[theqoo/instiz] "IF IU NIM CAME VISIT ME AT THE ARMY, IT WILL HELP MY ARMY LIFE", OLD FASHION COMMENT MADE BY BLOCKB P.O AFTER JOINING THE MARINES

• [theqoo/instiz] "IF IU NIM CAME VISIT ME AT THE ARMY, IT WILL HELP MY ARMY LIFE", OLD FASHION COMMENT MADE BY BLOCKB P.O AFTER JOINING THE MARINES

AVvXsEij_XD-frn0-ROAbdm7d4ExnhZFYnE4rQ1OG0uS67NQCoOi2phyFVnbBbnpyMqF4yjEfB7pvxlp_l8PdJmji2HECZk3xzGeygRqHUZafo957ZFzS4ZnoSSIUDjvJItZhKFbO_A7IxsudUaZQFRwUQ-wsHeZwknA6J1jF3vi2i9Re8j_YGHJg2FulzQM=s16000

On the afternoon of the 6th, on the YouTube channel 'GQ KOREA', a video titled 'P.O's letter to fans before enlistment (feat. IU)' was posted.

In the released video, P.O left a video letter to the people around him, including the Block B members, his best friend Mino, high school classmates, etc.

Finally, P.O wrote a video message to IU while he being cautious, saying, "If possible....no, no." he said, "To Ji-eun, if it's possible, I thought it would be very helpful to my military life if you could come to the army." Still, P.O shyly said, "I was going to talk about this but I won't," and showed his fan's heart"

t/n: the reason why it's considered old-fashion and borderline controversial is because in the old days, girl groups were sent to perform in the army to "cheer up" men, it can also be seen as him inviting a girlfriend/woman to come and "console" him privately at the army and show her off as a 'trophy'

original post: here

1. F*cking so so to say

2. Oh... Saying this is so ignorant

3. Seeing how he's still calling her ~ssi even though they're the same age makes you realize how awkward their relationship must be outside of variety shows, so why would he say something like thatㅋㅋ

4. Ah he's not asking her to perform at the army concert but straight up asking for a personal invitation?... Hul I thought he was talking about a concert... Seriously they're not even close, why would he ask her to come to the army to see him

5. Ignorant

6. Why is he acting like that? He seriously sounds like a grandpa

7. He's asking a sunbae out who isn't even close to him as a trophy

8. Whether they're close or not, this isn't something to joke around. "Inviting women to make army life easier" this kind of mindset is so old-fashion... Why are there so many people who can't progress?

9. I used to like P.O but whether they are close in real life or not, I hope he refrains from making this kind of comments... Who he's trying to call isn't the issue here. The issue is that he thinks that bringing a female celebrity in the army will make his army life 'easier'

10. Saying something like that to someone you're not close with?

[instiz] IF IU CAN COME, P,O REQUEST FOR ARMY VISIT... THE LINE BETWEEN A FAN'S HEART AND BEING IGNORANT

original post: here

1. I wouldn't call this ignorant, but it puts burden to someone

2. Why is this an issue..? They're acquainted to each other.. Of course if they didn't know each other, it's another story, but it's not like that either

3. They know each other, of course he can say stuff like that, I feel like it's fine..

4. Aren't they close?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

5. They're close, why is it considered rude?ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. What the... As long as IU accepts the comment who are you to judge?

7. Didn't they shoot a drama together?ㅋㅋㅋ

8. No but even if they're close, why would he want her to come to 'help his army life'?

9. He's just saying whatever who caresㅋㅋㅋㅋ So many sensitive people nowadays

10. So you can't even say stuff like that to people you're close with?

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from Chill Kill #aespa from Chill Kill

• Why are netizens always making up problems :pepefacepalm:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Do netz know what kind of friends, co-workers they are? NO

Do netz know the Korean cultural mores, even if we are familiar, culture is hardly uniform? NO

But do we comment it is abuse, wrong, correct, cute and everything in between - OF COURSE.

I am just hoping that maybe this turns into a mini-concert at the Army camp.

I remember IU visiting when Lee-Seung-gi was in the Army and performing.

IU is famous for obliging friends and connections. So maybe she will, schedules and other factors permitting.

• For all you guys know, they could be messaging daily.

He could be one of her best friends. This may have been an inside joke between them.

Or, it could have just been that...a joke.

If IU doesn't wanna do it, she won't. She's a grown woman. She's been in this industry long enough to be able to throw some weight around if she wants to. The comments are worried about it probably more than she is.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Her agency even had to release a statement about it, saying they are friends and they dont see any problem with the comment.

While the culture of girls/girlgroups going to perform infront of men in the military can certainly be somewhat problematic, and the wording of it could have been better..

I dont think he meant any ill by the comment, its obvious it was meant more as joke and none besides them now the nature of their relationship (but from have been shown in interviews and some tv shows they certainly seem to be friends). And hes certainly not the first celebrity to ask/invite her to the military. Kang hanul said the exact same thing basically four years ago, none cared then. Lee seungi asked her to perform for the military and she did etc.

Frankly i find the infantilizing of IU by people and certain parts of IUs own fandom to be a bigger problem and sexist in its on way. Many seem to think they are protecting her, that she cant answer or make decision for herself, and that she should not be asked things like this because its a burden for her. Meanwhile all the uproar and drama on this and other things in the past leads to bigger headaches then his comment ever would, its doubtful she would ever even know about it to begin with if not for this.

• The standard tropes of K-pop,

1. Asking idols who their "ideal type" is? and then it shadows both the people forever with idiots making up their own lunatic fantasies of ship/hate about that.

2. Asking male idols entering military about or even soldiers in general, which (female) idol they would most like to comfort(?) them during their stint, P.O pre-empted in this case, which again is strange to non-Koreans, causing more storms in the teacup.. no teaspoon.

ho.. hum..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!