NMIXX 'AD MARE' sold 24k copies on 28th of March. In comparison, the act with the #1 song on almost all K-charts sold 16 times less. How?

• Before people are coming for me, I wanted to post this Anon but it wouldn't let me even though I tried TWICE.

My post is cheeky and does not invite attacks on any of the groups mentioned. I just want to have a discussion about the interesting number of sales coming from JYPE's latest GG.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

goingawn.gif

Is JYPE doing something freaky freaky fishy fishy with the sales or is NMIXX about to release their "Cheer Up" and the general public is just buying their current album in anticipation? :eyes:

For comparison, here's how their latest TT is doing.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• simply they have more fans

as far as I'm aware of

albums are bought by fans of a group whereas charting is the general public

thus more albums means that group generally have more fans (or more fans willing to spend the money)

• the question is who's bulkbuying so much? It is still an album

Is because of another wave of lucky draw and fansigns. If you follow them closely, you will know that many stores including Soundwave, Makestar, ktown are still doing new fansign/luckydraw for AD MARE. And to guarantee drawing their faves, fans usually buy 7 or 14 copies depend on how many random photocards.

• A bit unrelated but wow i would’ve expected solar to sell more than that considering it’s been almost 2 weeks since her new release. Ig that means a lot of moonbyul stans hard-carried the sales of solar’s first release due to the moonsun ship, but since it turned out solar stans didn’t return the favour for moonbyul’s previous solo album in 2020, moonbyul stans decided to drop their support this time and so solar’s sales has halved compared to her solo debut as a result? 🤔

• This makes physical sales even less relevant in judging the popularity of a group if big KPOP companies like JYP start to adopt marketing strategies from the japanese idol industry.

• it have nothing to do with big fandom or not

it's because of the very cheap album

+ the fact that the same people have been bulk buying the album for the entire month in hope to finally win a spot in one of their fanmeet.

While usually fans bulk buy the album only during the 2 first week of release because artist do fanmeet only for the first 2 week of promotion.

But NMIXX have been extending their fanmeet for the entire month of March and they also have fanmeet schedule for the next months. So the same people keep buying the album in mass to get a spot during one of this fanmeet

with strategy like this it become even more hard to judge the popularity of an artist based on their album sales

Mass buying was already a bad things to judge a group popularity based on album sales

but now that companies are doing this type of tricks to boost even more their artist sales, it'll be even harder

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• You'd think it would be cheaper and easier to just but tickets for the freaking fanmeet :pepe-life-support:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!