run a kpop company (game) i’ll tell you if i would stan

• imagine running a kpop company and you have a budget to manage your new artist (you can imagine soloist, bg, gg, whatever)

pick which things you would give to them over one year. everything costs $$ so don’t overspend but also remember this is the ONLY promo they get, so don’t let them flop!

i’ll tell you if i would stan them from that promotion!

—-

your budget: $40,000

MUSIC:

single (with higher budget mv)// $7,500

single (with lower budget mv)// $3,500

run a mv as a youtube ad// $1,000

song (b-side)// $500

STAGES:

virtual performance (bc covid)// $1,000

live stage (is it worth it anymore?)// $2,500

OTHER PROMO:

photo shoot (cf, magazine, etc.)// $1,000

broadcast promo (interviews, etc.)// $500

a reality or produce show// $10,000

go on a korean variety show// $1,000

their own season variety/reality show// $5,000

my choices for one year:

• 7500 for a gigh budget mv lol

if i recall bp mvs cost about 200k plus

your expectations of 7500 for a high budget mv seems a bit low...

even jyp said to debut a gg costs at least 500k snd each comeback costs like 200k minimum

• if you think any of this is supposed to be accurate..... :nob:

it’s just a game lol

• I'd need to get $2m initial funding (and probably borrow more over the year) for a debut and 1 comeback (I guess this is good for one year promo). Assuming I can ignore the cost of training/housing/feeding/promoting the trainees before the debut period. I need to hype them first!

Around $1m will be eaten by the comeback. I guess 500K spread out to cover the year costs of maintaining the company and promotion going and 500K for the next comeback.

Hire a darn good director, marketing, lawyer, and accountant. I guess I could save money hiring an aspiring producer with decent connections.

Hire cheap ass college students as road managers.

Do the usual social media ads, "bribing" network and media producers, and not skimp on make up, stage, and clothing. Maybe train the future idols at music producing to reduce reliance to freelancers, but not sure if this is cost effective. However, it could be a selling point to this fictional group.

And last the most important: hiring a shaman to perform a ritual to bring luck! I'm assuming I don't have big 3 clout or even mid sized company connections. I'm starting from scratch! I will need all the supernatural luck I can get.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!