[theqoo] WILL SMITHS APOLOGY FT. AMERICAN REACTIONS

• AVvXsEjQDz2TPQjH0ya0qrJJ1wPQQV9SamOneEFcd2J2Fsks7eyit_fDi372IIO_kRkj1TqX5B353AxM5Ul70kJlkNvK5QEwwjYo7VTl1YvluJCGCj1whe6Y2hODAH_APzRbj7hSTpqKfMtP6yVpNIXnLJgnOsFYDPzfw4fuLmJdX7zGD0hZa1ba2r3Lvt-n=s16000
    original post: here

1. He's cool. The fool who opened his mouth should apologize too

2. A group of people who believe in selective freedom of expressions... Assailant Chris Rock apologize

3. The bast*rd who got slapped needs to apologize and we'll be even

4. Chris Rock apologize

5. Will Smith was in the fault for what he did, but the one who joked about a disease and someone's appearance, Chris Rock, needs to apologize

6. Will Smith is cool

7. He acted like the bigger person... His level was different from Chris Rock's from the start

8. What a smooth apology. It makes me see him in a new light

9. The way he wrote his apology wasn't beating around the bush and he was f*cking clean with it. However why would a f*cking victim apologize? Still he wrote a good post. Chris Rock should get slapped again on his mouth if he makes another f*cked up joke

10. He's acting like the adult. I hope Chris Rock f*cker becomes ashamed of himself when he sees this. If he's even human

[theqoo] WHAT WERE AMERICANS' THOUGHTS REGARDING WILL SMITH'S ACTIONS?

Chris Rock's Jada Joke:
    Way too far - 38%
    Totally fair game - 62%

Will Smith slapping Chris:
    Assault and battery - 83%
    He deserved it - 17%

Will's speech about love:
    Heartfelt - 15%
    Ridiculous justification - 85%

If Kanye did the same thing:
    We'd treat him the same - 12%
    We'd be outraged - 88%

If Will slugged Chris instead:
    Still justified - 9%
    Even more outrageous - 91%

Slapping incident made the Oscars:
    Better - 30%
    Worse - 70%

around 120-130K people voted

source: https://www.tmz.com/2022/03/28…scars-jada-pinkett-polls/

original post: here

1. The second I saw the first one, I just scrolled down

2. Why is Kanye even thereㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. This country legalized paparazzi so what Chris did was probably considered aegyo to them

4. Looks like the gag culture background is different so the reactions are totally different

5. What is Kanye doing thereㅋㅋ

6. To the people who answered this, will they understand a joke made about their own family publicly like that?? I seriously can't understand their culture

7. Don't they ever dare say that our country is severe when it comes to lookism.... Their own country considers joking about someone's appearance a joke and let it slide...

8. They really thought that the joke was fair game?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'll skip on Americans in the future~

9. Meanwhile, if an Asian or a black person joked about a white person, they'll bring the guns out

10. I knew that their intellectual ability was on the downfall, but this was actually worse than I thoughtㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Okay, guess we can move on now right?

Chris Rock isn't pressing charges. Will apologized.

Don't know if Chris will accept it. That's for him to decide, but this is all everyone has been talking about today. Me included.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I would like to see if the korean reaction was the same had this happened between a famous korean actor and comedian

No this wouldn't happen here in Korea. Not because our entertainment industry is more " professional" it's because the ridiculous high standards in place would get whoever did the assault cancelled,jailed and sued all in night even if the attack could be morally justified.

As for this situation? I think it was rather dumb of him to do it and speak volumes about his own life and his relationship more than it does about chris. Let's look at the facts he was laughing at the joke and only changed tune because of her reaction. Second the joke in question did not seem bad he refences her to gi Jane. Who was a admirable strong woman warrior. If anything I'd consider that a compliment. Second it's kinda funny you would hit your close friend for this, over someone who is manipulative and has hurt you multiple times and cheats on you.

Yet that's the hill you chose to die on?

• I'm more curious about him laughing at the joke before his wife gave him the death stare is he going to apologise for that?

People keep on saying that Chris Rock did the joke because he wanted to make fun of Jada’s health conditions… but according to him he didn’t even know she was sick. So did probably everyone else in there who first laughed as well. He thought it was a fashion choice and it reminded him of G.I Jane

And yes Will thought it was funny at first too until he saw his wife’s facial expression.

He lost it because it was a build up. The past 2 years he and his wife have been the center of many jokes they, tbh, set themself up with.

• Well it wasn't right to slap him but someone who makes fun about someones health condition is somehow asking for it.

Chris prepares his speech. Several people help with something like that and everyone knew she was bald, but not why when it was in several media? Sounds like a bad excuse. I don't like violence, but I don't feel sorry for him either.

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• Well it wasn't right to slap him but someone who makes fun about someones health condition is somehow asking for it.

Chris prepares his speech. Several people help with something like that and everyone knew she was bald, but not why when it was in several media? Sounds like a bad excuse. I don't like violence, but I don't feel sorry for him either.

Comedians actually improvise a lot in such situations. That’s part of their job and they are expected to be witty with that. They will look at someone in the crowd and immediately think about a joke. Several comedians did it that night too. They didn’t hold any speech, they were there to either moderate or to present a category and in between interact with the crowd and pull some jokes.

The hypocrisy… Will has made jokes about bald people through out his career. Starting with Uncle Phil, which was even one of the running gags in Fresh Prince, who also lost his hair through this medical condition. Even in other of his projects he made bald jokes when someone had a bald head.

What he did was embarrassing and people try to justify it. If making a joke is enough for people to go over and slap someone it’s crazy. Not to mention that he would have been on the shorter end if Chris decided to sue him.

• Now Jada (the woman) is manipulating Will (the man)? Ok... Uhum... Ok... :pepefacepalm: and now all jokes are ok!!! Great!!

The funny thing is: if a comedian did a "unfunny" joke about kpop their career would be over :clown:

You haven’t seen their Red Table Talk from 2 years ago ?

Also you think a woman isn’t capable of doing so ? Why cause men are mentally stronger than women to not be manipulated by them it only works the other way round?

People actually thought the joke was funny, everyone including Will himself laughed. It wasn’t funny anymore after he went over to slap him. Than it got serious.

Depends on the Kpop joke and who is targeted. Also just because you (not you, but in general) don’t think a joke was funny, doesn’t mean it was unfunny in a general sense. You have the right to not find something funny, you got the right to even feel offended. But that doesn’t mean it’s the same with for others.

• What i don't understand is how "manipulation" is being used as an argument here over THE MAN "MISTAKE".

The joke was unnecessary imo, idc about you guys giving free pass to comedians, some of them are s :thumbup:

• What i don't understand is how "manipulation" is being used as an argument here over THE MAN "MISTAKE".

The joke was unnecessary imo, idc about you guys giving free pass to comedians, some of them are s :thumbup:

The manipulation wasn’t in reference to this situation here. He was clearly in the wrong here, completely his responsibility lol. Nobody is blaming Jada for this, she can defend herself and like I mentioned earlier in this Thread I don’t like this whole “ man getting violent to protect his women honor “ thing. It’s pathetic.

• The manipulation wasn’t in reference to this situation here. He was clearly in the wrong here, completely his responsibility lol. Nobody is blaming Jada for this, she can defend herself and like I mentioned earlier in this Thread I don’t like this whole “ man getting violent to protect his women honor “ thing. It’s pathetic.

But talking about manipulation here is the same as trying to link it to the situation. It doesn't need to be talked right now or on a thread where she is just a victim :thumbup:

• But talking about manipulation here is the same as trying to link it to the situation. It doesn't need to be talked right now or on a thread where she is just a victim :thumbup:

Well technically, she is not the victim here as this Thread is about Will slapping Chris and apologizing for it. The reason why this was brought up was because Will has been extremely emotional after that Red Table Talk and the two years of constant mockery especially on him and his wife, but mostly him. This whole situation is linked to him now loosing his cool about a joke he himself has made several times towards others with a bald head. I mean there is a reason why many people believe this guy needs therapy.

If this Thread was about discussing if the joke towards Jada was appropriate or not, I would say fair enough. I don’t think it should be brought up there.

• Comedians actually improvise a lot in such situations. That’s part of their job and they are expected to be witty with that. They will look at someone in the crowd and immediately think about a joke. Several comedians did it that night too. They didn’t hold any speech, they were there to either moderate or to present a category and in between interact with the crowd and pull some jokes.

The hypocrisy… Will has made jokes about bald people through out his career. Starting with Uncle Phil, which was even one of the running gags in Fresh Prince, who also lost his hair through this medical condition. Even in other of his projects he made bald jokes when someone had a bald head.

What he did was embarrassing and people try to justify it. If making a joke is enough for people to go over and slap someone it’s crazy. Not to mention that he would have been on the shorter end if Chris decided to sue him.

I'm not defending Will Smith and I think his past jokes are wrong too. I'm judging the comedian's joke, which I find disrespectful. Chris Rock made a joke about a woman with a bald head. Since this is atypical (a woman with a bald head), people should always assume that it may be something serious. Even if not. And he has made jokes about her in the past.

I find it rather fake when people defend it by saying that Will Smith has done this in the past as well. Does that mean it was okay for Chris Rock to make that joke? No, because in the same breath you criticize Will Smith for it. Limits should exist even for a comedian. The same goes for Will Smith.

I don't care about Will Smith at all. It could have been anyone else. I don't even know how you can defend something like that. Even if the joke was improvised, which I don't think it was, I don't think it's okay. But what I don't find okay either was the slap in the face. It was wrong and could have been handled differently, especially by a person in public life.

I'm just saying that you don't have to be surprised when you get slapped when you make fun about someone's health.

I would love to see how you would react if someone you loved was humiliated on TV.

My conclusion: Chris can go ahead and sue him. He should. Violence is not a solution and wrong and I wrote that too. There was nothing hypocritical about my comment at all. The slap was not okay, but the joke too. Will Smith went too far and so did Chris Rock. Both showed themselves in a bad light this evening. Nevertheless, my pity for Chris Rock is limited. I despise this kind of jokes. And I despise being violent. So if Will Smith gets sued I say he deserves it too.

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• I'm not defending Will Smith and I think his past jokes are wrong too. I'm judging the comedian's joke, which I find disrespectful. Chris Rock made a joke about a woman with a bald head. Since this is atypical (a woman with a bald head), people should always assume that it may be something serious. Even if not. And he has made jokes about her in the past.

It’s actually almost always due to a genetical health condition why someone is bald. For both men and women. That condition is more prominent by men and that’s why we see more bald men than bald women. So actually most of the time it has serious reason why someone is bald.

I find it rather fake when people defend it by saying that Will Smith has done this in the past as well. Does that mean it was okay for Chris Rock to make that joke? No, because in the same breath you criticize Will Smith for it. Limits should exist even for a comedian. The same goes for Will Smith.

I wasn’t criticizing him for the joke cause for me it depends on the joke, I thought it was hypocrite from his side to be mad about something he has done himself several times only because it was now directed towards someone he loves.

But than again Chris Rock has made fun of Jada years ago on the Oscar’s before after she called out to boycott it. He joked that you can’t boycott something you weren’t invited too.. so I guess there was more of a personal issue that pushed this than anything else. Because he said he should keep his wife’s name out his mouth, even though another comedian that same night also did a joke involving Jada and their relationship.

• It’s actually almost always due to a genetical health condition why someone is bald. For both men and women. That condition is more prominent by men and that’s why we see more bald men than bald women. So actually most of the time it has serious reason why someone is bald.

I wasn’t criticizing him for the joke cause for me it depends on the joke, I thought it was hypocrite from his side to be mad about something he has done himself several times only because it was now directed towards someone he loves.

But than again Chris Rock has made fun of Jada years ago on the Oscar’s before after she called out to boycott it. He joked that you can’t boycott something you weren’t invited too.. so I guess there was more of a personal issue that pushed this than anything else. Because he said he should keep his wife’s name out his mouth, even though another comedian that same night also did a joke involving Jada and their relationship.

Hmm, I think we both agree that violence isn't the answer and that the joke was somehow unnecessary.

• And yes Will thought it was funny at first too until he saw his wife’s facial expression.

He lost it because it was a build up. The past 2 years he and his wife have been the center of many jokes they, tbh, set themself up with.

It's amazing how people keep ignoring this

Idk but if you watch the Red table with them , it seems like there is a lot of manipulation from her side

I don't think he was manipulated in this particular incident because there was barely time for that but it just makes you wonder about what kind of relationship they have if he goes from laughing to punching in 5 seconds after seeing how pissed she is

We could say it is not our business but it was them who talked their dirty laundry in public in the first place so ofc even now people are assuming stuff

• It's amazing how people keep ignoring this

I don’t think they really care tho. It’s a hot topic and many want to leave their two cents.

On Twitter some people already managed to make it about themself. Now there is a fraction that sees in Will someone who commits domestic abuse towards Jada or his kids and it reminds them of their troubled childhood where their Dads were abusive.

• I don’t think they really care tho. It’s a hot topic and many want to leave their two cents.

On Twitter some people already managed to make it about themself. Now there is a fraction that sees in Will someone who commits domestic abuse towards Jada or his kids and it reminds them of their troubled childhood were their Dads were abusive.

Whaaaat

why am I still surprised sighs

Because she is known to manipulate him, notice during the event he himself laughed at this joke. He fully heard and understood what was said. He only changed his stance once she showed disapproval for the joke. Keep in mind this joke wasn't even considered disrespectful. She is known to shave her hair because of her illness. Now wether Chris knew or didn't know about it is up for debate. But my point still stands her being referenced as gi jane is not disrespectful. She was being compared to a strong beautiful woman actress Demi more, and in the context of the movie this is a strong woman warrior she willing cut her hair to join her brothers in war to defend her country something that today is has more meaning when looking at the current situation in Ukraine where many women have joined the men and took up arms to defend their home and family. So for her to be offended by this seems silly, and a low point for Will to act on it

• But my point still stands her being referenced as gi jane is not disrespectful. She was being compared to a strong beautiful woman actress Demi more, and in the context of the movie this is a strong woman warrior she willing cut her hair to join her brothers in war to defend her country

I took it as a jokingly compliment. When I first heard he made a joke about Jada’s bald head I thought it was something insulting.. like for example comparing her to Voldemort or something…. But G.I Jane ?

This ?

pasted-from-clipboard.jpeg

• I took it as a jokingly compliment. When I first heard he made a joke about Jada’s bald head I thought it was something insulting.. like for example comparing her to Voldemort or something…. But G.I Jane ?

This ?

Yup that's her and I don't see how any woman or man being compared to someone you'd identify as courageous and strong as insulting. Ironically movie and tv shows like her helped women gain equality in the military especially for women who wanted to be army rangers and navy seals amomg other combat units they earned that right not to long ago in a historic achievement as some of the first women to graduate ranger school etc and earn the rank to be amonst forces like seal team 6. It also shed light on issues women service members had be it female specific issues or one's regarding inequality or discrimination

• Because she is known to manipulate him, notice during the event he himself laughed at this joke. He fully heard and understood what was said. He only changed his stance once she showed disapproval for the joke. Keep in mind this joke wasn't even considered disrespectful. She is known to shave her hair because of her illness. Now wether Chris knew or didn't know about it is up for debate. But my point still stands her being referenced as gi jane is not disrespectful. She was being compared to a strong beautiful woman actress Demi more, and in the context of the movie this is a strong woman warrior she willing cut her hair to join her brothers in war to defend her country something that today is has more meaning when looking at the current situation in Ukraine where many women have joined the men and took up arms to defend their home and family. So for her to be offended by this seems silly, and a low point for Will to act on it

You don't decide what is silly or offensive to another person. If you get hurt by a "silly" joke i won't judge you bc of it, idk where it hurts to you neither what you experienced in your life to find such a "silly" joke hurtful. Just stop this manipulation conversation, focus on the men or you can't?

I can't at people really trying to involve women even in situations like this. Focus on who made the joke and who throw a slap.

• I took it as a jokingly compliment. When I first heard he made a joke about Jada’s bald head I thought it was something insulting.. like for example comparing her to Voldemort or something…. But G.I Jane ?

This ?

What you took isn't the gospel true. The joke wasn't to you neither. You just need to think "why did this woman felt so offended over this joke?" just try to put yourself on her shoes and MAYBE you'll understand. If not, don't just talk about what she should feel. Interpretations are bound to be different, but feelings are different AND individuals, you won't feel her pain, neither i think you are trying tbh.

• What you took isn't the gospel true. The joke wasn't to you neither. You just need to think "why did this woman felt so offended over this joke?" just try to put yourself on her shoes and MAYBE you'll understand. If not, don't just talk about what she should feel. Interpretations are bound to be different, but feelings are different AND individuals, you won't feel her pain, neither i think you are trying tbh.

then she shouldn't have said she doesn't care what people think

Jada Pinkett Smith Declared ‘I Don’t Give Two Craps What People Feel About This Bald Head of Mine’ Before Oscars

Jada Pinkett Smith Declared ‘I Don’t Give Two Craps What People Feel About This Bald Head of Mine’ Before Oscars
    Jada Pinkett Smith doesn’t care what anyone has to say about her head. In a video posted to her TikTok account a few days before the Oscars, Pinkett Smith…
    deadline.com

• You don't decide what is silly or offensive to another person. If you get hurt by a "silly" joke i won't judge you bc of it, idk where it hurts to you neither what you experienced in your life to find such a "silly" joke hurtful. Just stop this manipulation conversation, focus on the men or you can't?

I can't at people really trying to involve women even in situations like this. Focus on who made the joke and who throw a slap.

The conversation about her and manipulation cannot be left out. You are trying to push a narrative i am not. That can't be ignored knowing the totality of the circumstances prior to the slap. You can go back and watch the video second by second. He willingly and happily laughed at this joke. But decided to take it seriously a few moments later only because she disapproved of it. And knowing how he had acted or reacted in the past throughout their toxic but very public relationship shows. So the incident is not entirely on him.

• The conversation about her and manipulation cannot be left out. You are trying to push a narrative i am not. That can't be ignored knowing the totality of the circumstances prior to the slap. You can go back and watch the video second by second. He willingly and happily laughed at this joke. But decided to take it seriously a few moments later only because she disapproved of it. And knowing how he had acted or reacted in the past throughout their toxic but very public relationship shows. So the incident is not entirely on him.

Yes, let's blame her bc she didn't laugh at a joke totally unnecessary and uncalled :thumbup: let's blame her for everything. This whole situation happened bc she didn't like the f-ing joke :clown:

My biggest f you all to the ones who are yet again doing what our society does the best!! Over analyzing to try to see where they can insert the woman as the wrong!!! <X

And about their relationship: "your take over a relationship you don't live neither knows absolutely nothing (just what you see on internet "woooow") means nothing to the said relationship!" Your opinion is just your opinion. You seeing a video and trying to automatically call it "toxic" won't change my opinion, just that you view it that way.

• What you took isn't the gospel true. The joke wasn't to you neither. You just need to think "why did this woman felt so offended over this joke?" just try to put yourself on her shoes and MAYBE you'll understand. If not, don't just talk about what she should feel. Interpretations are bound to be different, but feelings are different AND individuals, you won't feel her pain, neither i think you are trying tbh.

I can totally understand why she didn’t like it. Like I said earlier, she has the right to feel about something the way she wants. I’m not even talking about her, I was referring to those who think the joke was super disrespectful and tasteless…even though it actually wasn’t, being compared to G.I Jane is not tasteless. Jada wasn’t the one who went up to assault someone for a joke, she just rolled her eyes and that was it.

• This thread contains 178 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!