Streaming is so weird.

• I've always wondered about this, some fans will stream their groups song over and over again which makes the views go up a lot, but the views do not reflect the actual amount of fans a group has, look at black pink, they are very popular and got 1 billion views on D4 but they only got 200k or a bit more on the show. Streaming is really only taken seriously in kpop and fans must really have nothing going on in their life to stream a MV over and over again, without streaming MVs will only get 20 million or highest 60 million. This is why I think award shows that count MV views are not right because the views are just fans replaying the MV over and over again. I mean I'm in the the comments of any bts or blackpink MV and the comments will say: "dont post ang emojis cuz it freezes views" "keep streaming until 500 million views" like really guys kpop is just a genre of music it is not a cult of streaming. Idk it just annoys me because once newer kpop fans came in from the popularity of kpop in 2017 the fandom has just gotten so toxic like every fandom from every group only care about views and voting for awards all day. It's like people dont even care about the actual music just the visuals and views. But I guess those fans were always around not just in 2017. It is 2021 can we leave streaming back in 2020? You guys are the reason comment sections are so boring and uninteresting.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• Honestly this is pretty weird, yes.

I get the streaming for the 24h hours things, as some kind of fandom flex, but that's not... how you're supposed to enjoy music in general.

Things like 'stream while you're asleep', 'you don't even need to listen to it, just plug in your earphones and put on a playlist' got me :|

This is a very prevalent part of kpop culture though, but I never really understood it.

• you actually read the comments section of those mvs?

How do you actually find one that's worth reading ?lol

As a counter point everything in kpop is competitive so the greater the competition will result in fans doing whatever the can to support their Favs...

Obviously the bigger the Fandom the bigger the streams but a comparison to The Show paid viewership is somewhat misleading on a pure numbers alone basis you have to compare to other kpop acts to put the numbers into perspective

• in reality, fandom streaming cant really do much unless they are well coordinated. You quoted BP. But i would like to highlight that HYLT both the MV and dance video got very high views. It showed that there are genuine public interest because fanbase will focus on MV than dance practice. But in fact, dance practice outview MV every single day.

I agree that streaming has inflated the numbers,but stream numbers represent both 1) fanbase size and loyalty 2) public general interest

You dont really think BP get 1bil views on 3 MVs because only fandoms are streaming right? This is silly. Comparing viewing a MV on youtube vs paying for concert vs buying albums are not even comparable.

In fact, The show was streamed illegally on so many sites. There are few links with more than 1mil viewers. Those are the fans that unable to afford paying for the concert. Doesnt mean theyre not fans. You have to understand everyone has their own monetary concern, especially amid pandemic where people lose job/get pay cut

• i think it's fine if you watch a mv a couple times just because you like the song, but if you stream so much to the point that it's obsessive, then a line has been crossed.

i've noticed how western artists tend to get less views than kpop artists when it comes to the big numbers. it's because their fanbases are less passionate than armys, exo-l's, onces, and blinks. there is a reason why if you look at the top 50 most viewed music videos on youtube, a lot of it is either kpop or bollywood.

• I don't really stream, I listen to entire albums or playlists of my faves

If anyone were to want to Zombie stream, stream the correct Zombie

• i think it's fine if you watch a mv a couple times just because you like the song, but if you stream so much to the point that it's obsessive, then a line has been crossed.

i've noticed how western artists tend to get less views than kpop artists when it comes to the big numbers. it's because their fanbases are less passionate than armys, exo-l's, onces, and blinks. there is a reason why if you look at the top 50 most viewed music videos on youtube, a lot of it is either kpop or bollywood.

It is because western dont really watch youtube MVs anymore + those MVs no much rewatching value. Billboard also discount heavily unpaid views on youtube so no point to mass stream

• Streaming is a bit excessive in kpop, but it's not really that big too.

Streaming doesnt cost extra money while buying concert tickets does.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!