EXO Appreciation Thread #3

• FOR THIS NEW SERIES OF THREADS, I WILL APPRECIATE THE THING THAT SHOULD BE THE MOST TALKED ABOUT BUT IT ISN'T, MUSIC ITSELF.

#3 Emotion

Emotion, as you all know, can be conveyed through either lyrics, singing, rapping, even just by instrumental.

However, It also depends upon the listener as well.

Today, I will appreciate the level of emotion EXO songs have and how it can move people even if they don't know the language they are singing/rapping.

EXO had 3 Main Vocalists :- ChenBaekSoo

4 Lead Vocalists :- Suho, Kai, Lay, Xiumin

2 Rappers :- Chanyeol and Sehun

We'll talk about Vocalists in this post, EXO has the best Vocal Line in KPOP, and THIS IS OBJECTIVE ;-) . By vocal line, I mean, including the lead vocalists, which strengthens this department even more.

Throughout their discography, EXO has done different type of ballads (Typically songs where their vocals are at the forefront of all things, Very minimal instrumental)

I will be sharing 2 such examples with live performances :-

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This song is special. Well, Every EXO song is, but you get the idea.

Starting with simple piano, There is no percussion in the track whatsoever which makes this even more intimate and emotional.

The melody is very heart wrenching. The way chords are played along with the harmonies, I get the feeling, they realize that THIS PERSON is their answer.

Highlights :- When D.O sings "My Love" followed by Baekhyun's soaring declaration, it's perfect.

It's sad. It's also a bit romantic.

Another song I really like

External Content open.spotify.com

A clear fan favorite. Simple yet elegant.

I was surprised when Chanyeol started rapping, it was unexpected and it worked well.

Also got a slight R&B influence. A must listen.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• Let me copy paste my old thread

:pepe-shades:

The lyrics are worth to appreciate as well

Baby don't cry has another official name actually which is The Mermaid's Tears

It is inspired by Hans Christian Anderon's 'The little mermaid', the story of a little mermaid who falls in love with a human and wants to be a human and have an eternal soul humans have. In order to gain soul she has to win the prince's heart but she fails as the prince marries another princess. If the mermaid kills him with the dagger before dawn breaks she can become a mermaid again and return to her home but she can not bring herself to kill him. So she just throws herself to the sea and dissolves into foam...

And baby don't cry's lyrics are written from Prince's or someone who loves Little Mermaid's perspective.

Don’t hesitate anymore please

Take away my heart

Yes, the sharper it is, the better

Even the moonlight shut its eyes tonight

Baby don’t cry tonight

After the darkness passes

Baby don’t cry tonight

It will become as if it never happened

You're not the one who will disappear into foam

Something you should have never known

So baby don't cry, cry

My love will protect you

External Content www.youtube.com

• Wow. I almost forgot it lol.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I really love the sudden rap break

One of the best

:siptear:

• When Baek sang it at Kyoongcon

:lover1:

External Content twitter.com

• Wow I didnt l didnt know the song was based on this story 8|

• ;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(;(

Yet they say love songs are bOrINg smh :zipr:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!