does lesserafim have a chance at rivaling ive?

• ? 38

1. Yes (25) 66%
    2. No (4) 11%
    3. Maybe (9) 24%

i think it will be very interesting to see how lesserafim fare in comparison to ive. obviously ive has a bit more of an advantage on the korean side because wonyoung is extremely popular in korea, probably moreso now than she was even during izone. but the other members were able to hold their own in terms of visual marketability as well. lesserafim's biggest strength right now are that sakura is more popular in sk than knetizens bashing her for being "right wing" would lead you to believe, chaewon and sakura were two of the most popular izone members in jpn and the jpn fandom has already shown to do wonders for hybe groups, though all the members haven't been revealed, heo yunjin at least can definitely carry hype as a secondary member to chaewon and sakura.

i personally think lesserafim's digitals might lag a bit behind ive's but they will probably sell similarly if not better physically. very interested to see.

who's your favorite artist?

• I’m cautiously optimistic in order not to jinx them but I really believe they’ll be able to smash. The fanbase will almost certainly be guaranteed to amass huge numbers, and with the hype going for them i think they’ll do well on charts too. The rest depends on the quality of the song/mv, but with a company as big as hybe i doubt they’ll lowball on the budget, so really it’ll all come down to people’s taste and preference whether the song can surpass eleven or not

• Think depends on the song honestly

No doubt that IVE had an initial impulse by Wonyoung's (and also Yujin) popularity, but I believe Eleven really did click with the public so the song continued to chart even after promotion ended

If Lesserafim has a song that the public likes then I can't see why not. I believe they will have good sales and views (the fanbases of Sakura + Chaewon and even, to much lesser extent though, Yunjin will certainly be joining in)

• Think depends on the song honestly

No doubt that IVE had an initial impulse by Wonyoung's (and also Yujin) popularity, but I believe Eleven really did click with the public so the song continued to chart even after promotion ended

If Lesserafim has a song that the public likes then I can't see why not. I believe they will have good sales and views (the fanbases of Sakura + Chaewon and even, to much lesser extent though, Yunjin will certainly be joining in)

but honestly speaking, if eleven had come from a different gg, the song would not have done as well as it did. it became trendy and i think its very underestimated how much the sk charts are influenced by trendiness which is often why international fans are left baffled by the songs sk gp propels and the songs they drop like a hot potato. popular artists get hit after hit in sk while, especially now, it is hard for groups or artists with 0 backing to break through.

this is why i think how the members are perceived is way more important than the song in the current kpop climate. i mean look at wa da da and o.o. both songs are just objectively bad at the end of the day. but they we still able to chart for other reasons, ie the popularity of members/viral dance trends.

i have faith that with hybe involved, lesserafim will come with a quality song. but there are more factor than just the quality that could make it blow up.

who's your favorite artist?

• but honestly speaking, if eleven had come from a different gg, the song would not have done as well as it did. it became trendy and i think its very underestimated how much the sk charts are influenced by trendiness which is often why international fans are left baffled by the songs sk gp propels and the songs they drop like a hot potato. popular artists get hit after hit in sk while, especially now, it is hard for groups or artists with 0 backing to break through.

this is why i think how the members are perceived is way more important than the song in the current kpop climate. i mean look at wa da da and o.o. both songs are just objectively bad at the end of the day. but they we still able to chart for other reasons, ie the popularity of members/viral dance trends.

i have faith that with hybe involved, lesserafim will come with a quality song. but there are more factor than just the quality that could make it blow up.

this, the artist sell the song not reverse, especially for idols, you'll need a viral hit like Rollin to be carried by the song alone, obvious song matters in long run too, if they like the song, it will have great longevity but it started doing good because of the group, they wouldn't bother to check it if it was another group

• Maybe I'm just biased because Heo Yunjin has been my pick since PD48 but I trust in her vocals to carry any song and so I believe their digitals will be fine. HYBE just had to pick a good concept and song.

As for physicals I think it's about even. I'm honestly not expecting anything more than the average 200-300k for debut.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!