How do we determine 2nd gen biggest boy group between TVXQ Super Junior BigBang?

• TVXQ brought back idol groups by kicking off 2nd gen and had the highest selling 2nd gen album with Mirotic. Also had the highest paid fanclub in history.

Super Junior took the baton from their seniors and was the best selling kpop group for 4 years straight. Also the most important group in the Hallyu Wave.

BigBang were the Kings of digitals and the general publics darlings. Arguably the most famous kpop group in the West before BTS.

Three titans of the industry. But who is #1?

I'm not doing a poll cause I want actual discussion.

• nct dream is the biggest

External Content open.spotify.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• either in China, Japan, America the first ones were TVXQ along with Arashi, F4 (Asian wave). The other groups knew how to take advantage of that door. Even JYJ was the first boy group to perform on billboard. SuJu and BB benefited.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• either in China, Japan, America the first ones were TVXQ along with Arashi, F4 (Asian wave). The other groups knew how to take advantage of that door. Even JYJ was the first boy group to perform on billboard. SuJu and BB benefited.

The question is who is the biggest, not who opened the doors ..

Back to op: for me it's clearly BB seeing how they are still a top group and the most popular and talked 2nd gen group, no? Their cb is here to prove their relevancy in kpop and in general yet again.

• Isn't the answer pretty

• BIGBANG is gonna win due to recency bias but I'm sure they have a case regardless. In 2011, I'm sure it would be TVXQ.

All 3 are still active with BB actually being the less active so all 3 can prove their longevity and if their success were big just in their gen or if surpasses generations and just BB is doing abnormal. So it's isn't a bias, it is the reality. The question is clear: who IS the biggest not who WERE the biggest when actually Lies, Haru Haru, Fantastic Baby, their solo releases are also proof of their success.

BIGBANG numbers aren't just cute, they are insane. Obviously people will answer with the one topping charts, why attach over a glorious past when we are also living a glorious present?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!