BROKER - Film Teaser Trailer | 75th Cannes Film Festival Nominee

• Not really since the time she spends on filming is time she is not interfering with KPop's worldwide advance.

Don't you know, a lot of her popularity comes from people knowing her from her acting and then discovering her singing.

With more acting renown that dynamic will also get amplified and ...

• Movie seems to have been very well recieved at Cannes.

(articles contain spoilers)

‘Broker’ Review: Three Criminals Attempting to Sell a Baby Become an Unlikely Family in Kore-eda’s Latest
    While Americans’ attention is consumed with the issue of abortion, halfway across the world, director Kore-eda Hirokazu (“Shoplifters”) focuses on the…
    variety.com

Hirokazu Kore-eda’s ‘Broker’: Film Review | Cannes 2022
    Song Kang-ho (‘Parasite’) leads the ensemble in this story of crime and compassion, about a Korean alternative family looking to find a home for an abandoned…
    www.hollywoodreporter.com

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Hope some famous director casts her in a project in Europe so she won't be able to sing in Korea for a long time

The characters Lee Jieun plays tend to be murderers. In My Mister she killed Jang Kiyong's father; in Hotel Del Luna she killed the daughter of the governor, the Chungmyung character and a company of T'ang soldiers; and it seems she kills someone in Broker too.

It looks like the singer who killed the 2nd Gen of Kpop is on a killing spree in her works, and in her next drama someone will get killed too although we don't know it will be she or someone else who will do the killing (there is an original cartoon but the story won't follow that.)

• Hope some famous director casts her in a project in Europe so she won't be able to sing in Korea for a long time

The characters Lee Jieun plays tend to be murderers. In My Mister she killed Jang Kiyong's father; in Hotel Del Luna she killed the daughter of the governor, the Chungmyung character and a company of T'ang soldiers; and it seems she kills someone in Broker too.

It looks like the singer who killed the 2nd Gen of Kpop is on a killing spree in her works, and in her next drama someone will get killed too although we don't know it will be she or someone else who will do the killing (there is an original cartoon but the story won't follow that.)

Trust Whyknock to find the pattern...

If she ever decides to come play in AKP, guess who would be first on the "hit list".. :-P

Though there might be many volunteers, I will yield the privilege to our ultimate Uaena - Whyknock.

As to your wishes about her not singing, seems with her new lightstick she is setting up people towards a concert tour.

So don't hope for much.

• I wasn't expecting that spoiler but

🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸🌺🌸
    🌸Archiveofourown.org/users/JeannieGhost🌸

💟 My Fanfics

• Film Updates on Twitter
    “Lee Ji-eun has been receiving critical acclaim for her performance in Hirokazu Kore-eda’s ‘Broker,’ with many critics and pundits naming her as a strong…
    mobile.twitter.com

Hope she wins so she doesn't participate in the War for KPop Domination in 2024

Although there is the example of Bjork who won the best actress award but hardly acted again (she only acts again in a movie named the Northman this year, the first time since 2000 which led to her Best Actress award, only because Sjon, her artistic partner, is writing the screenplay for it.)

• https://mobile.twitter.com/Fil…&t=ZvFLcQHP2UjGRNt-Hq04Vw

Hope she wins so she doesn't participate in the War for KPop Domination in 2024

Although there is the example of Bjork who won the best actress award but hardly acted again (she only acts again in a movie named the Northman this year, the first time since 2000 which led to her Best Actress award, only because Sjon, her artistic partner, is writing the screenplay for it.)

Go on wish away, as far as I know, everytime you wish her away, her comeback is even more spectacular.

• Lee Ji-eun clearly said that she wants to separete her singing and acting careers tho, it's not even a theory but a fact :pepe-notes:

source: trust me bro

Well in a recent interview she has said, IU and Lee Jieun are both her, she sees no difference, but let's the production team decide what they want to use.

And had introduced herself as "IU from Broker".

So from the horse's mouth...

• Well in a recent interview she has said, IU and Lee Jieun are both her, she sees no difference, but let's the production team decide what they want to use.

That might be true, since it is very likely that when she was the owner of Edam Entertainment, she might have transferred the stage name of IU, and probably all of the rights on her own songs held by Loen/Kakao/Edam, to her own name.

• That might be true, since it is very likely that when she was the owner of Edam Entertainment, she might have transferred the stage name of IU, and probably all of the rights on her own songs held by Loen/Kakao/Edam, to her own name.

Yes, that's an important factor.

I would be very surprised is she doesn't control her Stage name, given how smart she has been in managing her career.

• Well in a recent interview she has said, IU and Lee Jieun are both her, she sees no difference, but let's the production team decide what they want to use.

wow, either I was wrong, either she changed her mind on this topic :wellr:

• wow, either I was wrong, either she changed her mind on this topic :wellr:

As Whyknock speculates, it might be related to whether or not she had full control of her stage name. Since there was recent ownership changes with EDAM, it is possible that she now has full control and need not bother about keeping the brands separate.

But again, it is all speculation. It is possible that the culture in korean acting, prefers proper full names than stage names.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!