My not-so-much controversial point about this annoying GG vs BG fanwar

• Seems like GG stans annoys BG stans and talk shit about BG because they are jealous resentful of the fact that Boygroups:

- Sells more

- Have longer and more stable careers

- Don't need to suffer systemic gender issues

- Are less likely to face hate and scrutiny from korean GP

- Often have more freedom to perform, create and express themselves either personally or through art/music

- Are more likely to be recognized by their talents, music and industry impact rather than their looks ou pubic persona

Hence, Boygroup stans have little to no reason to truly complain for whatever thing GG says about them, because in the end of the day, Boygroups career still easier and it won't change regardless of GG stans trolling or boycott. BG stans are the majority and mostly dominate kpop industry, they aren't an alienated minority

----------------------------------

Ok, now we have settle GG stans side of the story. I'll give my opinion about this because I'm in a very funny position in this debate: I'm a male, and I'm a BG stan. I have the same privileges and advantages the groups I stan and I'm very well aware how those privileges play in many segments of my life

My take about this is:

While I do agree the kpop is a very harsh industry for Girlgroups and they have harder careers, GG stans needs to realize Boygroup members are merely using their privilege because they can. Nothing in the use of those privileges represents a direct treat to Girlgroups, nor jeopardize their careers. If anything girlgroups are constantly getting benefits from Boygroups success and adventures as Boygroups are as rule of thumb pioneers in everything this industry tries.

Plus, as most of BG stans are females they are likely to face the same hardships in their professional and private lives, ultimately rendering the whole preaching about this subject pointless. There is absolutely nothing to reach calling out BG stans, and even less for trolling and attacking BG on internet. You can light a candle every night and pray for a Boygroup member to be cancelled any time a controversy break up, wanting this to be the universe balancing out the society unfairness, but in the end of the day rooting for the disgrace of males won't improve women's position in society.

So, please GG stans spend less energy on your moral crusade against BG and BG stans and try to just enjoy the music for once

• Are you assuming that GG stans are all male though? I'm pretty sure most GGs have more female fans than male fans, even groups like Twice and Ive have more female fans. Basically according to this sales data, it's Izone and Izone soloists and a few nugu and mid tier GGs that still have majority male fans...everyone else is majority female.

FMSWV-UX0AIFKFk.jpg

Also, where have you been? So much charting stuff has happened the past year but you missed most of it. ;(

• External Content youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nope. I'm very well aware most GG stans are female

I don't have much time to look for chart anymore, sadly. But hey, I'm working as a data scientist now, never spend so much time in my life looking for data lol

• Disagree, but I don't care enough to argue about it :pepepizza:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Girl groups are better because you know for almost a fact they didn’t sexual assault or harass someone. With boy group members you are always taking the risk they have or will eventually do that. Also girl groups are generally more interesting

• But the point of creating threads in a forum is to people to disagree with. Otherwise... why being in a forum in first place?

That's right, but I'm just tired. And the whole "gg stans are jealous" is just more tiring :pepe-legs:

• Girl groups are better because you know for almost a fact they didn’t sexual assault or harass someone. With boy group members you are always taking the risk they have or will eventually do that. Also girl groups are generally more interesting

• While I do agree the kpop is a very harsh industry for Girlgroups and they have harder careers, GG stans needs to realize Boygroup members are merely using their privilege because they can. Nothing in the use of those privileges represents a direct treat to Girlgroups, nor jeopardize their careers. If anything girlgroups are constantly getting benefits from Boygroups success and adventures as Boygroups are as rule of thumb pioneers in everything this industry tries.

Plus, as most of BG stans are females they are likely to face the same hardships in their professional and private lives, ultimately rendering the whole preaching about this subject pointless. There is absolutely nothing to reach calling out BG stans, and even less for trolling and attacking BG on internet. You can light a candle every night and pray for a Boygroup member to be cancelled any time a controversy break up, wanting this to be the universe balancing out the society unfairness, but in the end of the day rooting for the disgrace of males won't improve women's position in society.

So, please GG stans spend less energy on your moral crusade against BG and BG stans and try to just enjoy the music for once

I do not this is a flex in any way it's actually just sad. Imagine typing this and thinking "Yep! I got em with this one!"

• External Content youtube.com

NOOOO I WAS GONNA POST THIS DHVBFKJBGBJGD

• just from my experience honestly I kinda agree since I haven't other bg fans attacked ggs fans (besides army for some reason idk) on TWITTER BY THE WAY but you don't have to be so dramatic about it tho

"Out of all the languages he could've spoken, He chose to speak facts"

• just from my experience honestly I kinda agree since I haven't other bg fans attacked ggs fans (besides army for some reason idk) on TWITTER BY THE WAY but you don't have to be so dramatic about it tho

but the other sh*t nah it's ain't chief

because sexual harass towards men aren't not seen as serious by some men and some women tho I think idk

• Ok, gonna say this and go to sleep

"Have longer and more stable careers" Red Velvet peaking close to their 8th anniversary. Overall, this whole bg vs gg fight is dumb, but even dumber when we try to compare who's richer or more successful. Int fans downplay cfs a lot when some big korean actors go hiatus and just get their money with cfs, I don't check idols back account to know what pays more, but no top idol is poor lol

Even if I'm more into ggs, I like some bgs. Every fight there's a side saying that only the other side is atacking, well, "when one doesn’t want to, two can’t fight”.

Man some people are just not helping

Then you haven’t seen Engenes attack Wonyoung on every possible occasion because she’s MCing with their oppar

• I won't bother with the other stuff but I completely disagree with males being pioneers for women to follow in everything this industry tries you ignoring the success of many variety or competition shows or fashion trends.

if we are talking about the industry in general this doesn't always apply (especially lately ) if anything queendom, produce 101 and street woman fighter say otherwise. They experiment with female idols/artists/dancers to see what works and try to make it perfect later not to mention that popular trends start from female groups.

• Ok, gonna say this and go to sleep

"Have longer and more stable careers" Red Velvet peaking close to their 8th anniversary. Overall, this whole bg vs gg fight is dumb, but even dumber when we try to compare who's richer or more successful. Int fans downplay cfs a lot when some big korean actors go hiatus and just get their money with cfs, I don't check idols back account to know what pays more, but no top idol is poor lol

Even if I'm more into ggs, I like some bgs. Every fight there's a side saying that only the other side is atacking, well, "when one doesn’t want to, two can’t fight”.

That's a very good point. Now girlgroups have more international fans to support their activities the group's age is no longer as much as hindrance as it was in the past. So this point is now open to debate, as BG needs to do military service their position as having longer careers aren't secure anymore, although overall BG still lasting longer

About who attack first or not, both attack, however it seems like GG stans are far more resentful and bitter of BG and BG stans than the opposite, mainly because of the feeling of unfairness surrounding girlgroup's career. Although many BG stans look down on GG criticizing their voices, dancing ability and lack of autoral songs I've witnessed far more people disliking BG simply because they are BG, than peole disliking GG simply because they are GG

And this is not an anecdotal evidence. As we can see by streaming numbers, Top Girlgroups title tracks get consistently more attention and streaming than Top BG title tracks. If we state (correctly, based on sales) the majority of kpop fans are BG stans, then we must also agree BG stans are actually LISTENING and watching GG music, MVs and performances, at least at higher pace than GG stans consuming BG music.

If listening habits favor more sympathy from BG stans towards GG than GG stans towards BG I have no reason to not believe this does not extends to fanwar. The natural cycle is for GG stans have higher levels of bitterness towards Boygroups than to BG stans towards Girlgroups

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!