Lay leaves SM but will remain in EXO

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

YIXING FREEDOM!!!!

I hope this doesn't affect his group activities....and he can comeback with EXO.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I think this is what most people were expecting to happen. As long as he's happy and it seems to be an amicable parting. <3

• He did his best! <3

I wish him the greatest path! <3

This letter got me emotional. Now let me cry. :pepecry:

• I'm gonna be honest, from what I see, he's an "Exo member" but not really you know? Like I doubt he would ever actually go back to Korea and do activities with Exo ever again. He might record something for the group's sake or maybe say/write something related to Exo but I feel like he has his own career and he's doing his own thing in China where it would be too much for him to actually go back and do legitimate stuff with Exo again

• I don't know if it was his choice or SM's choice to keep him in China for so long, but I do love his solo work and I hope that he remains happy and able to do what he loves doing, I wish him the best. He was always my fave in EXO so i'm glad to hear that he still considers himself part of them, and it would be great to see him collaborate with other members!

• May I know why he leaves SM? Is it because of China-Korea issue?

Yea, this was my question too

SM has never been very good at navigating the waters in Chinese entertainment (you can see this with the piss poor management of WayV). When they intentionally created a separate studio for him to pursue his Chinese activities, he has done a lot of that work continuing to build that studio's work and his brand in China. Fundamentally, SM his still taking a piece of the pie that he has done all the work to shop for and bake, so it was clear once his contract ended, he would part ways since he's shown he can build a brand and manage the business side (whether that's taking a hands on role or knowing how to hire the right people, those are things SM couldn't do). The China-Korea political situation only made it easier to make this separation (it's hard to work a busy schedule in C-entertainment while running around also doing K-entertainment, but it probably could have been more balanced without the tensions).

None of us were surprised by this, I think - I was surprised that he came back for that last album, which was a lovely and wonderful gift to EXO-Ls who thought he'd never be in EXO again. I'm really hopeful he also has some sort of part in whatever 10th anniversary music we get before he says goodbye.

I do wish he would have announced it on a different day, like a few days after the anniversary, but such is life.

The path Lay made is exactly the same one being made for Winwin - his own studio, in partnership with a C-entertainment company that does the bulk of the work while SM gets a cut of the profits. In time, he too will leave SM.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• Thank you for detailing it so well. He dropped a song right? ISaidISaid and Kireta are locked in some onion factory in the other thread....

• i really wish this didn't come out today as well now im gonna be a mess all night :waterr::waterr:

• I'm gonna be honest, from what I see, he's an "Exo member" but not really you know? Like I doubt he would ever actually go back to Korea and do activities with Exo ever again. He might record something for the group's sake or maybe say/write something related to Exo but I feel like he has his own career and he's doing his own thing in China where it would be too much for him to actually go back and do legitimate stuff with Exo again

he was on every song on their last album, I could see him still recording on albums if the members ask him. He runs his own company so he wouldn't need clearance from anyone (beside SM) or anything like that.

• he was on every song on their last album, I could see him still recording on albums if the members ask him. He runs his own company so he wouldn't need clearance from anyone (beside SM) or anything like that.

Yeah like I said I can see him maybe recording something for them or maybe promoting them and stuff like that, but I don't really think he would ever go to Korea and actually properly promote with them again (it could be anything like filming the mv in person, doing variety/reality shows, music shows, etc.). I just don't see that happening, so tbh when I think of Exo I kinda think of him as an honorary member now

• For what he said he just stopped being an SM employee. We know SM doesn't take having former employees who are still members of their groups very well.

but the situation with lay seems different. lee soo man himself appeared in lay's video about his own company chromosome congratulating him so i think he still has some connections to SM or at least its with good terms

• Thank you for detailing it so well. He dropped a song right? ISaidISaid and Kireta are locked in some onion factory in the other thread....

He's released 4 very successful albums and another 4 EPs and he's a big seller in China, produces TV shows, has lots of CFs, acts..so he'll be fine.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• oh and just dropped a new single..

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thanks for the info! I also thought it is a logical reason for Chinese idols to leave the company if they have lot of things to wager and with the political issue between the two country it making it more easier to part ways.

• Gtg crying :pepecry:

External Content twitter.com

• I hope he will be happy in any thing he does :borahae:

If he doesn't return to EXO I will miss him with them but I understand completely :borahae::borahae:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• I think he will be returning to EXO. I have that gut feeling....

Hopefully :borahae:

Legend Lee Know

External Content youtu.be

• This thread contains 10 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!