Reasons people drift away from KPOP?

• I literally JUST came across this and had to share and get you guys’ thoughts

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeNES1r7/

I found it a bit scary how people are saying they were dependent on it for happiness in the comment, does it explain the obsession and over indulgence?

Especially on Twitter, so many accounts tweeting 24/7, living and breathing their favs... it’s scary and sad.

they spend hours streaming, constantly tweeting about voting etc needing to work together to boost their favs or whatever

Why are you into kpop? Do you live breath sleep kpop or just a casual fan?? Do you think you’ll drift? Have you drifted?? ?? What ur stories!

• I'm use to be really into kpop but later 2nd gen retired I became more of a casual fan. Also i realized how amazing Brazilian funk is .

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i'm a lonely person in my 20s, being in love with a kpop idol because he makes me happy and takes my mind off real world where nobody loves me and every guy leaves me after a month. Yes he doesn't know i exist and no i don't fucking care. At least i got the balls to tell the truth and not pretend to be married with a handsome guy who takes time off work to take me on a date. I eat by myself while watching ateez videos and it gives me fucking happiness even if it's one-sided and unhealthy. Just marry me hongjoong

FGAeoPEaAAYnrRq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096

Edited once, last by silver25 ().

• I definitely think one appeal of kpop is how emotionally fulfilling it can be.

But just like everything, this is about moderation. Don't drown in kpop, just as you shouldn't drown in animes, or in video games (we know some online games are incredibly addictives for the exact same reason).

Anyway. As far as coping mechanism go, kpop ain't the worse out there. We are in the middle of a global pandemic and aren't allowed to hug people anymore, I feel like we deserve to find some confort wherever we can find it, lol.

Do I think I'll drift... mmmh, maybe after BP and BTS disband, yeah.

• Maybe their preferences changed, maybe their fav group disbanded, they found a new non kpop music style, there are alot of reasons for a drift, and maybe it could just be temporary (as another user mentioned).

But in my case, I don't think I'll ever drift away from kpop, because thinking about, it has been the genre that I listened/sticked to for the longest time, and with all those extras contents popping up (youtube, dramas, etc) I will (hopefully) love it forever <3

• I’ve been a fan for 10 years and I’ve outgrown it a bit. I’m in my 50’s now and don’t still want to be following it when I’m 60. The music today isn’t as good as the 2nd gen imo and I’ve moved on to healthier pursuits. I still listen to the old stuff but not as passionate about it.

• I am a fan for almost 11 years (I don't count) and like... I left for a while and came back but I was never that depended on kpop HOWEVER I have tons of things to say / vent about other media, to be fair I do get attached a LOT to some stuff (not the extent of kpop fans on twitter... if i were to be i would request help on myself)

as much as I try to understand them, because as i said I do have attachment problems, they are far too extreme and I have no much understanding of their ways or motives or why they act this way about real people...

• Official Post

A reason why ppl drift away from kpop is because of the fandom pressure. Nowadays theres just so much to keep up with even if you stan 1 group. I used to be able to pay attention to multiple groups at a time but now I am mostly a casual fan to most and focus on 1 or 2 groups. I've been into kpop for almost 10 years and it feels like I'm in my drifting phase as of now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!