Kinda late but here my ranking for Queendom Opening Show

• 1. Wjsn

Perfect, no other words to describe their opening show. Their vid was the first one I saw and kinda regretting it because my expectations going higher.

2. Kep1er

Overall, I like their performance and it was very exciting too. But still there's some part of their choreography quite messy .

3. Loona

Tbh, it was quite boring especially at the beginning but it keep getting better throughout the whole performance. It's better if they can showcase their vocals too.

4. Viviz

Their solo dance looks really awkward and there was time when they're not synchronized. Hopefully they can step up their game.

5. Brave Girls/Hyolyn

Boring performance. That's the only thing I can say. It was very upsetting because I most excited to watch their opening show.

• Bananapple

Changed the title of the thread from “Kinda late by here my ranking for Queendom Opening Show” to “Kinda late but here my ranking for Queendom Opening Show”.
  • I agree with WJSN. Gave me goosebumps.

I was honestly surprised by VIVIZ. It was very gay Icon-esque, were the vibes it gave me.

I think I pretty much agree with your ranking. Hyolyn is a queen, but it's hard to beat groups with like 50 members in a dance showcasing performance.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I agree with WJSN. Gave me goosebumps.

I was honestly surprised by VIVIZ. It was very gay Icon-esque, were the vibes it gave me.

I think I pretty much agree with your ranking. Hyolyn is a queen, but it's hard to beat groups with like 50 members in a dance showcasing performance.

Bom's opening show before was not interesting too, so I guess as soloist they have hard time to fully utilize the stage thus why their performance look empty and bland. But Brave girls actually disappointed me the most.

• no one showed their vocals though?

it was all prerecorded

as for being boring, i understand it was quite "simple" compared to the rest but in terms of pure skill they went all out tbh

and yeah they had only 2 days to prepare the whole thing since they were in quarantine when everyone else started

i think they did a brilliant job with what they had

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• It still their voice and vocals even it was prerecorded which make people interested to watch them more especially for those who never heard them before. I'm sorry to hear that but you need to understand that audiences only look what they're presented not what behind it. Still a good job for them as they're not the last place in my rank even with shorter time practice.

• It still their voice and vocals even it was prerecorded which make people interesting to watch them more especially for those who never heard them before. I'm sorry for hear that but you need to understand that audiences only look what they're presented not what behind it. Still a good job for them as they're not the last place even with shorter time.

i know

i was not criticizing your opinion if it sounded like that

i know a lot of people liked wjsn's more but it was a bit disappointing to me since i know they can dance and sing very well but this only focused on visuals

that's why i liked loona's the most

besides being a fan of course, i liked how bare minimum the visual setup was and how amazing the perf was

but yeah they had like a 10th of the time everyone else did so i dont think they could have recorded anything even if they wanted to

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• My ranking:

1. Kep1er - Didn't expect them to do as well as they did but the members really went for it. Out of all the intros I think this was the one which made each individual members stand out the most. It wasn't super innovative but it felt like a proper intro and fit the Queendom theme while still staying true to the group's own color. It lost a little speed during the second part but was able to pick it back up with the dance break. MVP: Hikaru

2. Loona - Loona are my favorite performs on the show and while they didn't blow me away with their intro they didn't disappoint me either. They were charismatic as always and I think they did a great job combining the two sides of their concept. It was both powerful and elegant. The dance formations were gorgeous and the choreography itself felt very "Loona" (with that boy group feel they're known for). Just as Kep1er's stage it lost a little energy during the second half and sadly I think they did a poorer job picking it back up. MVP: Kim Lip

3. WJSN - BEAUTIFUL! They went all in with this. For some reason I expected them to half-ass the show (no idea why) but oh was I wrong. It's in 3rd because I felt the execution was a little clumsy at certain parts. The floor choreography at the beginning didn't look as polished as I wanted it to, the choreography in general lacked some power and they outfit change wasn't as smooth as it could have been. While it was a dreamy stage it did make me realize that basically the whole of WJSN's original dance-line is missing (Cheng Xiao, Meiqi, Bona, Xuanyi). MVP: Seola

4. VIVZ - A really fun stage! The opening with those hand movements was so memorable and overall it was fun performance and choreography. I liked that they added some color to the stage and outfits compared to the other groups. I'm just not sure it was a great idea to go for a dance style that two of the member clearly weren't very experienced in. An intro is supposed to show who the group is and what they do best and I'm not sure they succeeded with that. But the stage still made me very excited to see what they'll do going forward into the competition! MVP: Sinb

5. Hyolyn - QUEEN! Those vocals. And her slaying the choreography like it's nothing wearing HEELS. Hyolyn is hands down the best performer there. There just wasn't anything surprising or new in her intro. She sang a little. Danced a choreography we've already seen. I just felt that there was less effort put into her stage compared to the other contestants'. MVP: HYOLYN!

6. Brave Girls - Now I confess that I'm not very familiar with BG but I don't really understand how this stage was supposed to show who they are as a group. Based on what I've seen before their strength is their vocals, not dance. And not sure what the MJ theme has to do with them as a group. I thought their concept was more fun and sexy? Plus there's already so many MJ inspired stages out there. If you're gonna do one it needs to be good and I'm not sure this one was. The stage was fine but nothing special. MVP: Minyoung

• Anyone knows if there were any live vocals during the 1st queendom?

Mamamoo sang live throughout the whole competition and Bom sang live during the majority of her stages as well (I think she sang live during all of them except the intro). Soyeon did her raps live and I think AOA Jimin did the same once or twice.

And there was the vocals mission which ofc was live.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!