Why Are Chinese Idols Leaving Kpop? - Creating Asia's Hollywood

• time-stamps:

1:43 History of Chinese idols in Kpop
    2:44 Asia’s Hollywood
    3:21 Why are Chinese idols leaving Korea?
    6:35 What do people in China think about Kpop?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why would idols stay in a country that xenophobic to them when you can stay in your home country not worry about that/language and be mildly successful after you got opportunities/help from said korea

• Let's not act like some of them don't leave purely for a bigger check and strategically debut in Korea to further their future careers in China, sell out to the CCP and call it a day.

• Yuqi will one day leave her problematic group and be super rich in China after she posts the 9 dash line on instagram :peperich:

i don't think she wants to... idk why but a lot of people in china really dislike yuqi and she always talks about how she can't wait to go back to the members in korea during reality shows in china. poor bby doesn't deserve the hate she gets. also i think she'll be more successful with g idle because of how well her voice fits in with the songs and their chemistry is always so good too.

• i don't think she wants to... idk why but a lot of people in china really dislike yuqi and she always talks about how she can't wait to go back to the members in korea during reality shows in china. poor bby doesn't deserve the hate she gets. also i think she'll be more successful with g idle because of how well her voice fits in with the songs and their chemistry is always so good too.

first ive heard that tbh, thought yuqi was insanely popular in china

..:* :**:. (G)I-DLE WEKI MEKI WEEKLY NU'EST ITZY DREAMCATCHER STAYC .:**:.*.:.

• first ive heard that tbh, thought yuqi was insanely popular in china

idk i thought so too, but a lot of people hate on her too ive seen a lot of chinese netizens hate on her for no reason :(

• idk i thought so too, but a lot of people hate on her too ive seen a lot of chinese netizens hate on her for no reason :(

chinese netizens hate is just the same as knetz hate except there are more of them they don't reflect the GP and if they did Yuqi certainly wouldn't have gotten her gig on Keep Running (and was scheduled to return for season 2 but for covid)

• Let's not act like some of them don't leave purely for a bigger check and strategically debut in Korea to further their future careers in China, sell out to the CCP and call it a day.

and is there anything wrong with that going to where they can get more money?

its not like every country dont have shit governments ???

• and is there anything wrong with that going to where they can get more money?

its not like every country dont have shit governments ???

It's not wrong, but there are probably better ways of doing it so you don't burn your bridges to Korea (i.e. break contracts). It probably is a good bet that China is the better long term choice but there's still an outside chance that k-pop agencies learn to market to the rest of the world. I'm not saying everyone becomes a BTS but it could dramatically increase the size of the k-pop market. The same is now happening with dramas where a lot of US players like Netflix purchasing a lot of Korean shows.

The money is bigger in China but the gigs might be harder to come by unless you've proven yourself in Korea. As others have noted before, there isn't that much infrastructure (i.e. shows) for idols to promote regularly and stay relevant.

I think the video states that the top 1% idols in China make 8X those in Korea...but not everyone can be in that 1%. We don't really know the distribution.

• Honestly I don't understand why koreans try to take chinese citizen to work in Korea as Kpop idols. That's dumb idea.

China is the new largest market in the world; the income in china will be much bigger than even american income (especially for celebrities).

People go to the US market because it's the biggest, now people will want to go to China because it's the biggest. So any chinese citizen or chinese ethnic will try to put their feet on the chinese market if they can.

If they wanted a market share , they should just create a company in china, make a CPop group based in china, managed by a chinese staff..... or if it's too complicated, they should teach koreans to learn mandarin and sing in mandarin for chinese fans if they can attract chinese fans.

China is an important market, chinese are extremly nationalist. They should analyze carefully what they are doing to their foreign members more than that. If they aren't able to satisfy those foreign idols; they will leave.

• Celebrities will always try to expand their fan base no matter what. Chinese idols in KPop will do the same because they know groups don't last long and they will need to establish a career somewhere afterward. So the best choice is in their country because it's already hard for Chinese idols to succeed in groups. Going solo in Korea will be even harder.

• i don't think she wants to... idk why but a lot of people in china really dislike yuqi and she always talks about how she can't wait to go back to the members in korea during reality shows in china. poor bby doesn't deserve the hate she gets. also i think she'll be more successful with g idle because of how well her voice fits in with the songs and their chemistry is always so good too.

I mean other than their culture appropriation and ignorance....

“Welcome to good burger, home of the good burger, can I take your order?”

• I mean other than their culture appropriation and ignorance....

ok yeah other than that and now soojin's accusation ok maybe their a little problematic NOW but i mean i stan them cuz of their music soo

• Meanwhile Japan: I noticed that in the past 2 or 3 years a lot more Chinese people debuted in Japanese groups and there is even a Chinese guy on Produce 101 Japan season 2 at the moment (with the aditude of someone who seems that he yeeted China)

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Meanwhile Japan: I noticed that in the past 2 or 3 years a lot more Chinese people debuted in Japanese groups and there is even a Chinese guy on Produce 101 Japan season 2 at the moment (with the aditude of someone who seems that he yeeted China)

I think it's like with Kpop before the ban, chinese debuting in Kpop but the group will try to market themselves for chinese market. So now they are doing it with Jpop since they are banned from doing or promoting in china as Kpop.

• Korea is unbearable for foreigners. They are reminded daily by Korean people, law and society, explicitly or implicitly, "you will never be part of this country"

its no surprise those Chinese all flee back to their region

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!