[enter-talk] DON'T YOU GUY FIND IDLE'S SOYEON IMPRESSIVE?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

[enter-talk] DON'T YOU GUY FIND IDLE'S SOYEON IMPRESSIVE?

She came on Produce's survival show, Unprety Rapstar, Queendom and she was even the maknae on Queendom to boot. She has huge buzz factor to her and she hit daebak on all of them. Lion and Put It Straight were huge hits

She's the main producer and write on Idle's songs and she's in charge of everything even the ideas themselves

When her team's member got into a school violence controversy, she came out as a solo by herself with Beam Beam and won #1 on music shows

After that, she became an MC on My Teenage Girl (although it's a shame she got herself in a plagiarism controversy at the end)

She went through the worst situations and came back on top of Melon Charts at #2 with Tomboy

Honestly, it's hard, especially for girl groups to comeback strong after 1 year of vacuum due to school violence, and there must've been so many people who left the fandom
    Yet they won #1

You'd expect Soyeon to keep all the killing parts and important parts of the songs to herself, being the composer and writer
    But if you watch closely, you'd realize that some members have more parts than her and she gives all the important parts to others

The parts that become a "sensation" part is all parts that other members have. The other members never complain about parts distribution and she gives the parts fairly

Jun Soyeon is amazing

AVvXsEjU9q1C4egw80_o0RVHtCKFsQumgRWdApwXMkFP3nvFij-ouEaaC9jPwT94-W2KUnXdervcMt4HkI4HurjTkSWK5Yc-Q9VMF2j1CZT2cUo0NA4P76adHNCAHpcvira08sG9NY52h6OmmGTPhZNdFBJV4DKxFTb3cftKDFdzGJ7tmjVlbvMnX9HogiRC=s16000

AVvXsEiduNqAfbHBL81CPCsAa_iAw1tTBO6_Qq8Rd7sJ6QFNq1KGDqsIOM7HC3lbt3LcG_XzA0ERMaoQzutyWiE2LyWdOit0-Lvsx4RgDP8edCssdEUmPYocAgkgLaa9bT8oVKp1oidtXLCtjMI91S4n3W--TJ6_n9G5EHzRArJRI9JjbBn57VypnG9NpRJQ=s16000

post response:
    [+313][-92]

original post: here
    1. [+114, -13]
    There's no female idol out there who is as talented as her

2. [+102, -8]
    Honestly, you'd expect her to become the all-rounder talented one of her girl group ever since she came on Produce, but she's overstepping that standard beyond expectations after seeing her debut... That's why she's cool

3. [+88, -66]
    Yet she plagiarizes..

4. [+68, -6]
    She has a lot of star factor, she's super ambitious and works hard, there's nothing she can't do

5. [+49, -55]
    Yeah plagiarizer~

6. [+26,-22]
    But then why did the have to plagiarize last time... I thought she was quite talented

7. [+21, -1]
    Seriously she was always good, but she's improving herself every time and it's fascinating. I saw a comment saying "if you have idols like Jun Soyeon, you will never fail" I can relate to this. Her talents are top tier

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• i don't like her.

she is indeed impressive but i could never get over my first impression of her when i watched Queendom. I hated the way she seemed to FORCE her ideas on the other members, like the only right way was her way, i remember she has physically made one of the members raise her hand just so her song choice would win majority votes. i don't care if it were done as a joke, it was still counted as a real vote and she had the final say so it rubbed me off the wrong way. add to that the fact i don't think idle's concept fits any of the girls except for her, i can't help but think that she's indeed forcing her ideas on the rest of the group.

• i don't like her.

she is indeed impressive but i could never get over my first impression of her when i watched Queendom. I hated the way she seemed to FORCE her ideas on the other members, like the only right way was her way, i remember she has physically made one of the members raise her hand just so her song choice would win majority votes. i don't care if it were done as a joke, it was still counted as a real vote and she had the final say so it rubbed me off the wrong way. add to that the fact i don't think idle's concept fits any of the girls except for her, i can't help but think that she's indeed forcing her ideas on the rest of the group.

The members have said many times they trust and believe in her. They've experienced incredible success for a non-big 4 company under her leadership.

• i don't like her.

Most groups wish they'd have a "tyrant leader" like Soyeon.

MINNIE (in a group interview with Australian media SBS PopAsia):

"Because we have Soyeon, I think now we are I-DLE today."

MIYEON (insta post for Soyeon's birthday):

Our baby leader Soyeon, who I love and am thankful for...

Even though we are so different, thank you so much for bringing us together.

(G)I-DLE will always be by your side.

• External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Without Soyeon, you might have gotten another failed Cube group similar to CLC.

Edited 2 times, last by hokiedood ().

• i don't like her.

I don't know about Queendom, but Soyeon only has as much power as Cube gives her.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• she is indeed very good all-rounder

my only complain would be that if Koreans always nag and scold foreigners about pronounciation

then they also could do it properly when they sing in English

yet instead of Blonde Barbie Doll

Soyeon sings bond babi dou... eh

External Content www.youtube.com

• my only complain would be that if Koreans always nag and scold foreigners about pronounciation

then they also could do it properly when they sing in English

:pepewhat:

English is a foreign language to Koreans. They won't apply the same standard to it than they do with Korean. Watch reactions on Youtube from Koreans, they're impervious to the "pronunciation issue" ifans are currently obsessing over. To them it sounds cool and achieves its purpose.

• she really is, and its nice seeing her hard work acknowledged

• People always try to insinuate that she is overbearing and may supress the other members when numerous times off of their own backs the members say how much they adore and appreciate what she does for them, they trust her ideas and they know she crafts parts especially specific to their aura and cadence to make them all shine, much better than any random old man writer/producer could.

7hytR1B.jpg EhjJqBr.jpg

[DREAMCATCHER * PIXY * (G)I-DLE * EVERGLOW * BILLLIE]

• People always try to insinuate that she is overbearing and may supress the other members when numerous times off of their own backs the members say how much they adore and appreciate what she does for them, they trust her ideas and they know she crafts parts especially specific to their aura and cadence to make them all shine, much better than any random old man writer/producer could.

It's because they hate her. In their eyes, she's a non-visual daring to fulfill the kind of role in a group that usually is reserved for the most popular (= the prettiest) member. That's why they'd rather have Shuhua whispering the entire song off-key and Soyeon kicked off the group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!