a well-known group for their questionable actions and scandals, so hate against them is seemingly normalized within the kpop community so I don't get what this actually has to do anything about BTS. If you get what I mean?

• According to ripia even "idiot" is not an over the line insult they warn for, neither is it derailing. How is "hypocritical" worse?

I also remember many previous threads, with mods present, where pages were spent on derailing and personal insults towards me. Do the rules only apply to some people?

It would be good to know if bringing up previous posts or general opinion of users is against the rules. I would expect it to apply to all users though.

I didn’t even use the word hypocrite but given Ripias ruling that word is correct term to use as it furthers the discussion. 🤷‍♀️

• This is not a place to have conversations. If you have any other concerns then go ahead and tell. If not please move your conversation elsewhere.

Ripias rules are confusing. Calling someone stupid or idiot is ok but not hypocrite? I don’t know where you want me to ask this. I would like some examples.

• Ripias rules are confusing. Calling someone stupid or idiot is ok but not hypocrite? I don’t know where you want me to ask this. I would like some examples.

Never said calling someone a hypocrite is wrong. The original issue here was about users calling out another user and derailing a thread and had their posts removed for it. Those two things are against the rules. It was never about them calling a user a hypocrite in the first place but rather the way they proceeded with it is what went wrong.

• Ripias rules are confusing. Calling someone stupid or idiot is ok but not hypocrite? I don’t know where you want me to ask this. I would like some examples.

here are the forum* rules:

Forum Rules - News & Announcements - allkpop forums

you bring up an interesting point about what determines what all is being worthy of a warning point.

there are some users with posts that can nitpick and argue ad infinitum beyond the scope of the OP's intention that could be issued multiple warning points to an actual ban.

there are some users who have a habit or malignant pattern of behavior that may also affect the mod's decision.

while moderation may seem inconsistent by the personal limitations of each moderator's perspective, sometimes users are given the benefit of the doubt.

Each case is different..

but also, try and be reasonable.

If we were to warn for this insult then we would also have to stop with being use the term 'dellulu' then we would also have to warn for 'clown' also we would have to warn for the term 'troll' all are insults, nothing major but if we do for 1 we have to for everything. our main objective is to prevent HATE speech and very offensive and inappropriate insults, we have written the rules pretty clearly, which were written by the team they arent my rules.

If people cant handle such terms as idiot then you probably shouldn't be using the internet at all, but that being said each case is different intention and context matters depending, feel free to report those comments because people can try and use the rules to their favor to try and keep coming at certain users and we have warned users for doing so despite not using curse words, each case is different so feel free to report them and we will assess them.

• heya! thing is, I was thinking of starting some artist threads, anything I should do before that?

also, there are some threads which are not being updated really, like the the boyz one, I wanted to start a new thread for them if possible and merge it with the old one so that keaji 's updates don't go to waste?

also wanted to see if I can claim OP for threads like Golden Child, ACE TOO? ( chansaur you wanna try it you can too~)

Even on sleepless nights

tumblr_p29pdkWiWY1wldi5ho1_500.gifv

Look each other in the eyes

Edited once, last by egb-musiclover ().

• heya! thing is, I was thinking of starting some artist threads, anything I should do before that?

also, there are some threads which are not being updated really, like the the boyz one, I wanted to start a new thread for them if possible and merge it with the old one so that keaji 's updates don't go to waste?

also wanted to see if I can claim OP for threads like Golden Child, ACE TOO? ( chansaur you wanna try it you can too~)

Sure, you can go ahead and start your own artist threads. For the ones that aren't being updated, you can make new ones. Just let us know so we can merge with the old ones.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!