Why do many people drop their faves the moment they stop being no.1?

• yes i'm shading success stans but also asking because as u can see, ppl have different views abt it

if YOU are a success stan and felt insulted / shaded then that's on you

If you jump ship/ change the group you stan every day. Are you considered a success stan? Or a bandwagoner? I’m really curious :pepe-smug:

• If you jump ship/ change the group you stan every day. Are you considered a success stan? Or a bandwagoner? I’m really curious :pepe-smug:

imo that's either a bandwagoner or maybe they're just confused / can't find who really interests them enough to make them stay

𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒪𝒮 𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 : 𝐹𝑅𝐸𝐸𝒵𝐸

2741905bbb1d2d3cce9bc12102593129e23fdc5b.gifv

• looks like i missed some

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

b-side of the year :love:

𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒪𝒮 𝒞𝐻𝒜𝒫𝒯𝐸𝑅 : 𝐹𝑅𝐸𝐸𝒵𝐸

2741905bbb1d2d3cce9bc12102593129e23fdc5b.gifv

• looks like i missed some

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

tenor.gif

:pepemusic:

• I dont like their new releases at all. It's second reason why I stopped carrying about them. Too much annoying and delulu fans and change of music towards worse imo. Also, members dont enjoy stage or anything anymore. They arent the same BTS for me.

i can understand ur previous points but members dont enjoy stage anymore seems to be your opinion so dont spread it as a fact. if u r basing this off the documentaries, u should know that the most things they talk now in lives is how badly they want to perfom and do a concert

• Ok, I'm aware there is a whole drama playing out in this thread which I know nothing about but... I actually want to have a real discussion about this?

Like, if I'm being honest I think I started out as a Blackpink sucess stan but not for bad reasons. It was never about lording my faves achievement over other people's heads but just... it's pretty natural to be inspired by a sucess story ??? At first, I did not like most of Blackpink's music (their biggest hits like BBY, D4, KTL) but just reading about their sucess, their acclaimed Coachella performance, how they overcame a lot of criticism from the kpop community at large, it's just uplifting you know? It's uplifting to read all the positive reaction of the fandom, of seing so many people celebrating young women's achievements. And yeah, it's also pretty vindicating to be able to quote a hater and recite all the group's achievements to shut them up, it totally does give you a rush of vicariously bragging and the impression of justice being served and I think that's why this type of 'slapping everyone with my faves achievements' easily goes too far from people who don't know when to take step back to go get some fresh air. But, overall, I don't think this whole 'success stan' thing always starts from such a negative place as you all make it out to be.

Tl,dr: A sucess story is always inspiring and uplifting and that's why I think any group who reaches the top will gain a lot of fans just because they are successful. And once they stop being that sucessful a lot of those fans will leave to find the next success story they can get inspired by. It's not evil or anything, it's just human nature.

Your perspective is quite interesting and frankly it's the first time I've seen someone stanning blackpink like that. It's nice to see a kpop fan who thinks within the grey area.

• i can understand ur previous points but members dont enjoy stage anymore seems to be your opinion so dont spread it as a fact. if u r basing this off the documentaries, u should know that the most things they talk now in lives is how badly they want to perfom and do a concert

I didnt mean it as fact, it is just how it looks to me.

The last time I followed their comeback and watched performances on the shows was during Boy with Luv and their lives were very disappointing in every aspect (singing, even rapping and dancing which are their "thing").

Edit: And it was the moment when I completely stopped following them. I listen songs to see how is it and the end, nth else.

• I didnt mean it as fact, it is just how it looks to me.

The last time I followed their comeback and watched performances on the shows was during Boy with Luv and their lives were very disappointing in every aspect (singing, even rapping and dancing which are their "thing").

:pepe-toilet: hmm i didn't feel that way at all but each to their own opinion

• Your perspective is quite interesting and frankly it's the first time I've seen someone stanning blackpink like that. It's nice to see a kpop fan who thinks within the grey area.

I'm sure I'm not the only one, though. It seems so natural to me to be attracted to someone's sucess. There's a reason plenty of people jump on the bandwagon when something gets popular, they just want to be part of the cultural phenomenon. Maybe it's just because kpop fans won't admit it. I mean, everything always gets so intense about kpop lol The fans maybe just don't to admit that they're just there because of the success, it always has to be something more dramatic.

And, to be fair, The Album changed everyhting for me, I really liked it. It's funny I actually had a whole crisis about it like 'Wait, I actually like blackpink's music?!!' and then I watched the documentary and gained a lot of respect for the girls, especially Rosé and Jennie. So I guess now I stan Blackpink for their success and also for the girls as artists.

But about seing the grey areas in kpop, I agree. The world of kpop is actually so fascinating and there are a lot of very interesting discussions to be had but everything always has to be drama, and shade, and offense lol But I see that you are a reddit blink ;) I often lurk on the blackpink subreddit and it's actually the most chill and mature kpop space I've found, ironically. I really like it over there!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!