Why doesn’t Stayc have more hardcore fans than casual fans?

• They have a hit Asap the same time as Aespa has a hit Next Level, but while most Aespa songs after debut high on the charts, Stayc’s songs take time to climb up. Stayc has had 4 albums but their latest only sell 172,000 on Hanteo while NMixx already did 321,000 for their debut and with no hits. This shows Stayc has a lot of casual listeners, but their casual listeners aren’t converted into hardcore fans that stream the music and buy the albums. Why is this so and how can they make more hardcore fans?

• You could say the same about Gidle and Oh My Girl for that matter.

I think what Idle, StayC and Oh My Girl have in common is strong name recognition among Koreans. They dont have powerful international fandoms that help to bulk buy albums and stream on Spotify or Youtube (although i think StayC in particular is getting there with all their covers of popular English songs). Instead, they seem to appeal specifically to Koreans first and foremost.

Not only do their charting numbers suggest this, but also just reading the YT comments underneath their YT videos. You see a ton of comments in Hangul with these groups. While if you look under a Twice or BP video, it's all in English or some other rando language.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Why do you guys always conveniently forget that STAYC are from a smaller company & naturally won't have the same resources & benefits as a big3 group

Wut? Kakao is bigger than Hybe, JYP, SM and YGE combined in terms of total revenue, in fact Kakao has virtually twice the revenue of all four companies combined. They're like the UMG of the Kpop world with several labels under them like EDAM, Starshit, and IST. StayC will never want for anything with Kakao backing them.

• They have a hit Asap the same time as Aespa has a hit Next Level, but while most Aespa songs after debut high on the charts, Stayc’s songs take time to climb up. Stayc has had 4 albums but their latest only sell 172,000 on Hanteo while NMixx already did 321,000 for their debut and with no hits. This shows Stayc has a lot of casual listeners, but their casual listeners aren’t converted into hardcore fans that stream the music and buy the albums. Why is this so and how can they make more hardcore fans?

Part of it is not being from the Big3, but I'd say Ive has a stronger fandom than STAYC. It's just because, especially internationally, STAYC has few hardcore fans. It's enough for translators, but not enough to win voting/actually have twitter discourses. I'd say their K-fandom is decently strong.

They also are promoting with a GROUP image, which means a lot. Think of it this way, Ive initially had a huge amount of hype from Wonyoung and Yujin right? Although thankfully for the group, popularity is actually pretty evenly distributed, people were looking to see "oh I think this group will have the sound I like". Same with even Loona, who have realized Chuu/Heejin promotions are the way, NMIXX organically had Sullyoon, Jinni become more synonymous, and to a smaller extent Lily overseas.

While STAYC has members like Isa, and Yoon who are more popular, and trendy, they promote very equally as a group. They do everything together, focus on group bond/inter-shipping (so a big female fanbase).

Think of Apink. They were similar (actually probably less equal than STAYC, Youkyoung, Namjoo often got shafted whereas the company is better with STAYC) in terms of group image until Apink blew up.

When you have more individual member promotion, it also comes with stronger fandom/fanbar promotions.

Also overall as a group, STAYC were created cohesively. Basically unlike other groups, where the "role" of each member is evident, STAYC blend in with different styles. For example, the gap between their best dancer and worst dancer isn't huge, but each member has their own style. Sumin stands out, Isa has her own style, Seeun is quite underrated but very strong, Sieun has good stage presence, Yoon has power, and J has her own flair. Vocal-wise that topic has been beaten down already but you get the idea.

• Yeah I used to think this but a user told me that they didnt have their start at Kakao

Didnt they acquire them or something

Yeah, initially, StayC was with a tiny startup label created by BEP. But they were acquired by Kakao last year i think. Aint no way the StayC girls are being crammed 3 or 4 to a room in some flea infested dump. They're gonna be given every tool they need to succeed under Kakao.

• Wut? Kakao is bigger than Hybe, JYP, SM and YGE combined in terms of total revenue, in fact Kakao has virtually twice the revenue of all four companies combined. They're like the UMG of the Kpop world with several labels under them like EDAM, Starshit, and IST. StayC will never want for anything with Kakao backing them.

Okay by your logic Billlie is getting top tier budget since they're under an SM subsidiary that's not how it works

• Anyway there's alot of bs in the OP I'll say that

Savage debuted high because it was highly anticipated as the first comeback after national hit Next Level, their success is largely GP (for the most part) & their domestic fanbase is really nothing to write home about which makes sense as they debuted like yesterday & have very little content

DCT debuted "low" at first only after the award show performances did it start climbing

I wouldn't say any 4th Gen GG has a notable domestic fanbase aside from IZ*ONE & maybe GIDLE.

Won't even speak on the NMIXX comparison

For a group from a non-big3 company they're doing well. They could've ended up like Momoland or sumn but they're growing slow & steady, & building their fanbase overtime.

• actually StayC is growing a lot on spotify. ASAP went viral and it was so stable at 200k+ streams/day and now it has 50m+ streams. Stereotype is also a quiet big Hit on Spotify, it peaked at 600k+ streams (maybe almost 700k+) but was so stable at that rate. So is RUN2U, it peaked at 800k+ streams.

Despite just like what we see they don't really have huge international fan base, they grew a lot in international metric.

And actually it's simple, StayC didn't come from Big 3. That's why they don't have huge fandom like aespa, itzy or nmixx. But they're building their fandom and rising steadily. They could be the dark horse tho.

• Coming from kakao is not the same as big3/hybe. Delusional to claim otherwise. No group has hype because they are a kakao group. They don't have the same hype machine or legacy.

★¸.•☆•.¸★ 𝐉𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐎 ★⡀.•☆•.★

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv 38f275b68632fbb8a30ab7a0fce5512059a80556.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv61eb8841d60cd80c1298efc34ab05d6279af9b9a.gifv2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv4d43f06e62bc91bae199a1e0752740ea19fda0f9.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• Wut? Kakao is bigger than Hybe, JYP, SM and YGE combined in terms of total revenue, in fact Kakao has virtually twice the revenue of all four companies combined. They're like the UMG of the Kpop world with several labels under them like EDAM, Starshit, and IST. StayC will never want for anything with Kakao backing them.

Companies like Kakako and Cj E&M aren't part of big 4 nor do they produce their own idols all these companies do is aquire other entertainment companies they neither produce nor do they provide any sort of budget to these companies Stayc is still founded by BEP their budget comes only from them

• Their company is not known for having privilege and company stans. Hence, they don’t already have the edge of starting listeners fron company stan pool.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!