At this point I'm pretty worried that YG may be repeating 2NE1's post-2014 history with Blackpink rn 😓

• let's start with talking about what happened to 2NE1 after their 2nd full album release in 2014 shall we :groovins:

so yeah, 2NE1's 2014 pretty much started well with the release of their 2nd full album called Crush with a Japanese version of that album to boot :flying: but after all that Park Bom was caught taking amphetamines she was prescribed for her mental situation when she was in the US in Korea and that's considered illegal there :smirks:

Screenshot 2022-03-13 114910.jpg

and in 2015 YG gave CL another Korean solo single with Hello Bitches and got her to debut in the US the next year with the song "Lifted" :cheersc: but the way they did her dirty by causing the scrapping of her US debut album (which was for allegedly unknown reasons but I won't get into that now) never fails to piss me off :ragec: then in early 2016 Minzy got out of the group to start a solo career with Music Works and just when it seemed like 2NE1 was going to make a new CB as a trio they disbanded later that year :wilds: and some time after that they announced a goodbye present to Blackjacks that got released in early 2017 but YG being YG they never did that before their disbandment and that pisses me off :mads:

Screenshot 2022-03-12 212656.jpgScreenshot 2022-03-12 212635.jpg

see what I meant here :crys: now let's move onto Blackpink's situation :danceb:

after releasing LSG in 2020 BP stopped making full group comebacks in Korea and instead mostly went their own ways in 2021 with Rose's and Lisa's solo debuts but at least there was another Japanese album from the entire group to boot :mukbang: and now in 2022 it's been more than a full year since BP's last Korean comeback and Blinks are getting angrier at YG day by day to the point that they're boycotting any official BP merch YG pushes out and even urging each other to send letters to YG's CEO over the whole-group drought in Korea :mads:

Screenshot 2022-03-13 115507.jpg

and then there's me who fears what happened to 2NE1 after their 2014 promotions (Park Bom's drug scandal, Minzy leaving before the group disbanded without any CBs in their disbandment year beforehand) could repeat with Blackpink bc I fear Lisa could leave her group in 2023 (when BP's contracts are set to expire) like Minzy did before her group's disbandment (not to be Lisa's akgae just comparing BP's current situation to 2NE1's post-2014 :wilds:)

any thoughts :whatb:

nothing here for now hehe (/▽\)

• 2ne1 had a huge scandal(which was not really their fault), plus CL wanted to focus on US and minzy left and also they weren't the main moneymakers so all the misogynistic officials voted to disband them.

Bp are the main moneymakers, they haven't had a huge scandal (hopefully i don't jinx it) and all the members individually are huge, profitability wise, yg needs them more than other way around. if bp disbands its because the members themselves might not want to renew.

• none of the things that happen to 2ne1 has happen to bp aside from the lack of music

rosé and lisa solos help them gain more footing (that already had lbr) in korean and internatioanlly, the members been talking about the cmb (specially jisoo and jennie) several times

also bp situation is different from 2014(?) bc at that time yg had bb, psy, epik high and just debuted winner that smach from the get go, they have none of that in 2022 BUT blackpink

also the people u just quote are an army (lol) and akgao (lmao) like u just have to check their account in google and scroll a bit to see, the second one with 4 followers :pepestare: edit: the first one has 0 followers :peperun:

• please, 2ne1 was doomed the moment the Bom scandal came out. Outside of that, their sales and popularity weren't enough for yg to keep them around, BB were moneymakers and SNSD had the top popularity among ggs, unlike BP, they are the one keeping the company together and are probably the number 1 gg worlwide

• The circumstances are completely different. I don't see any similarity. I'll never get people who say the same thing will happen to bp. Like someone said above only if bp don't renew they'll disband.

°⨳°·..·°⨳°⊹٭ 𝓙𝓞𝓨 ٭⊹°⨳°·..·°⨳°

e59e7135c19a6341cc1e93725017b2ba7130662a.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv 87421ed4a49499627715cb8666cc133529df9593.gifv 6c1d54386949e369c7a401c21503a4af7b66a053.gifv b2fee2c558a21bd6472498e040b6dad3a40db33e.gifv

• BLACKPINK doesn't have a "Bom" member that could tarnish their reputation.

BLACKPINK doesn't have a "CL" member that keeps recycling the "I am the baddest asian female" concept and obsessed in entering the US market.

2NE1 doesn't have a "Jennie" member aka an It girl.

2NE1 doesn't have a "Lisa" member aka the most popular female idol worldwide.

So yeah YG will not repeat the history.

• should i repeat it? BP members have huge followers in all platforms. we are talking about over 60 million followers each. not to mention youtube subs which is almost 80 million. They are the most subscribed artist in the world. Do you think YG is dumb?

• I've ALWAYS had 2NE1's ignoble end in mind when thinking about BP.

Everyone is saying in this thread that the two situations are completely different. And they're right. To anyone with a brain using logic and reasoning, there is nothing remotely similar.

But it's clear as day though that YG just dont give a fuck about logic and reasoning.

We can stick our heads in the sand and try to deny it, but YG has made it crystal clear that they just dont give a fuck about BP's career, or their potential. The period between 2016-2018, when BP did nothing but release ONE SONG in two years, should have jammed this into all our heads. The fact that BP has only had 21 songs released in 5.5 years only serves to reinforce this notion. Technically it's 23 but KAMU and Sour Candy are features not BP originals.

YG just dont give a flying fuck about Blackpink's musical career. If they feel it's in their best interests to keep BP dungeoned musically, that's what they're gonna do, to hell with what Blinks think, to hell with selling millions of albums or breaking records.

• YGE seem to have a resource problem, in that they for some reason are unable to give their groups activities and comebacks at the pace that other top groups get from their companies. Maybe it's because of over-reliance on just a few composers/producers that are spread too thin, or maybe other reasons.

But aside from the long hiatuses between comebacks, the situation of BP isn't the same as 2NE1's: 2NE1 lost a member, in fact their best dancer and best vocalist which in a group of 4 hits hard, and in that same year the group was disbanded by YGE.

BP haven't lost any members nor is their contract due to expire anytime soon.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!