stop bringing up your problematic pasts just to defend kpop idols

• kpop twt makes me feel smarter than i am

like...?! why ;(

you or your family members doing messed up stuff doesn't make what the idol did okay

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

screenshot

pasted-from-clipboard.png

this was super prominent during the han issue

some stays were out here openly admitting to being serial racists just to defend him ;(

being like 'didn't we all have a racist phase '

who is WE? cuz i sure wasnt

• The user said that in response to Daesung's car accident. I think there's a clear difference between someone who accidentally killed someone in a car accident versus someone who deliberately planned to murder someone in cold blood.

Of course the person who caused the accident should be held accountable, but it's not nearly the same thing as being a murderer, which a lot of K-pop fans are painting Daesung out to be.

But situations involving bullying are a different story entirely. When you bully someone, there's no "accidental bullying." The intent is there and it's clear as day if you bully someone.

i agree that there is a difference considering that the family forgave him

the main problem i have with this is op bringing their cousin's situation when its not the same thing at all

they're just using it to defend him when there is no need to do so

• Yeah this whole "well I did the same thing she/he did when I was 13 and I'm not racist or insert problematic thing" is so crazy? like why are you trying to defend them..? everyone is different so if you weren't educated at 13 that doesn't mean every other 13 year old isn't educated. Everyone is different.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• You should have used this as an example in your original post instead of bringing up a tweet defending Daesung, who was involved in a car accident. In Daesung's case, he had no intent of hurting or killing anyone.

Intention matters. Han clearly intended to use derogatory term to insult darker-skinned folks, so there's no question about that. He used the Korean version of the N-word, too, so he clearly knew what it meant and intended to degrade people.

Meanwhile, Daesung was in a CAR accident, very much like Jungkook was. The only difference is that Jungkook's accident didn't result in a death. They were both at fault in their respective collisions, but one is "cancelled" and the other isn't.

i agree that there is a difference considering that the family forgave him

the main problem i have with this is op bringing their cousin's situation when its not the same thing at all

they're just using it to defend him when there is no need to do so

^what im trying to say

• the thing is why are you bringing it up if the situation is already cleared?!

there is no need to mindlessly defend daesung if charges were already dropped and everything is resolved

it just seems like they're bringing an irl for no absolute reason

:?::!:

• Meanwhile, Daesung was in a CAR accident, very much like Jungkook was. The only difference is that Jungkook's accident didn't result in a death. They were both at fault in their respective collisions, but one is "cancelled" and the other isn't.

Oh dear me. Comparing a death by car accident to a fender bender don’t seem right to me. One is “cancelled” for a very good reason. Disappointed this is coming from you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!