Stray kids may as well be called Hyunjn's Kids at this point

• So hyunjin is my bias - his dancing is great, visuals great, facial expressions great (although sometimes too much haha)

BUT I hardly even see the rest of the group, like... he was even one of the ones who almost got kicked out of the survival show...? Yet he is a "main rapper", main dancer, center, visual.... huhhhh... where is Lee Know's main parts? Hes gorgeous too? If anything he fits the korean beauty standard even more than hyunjin lol hes the lead dancer yet hes always in the back? Chan is a whole group leader, yet doesn't even get many lines lol? AT BEST hes in centre for a decent amount of time... when he made the songs lol... seungmin is the most underutilised in terms of appearance on videos and centre time, but at least he has lines.

Im not hating on hyunjin at all, but he legit is 75% of the show lol, I get it hes gorgeous, but what about the rest??? how do they not feel like shit lol? he gets the most exciting parts EVERY TIME... man, its just sad at this point, and im sick of it lowkey... like when you have too much of the same thing its not really exciting anymore haha

Is this their decision? is this JYP himself decision? is it the companies decision? choregraphers decisions?

• Lee Know is also main dancer, not lead dancer. I hope he gets more solo stages though

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

protector of the gharqad tree

tumblr_lkl136Bxsg1qbvbvxo1_500.gif

• Hyunjin is my ult, but I don't get what you, guys, are talking about. I don't see him being pushed that much.

For example, in the line distribution of Stray Kids' discography, Hyunjin's #6, less than Han, Chan, Seungmin, Changbin and Lee Know, in that order.

A lot of Stray Kids' choreographies depending on teamwork so much and their performances are only that great because all of them together have a good synergy and presence. Of course Hyunjin will appear a bit more on the stage, he's the main dancer and the visual, it is sometime that happens in every group. He also, naturally, makes people pay attention on him, because of his talent as performer, charisma and beauty, not because he's being pushed while the other members are his shadows.

• I think his role makes total sense. He has a striking look and stage presence that makes people pay attention to him. That and the fact that his dancing style is stylistically more intense and eye catching than everyone else's, I think it makes the most sense to keep him in the center during group choreography. I think his role is just the most noticeable because he's meant to be eye catching. I know he didn't want the visual role, but he does his job well, honestly.

As far as lines go, he really doesn't get much. He had the least amount of lines in "In Life", so I think it balances out.

I think I.N is the only one with an insignificant role. Lee Know gets enough lines, but he isn't shown as much for some weird reason. Everyone else seems quite balanced, except Han who, imo, seems to have the largest slice of the pie. He's just not visually featured as much as Hyunjin. If Hyunjin got all of Han's parts, it would definitely be Hyunjin and friends.

N Ξ O C I T Y

EWwNl6R.png

• Fyi, Stray Kids have never had official main and lead positions and a few months ago positions were completely removed from their official page. Hyunjin isn't considered a main rapper, Changbin and Han are. Lee Know is also considered a main dancer.

I do agree that Lee Know deserves more center time but it really isn't Hyunijn's fault.

JYPE is definitely trying to capitalize on Hyunjin's rising popularity since SKZ are in a need of a larger Korean fanbase but that push isn't extreme, imo, it's not like the group is known as Hyunjin and friends. From what I've seen, the rest of the dance line is also gaining popularity among Korean fans along with Hyunjin.

Once they establish themselves more I think the members will get more equal opportunities.

• SKZ and Twice are slowly teetering toward pushing one member solo like JYP did with Miss A and Suzy I feel. It makes me sad. I do want solos but I feel they could do like Super Junior and have solos but also group activities and last over 15 years in the industry.... Maybe I am just sick of JYP's flawed yet successful business plans as a senior stan....

giphy.gif

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Utada-Hikaru-Blue-Stay-Magical-Sig.png

• Lee Know is also main dancer, not lead dancer. I hope he gets more solo stages though

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

So why is he always put in the god damn back??? Moving like he’s still a backup dancer ... the disrespect

• Hyunjin is my ult, but I don't get what you, guys, are talking about. I don't see him being pushed that much.

For example, in the line distribution of Stray Kids' discography, Hyunjin's #6, less than Han, Chan, Seungmin, Changbin and Lee Know, in that order.

A lot of Stray Kids' choreographies depending on teamwork so much and their performances are only that great because all of them together have a good synergy and presence. Of course Hyunjin will appear a bit more on the stage, he's the main dancer and the visual, it is sometime that happens in every group. He also, naturally, makes people pay attention on him, because of his talent as performer, charisma and beauty, not because he's being pushed while the other members are his shadows.

I think his role makes total sense. He has a striking look and stage presence that makes people pay attention to him. That and the fact that his dancing style is stylistically more intense and eye catching than everyone else's, I think it makes the most sense to keep him in the center during group choreography. I think his role is just the most noticeable because he's meant to be eye catching. I know he didn't want the visual role, but he does his job well, honestly.

As far as lines go, he really doesn't get much. He had the least amount of lines in "In Life", so I think it balances out.

I think I.N is the only one with an insignificant role. Lee Know gets enough lines, but he isn't shown as much for some weird reason. Everyone else seems quite balanced, except Han who, imo, seems to have the largest slice of the pie. He's just not visually featured as much as Hyunjin. If Hyunjin got all of Han's parts, it would definitely be Hyunjin and friends.

I 100% agree he literally is the eye catcher

He’s the one who gets people talking and interested in them

But I’m talking about how now it’s at the expense of other members now and it’s sad to see? Where the fuck was Lee Know in Gods Menu when he’s a main dancer or lead dancer or whatever hahaha make it make sense When Hyunjin has literally 3 solo parts in it

• Every group that ever wants to be big has their Hyunjin. A popular member to get the group known locally.

It isn’t a Suzy miss A case though. And people hinting that are smoking crack. The popularity of the other members is strong as well internationally.

• I remember Hyunjin saying he wanted to be liked for his skills and not his looks, and yet, is his long blonde hair what skyrocketed his popularity

w3hUyFC.gif

Ahahahaha right!!! He’s loving it mate

He just didn’t like that people kept using that to degrade him probably to make themselves feel better for having less of a prospect of debuting

But come on he ain’t THAT bothered by it

• Fyi, Stray Kids have never had official main and lead positions and a few months ago positions were completely removed from their official page. Hyunjin isn't considered a main rapper, Changbin and Han are. Lee Know is also considered a main dancer.

I do agree that Lee Know deserves more center time but it really isn't Hyunijn's fault.

JYPE is definitely trying to capitalize on Hyunjin's rising popularity since SKZ are in a need of a larger Korean fanbase but that push isn't extreme, imo, it's not like the group is known as Hyunjin and friends. From what I've seen, the rest of the dance line is also gaining popularity among Korean fans along with Hyunjin.

Once they establish themselves more I think the members will get more equal opportunities.

I hope so!!!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!