What's your opinion on the Queendom stages so far

• Frist two performed today. The other performances will be aired next week.

The fact that they hadn't even been told that they would be performing infront of a live audience until right before they went on stage. It was crazy

Viviz

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Hyolyn

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i felt Viviz did a good job with what they had and Rough made me so nostalgic but without Yuju's vocals, those songs didnt hit that hard

Hyolyn's stage........its not for me

i can already tell it will be my least favorite although I can see people like it a lot and I understand why

the bared ass shaking, lipsyncing and overuse of backup dancers are all elements that turned me off

its just a preference thing

I hope the rest are better cause I dont see either of these being the top1

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• singing aside

waiting for big groups to full the stage themselves :)

External Content www.youtube.com

• Viviz was boring it was not different from a music show performance, and for queendom i expect to see some crazy performance so it was really disappointing

Hyolyn did really really good

Viviz stage was beautiful and nostalgic but I wasn't blown away either. There was a lot of them just standing around and even during the dance parts it wasn't that impactful. Gfriends strength was synchronization and formations which obviously doesn't work with only three members. And the orchestra was a weird touch. I missed the preparations but it didn't look like they were playing live. They were essentially just a stage prop

Hyolyn DELIVERED. So happy with her performance

• Hyolyn sang live :whatb:

• I don't know why Viviz looks so awkward and stiff with their dancing and choreography. They look like those nugu groups that didn't get much practice and just debut. And their stage really boring, and the song seems bland with just three of them.

On the other hand, Hyolyn doing good and delivery interesting stage even as a soloist which is amazing.

• The lipsyncing? Where?

The parts where the backtrack took over she didn't even sing or put the mic near her just to purposely let people know it is a backtrack. Everytime the mic is at her mouth it's all vocals

Like the 'touch my body' 'everybody' parts she purposely didn't sing them and didn't put the mic near her because it is a backtrack but every part she sang she SANGGGG

• some parts on a largely loud backtrack

by live i mean really live with their voice being clear and independent of the backtrack

Her voice was clear and loud during large parts of the performance. All highnotes were obviously live for example and her mic was on throughout the whole performance

Viviz wasn't singing live at all so only mentioning it fo Hyolyn who partly sang live, partly left it to the backtrack is kinda weird

• Her voice was clear and loud during large parts of the performance. All highnotes were obviously live for example and her mic was on throughout the whole performance

Viviz wasn't singing live at all so only mentioning it fo Hyolyn who partly sang live, partly left it to the backtrack is kinda weird

ill be honest

in the broadcast, Viviz's vocals was a lot clearer than Hyolyn's

idk if the vids up on youtube are rerecorded rn

but yeah you're right

both were lipsyncing

i forgot to mention it

probably because i have much lower expectation from Viviz

thing is, i went into this expecting a serious competition, so the lipsync threw me off hard

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• So basically, she didn't lipsync. It's different from an 'actual lipsync'

in a serious competition ( which is what i was expecting ) any "prerecorded" stuff except stuff like notes that are impossible to hit without editing, is as much cheating as lipsync is

but yeah its clearly not meant to be a competition or skill show so I'm not blaming anyone

i just had different expectations esp from a great singer like Hyolyn

u r m o m g a y

• I was wondering why I could only find two stages...

I love that VIVIZ went with Rough. I think that portion of the performance was better than the first half which felt very lackluster.

Hyolyn did great. I love how how bright and colorful the stage was and that she used both the upper and lower portion. It made her performance feel bigger.

• If Hyolyn's backtrack was too much Kpop must be seriously hard for you to enjoy.

I'm hoping that they add a vocal round just like first season but if you're here for vocals I have to disappoint you. Queendom, RTK and Kingdom stages were all mostly lipsync with a couple of exceptions

It won't get better than Hyolyn

• in a serious competition ( which is what i was expecting ) any "prerecorded" stuff except stuff like notes that are impossible to hit without editing, is as much cheating as lipsync is

but yeah its clearly not meant to be a competition or skill show so I'm not blaming anyone

i just had different expectations esp from a great singer like Hyolyn

No I really don't get it.

She sang live, and purposely did not sing parts where she meant to allow the backtrack to take over.

By saying she lipsync, you are implying that she is mouthing the words and acting like she is singing, which she didn't do. She deliberately did not sing parts that was meant to be skipped. That is not lipsyncing.

• If Hyolyn's backtrack was too much Kpop must be seriously hard for you to enjoy.

I'm hoping that they add a vocal round just like first season but if you're here for vocals I have to disappoint you. Queendom, RTK and Kingdom stages were all mostly lipsync with a couple of exceptions

It won't get better than Hyolyn

i havent watched any of them so I didnt know that

the only reality shows ive watched are sixteen and pd101 season 1 and both of that had a lot of raw lives

u r m o m g a y

• No I really don't get it.

She sang live, and purposely did not sing parts where she meant to allow the backtrack to take over.

By saying she lipsync, you are implying that she is mouthing the words and acting like she is singing, which she didn't do. She deliberately did not sing parts that was meant to be skipped. That is not lipsyncing.

i apologize for using the wrong word

should have worded it more like "very backtrack dependent" as in singing over loud backtrack

but still its very different from singing live live

like dancing, you dont have a hologram doing the moves to cover up what you miss, you do the whole thing yourself except parts you cant do due to physical limitations

u r m o m g a y

• I'm not a hyolyn stan at all but her performance will probably be the best from this round

I liked viviz performance a lot too. Don't think the other performances will be that good even tho kep1er might suprise me in the 2nd round when they'll do covers

• The experts of the AKP forums have given their verdict and as always I know they will be wrong. Umji must have made a mistake on the pre-recorded track for the lip sync right?

The two performances were very good, VIVIZ's was the most emotional, fans and non-fans crying is something we will remember for a long time, regarding Hyolyn, her stage management is on another level, very good solo performance.

I think next week's performance I'm most looking forward to is Loona's, which I guess will be her last and was recorded on a different day.

• The experts of the AKP forums have given their verdict and as always I know they will be wrong. Umji must have made a mistake on the pre-recorded track for the lip sync right?

The two performances were very good, VIVIZ's was the most emotional, fans and non-fans crying is something we will remember for a long time, regarding Hyolyn, her stage management is on another level, very good solo performance.

I think next week's performance I'm most looking forward to is Loona's, which I guess will be her last and was recorded on a different day.

thanks for the compliment

sadly i dont think Loona will be performing this round

although im not sure it was discussed a lot among orbits when the covid news broke out

u r m o m g a y

• Hmm. Both were somewhat less than I expected.

Viviz was nostalgic but bittersweet. 3 is not 6.

Hyolyn was less than I remember, she didn't shine as much as she did when in Sistar, back then she had that extra energy, now it felt somehow more subdued. Maybe the lack of other Sistar members that made a difference?

I still think Hyolyn has the most chance to win, purely based on her Sistar history, her skills and her experience.

But we'll see.

:pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns::pepe_akorns:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• I don't know why Viviz looks so awkward and stiff with their dancing and choreography. They look like those nugu groups that didn't get much practice and just debut. And their stage really boring, and the song seems bland with just three of them.

On the other hand, Hyolyn doing good and delivery interesting stage even as a soloist which is amazing.

am I the only one that really liked their performance? it was beautiful! well, you have to understand it isn't easy to do a 6 members choreography and had to fill up the stage. Keep in mind that they are only 3 members.

• Hyolyn SNAPPED. Her charisma is amazing and I can't believe we're complaining about her not singing 100% live. She's doing what most of the 2ns gen did where they go in and out so they can breathe/focus on difficult choreo.

3rd gen onwards COMPLETELY lipsyncs everything. So I'm frustrated we're yelling at her when this was one of the most "live" performances I've seen in awhile.

Viviz was really pretty too. I just would have liked live vocals. Doesn't seem fair Hyolyn does it all by herself live and they lipsync.

• For viviz I expected more but the stage seem boring it was just a plain peformance in my opinion but their vocals were pretty good I also feel they could do more for the choreo. As for Hyolyn she did really amazing the stage was amazing bright and really leaves a good impression, her vocals were good as well I really enjoyed watching it .Hoping for the stages of the other groups to be shown wonder what they will bring.

• thanks for the compliment

sadly i dont think Loona will be performing this round

although im not sure it was discussed a lot among orbits when the covid news broke out

I heard that they would show a recorded version of their performance. So they won’t perform in front of a live audience. I’m not sure how the voting will work, most like they’ll get sixth place automatically, but at least they’ll get show what they prepared

• Think both were okay, not really special. The Viviz performance lacked that punch that you seek in these performances and I felt like they didn't really manage to take up the whole stage, understandably. But that's where Hyolyn shined, her stage felt full from the get-go even if that whole tropical party schtick isn't my favorite.

What's bothering me gravely is the lack of atmosphere. I mean come on, you have Hyolyn doing a holistic legs and lungs workout yet the crowd is just a bunch of lightstick waving props. I didn't watch the full episode so I don't know how it is in the actual airing or if they posted a different version on YT but what a bummer, it made both performances feel more awkward than it needed to be. MNet should have hired those people who scream and bellow, I don't remember the original being this dead.

• This thread contains 17 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!