• Hey Buddy,

I just have to write this, now that Source Music is debuting a girl group. As much as I'm angry and Source Music, I am looking forward to this new girl group. Only few can parallel Sakura's stage present, Chaewon has a beautiful voice colour, and I've been wishing the best for Heo Yun Jin ever since her Into The New World performance. So it's safe to say that I really like the girls. However, I will go into it with a bittersweet feeling because of GFRIEND.

I did not like the fact that GFRIEND disbanded so sudden. Disbandments can happen, and GFRIEND would have gone on a hiatus or disbandment further down the line like any other group anyway. But this was done just like that! On twitter (which is a horrible place tbh) I see army's or Hybe stans telling Buddy's to "get over" GFRIEND'S disbandment. Someone actually tweeted that Buddy's should got to "councel sessions". But put yourself in our shoes, GFRIEND was for Source music what BTS was for BigHit for years, and suddenly they let them go. It's like your boyfriend suddenly texting you that he wants to break up and that he does not love, and you're like "dafuq, we cuddled two days ago". We did not have closure, and I expected at least a last album or a GFRIEND special performance on music bank or something (as in the case for sistar). But we got an announcement of not even 300 words. How is that respectful towards the fans of the group that made you big ?

But I am looking forward with what they'll be doing with this new girl group, and I'm happy that the gfriend's members went on the paths that they want to walk on !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!