Why do akp users get personally offended over any opinions?

• Threads go like this;

Op: opinion

Reply: you say this bc your fav gijhkgkicjhgii

Op: no your favs gohgufjgffjgfhfiig

Some other people: no your favs fjgjiggkukgjgjgfuh

Not everyone's opinion is dependent on what their favs do and dont lmfao

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• idk man many people here seem to subscribe to the ideology of "positive opinion or no opinion"

maybe a lot of anxiety and insecurity and fear of judgment going on ( dont wanna point finger to specific people )

u r m o m g a y

1e1282e4806e9f6f1080ccc53055ea21c0a98974.gifv6cc52730ebd88d19753cac6a9c1436f129e99705.gifv

• I'm a damaged individual

at least you are not honest about it

and u don't get offended?

if the OP is a general opinion blanket about the entire state of things and not calling out anyone what's there to be offended about?

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• i personally lose my cool over very specific things and i'm well aware of what those are

Unless someone is shooting straight for SHINee, I cant give a fuck

tbh even if they do the truth is SHINee is above and beyond anything people who are younger than their careers. Its hard to give fucks about opinions of people I dont exactly respect :-P

• But some people really do make threads and insert underlying self brag tho :pepe-cowboy:

I mean I barely make threads that deviates from SHINee are kings of the universe and people have no problem with it.

They seem more pissed at general opinions rather than just outright brags

• at least you are not honest about it

if the OP is a general opinion blanket about the entire state of things and not calling out anyone what's there to be offended about?

y'know the usual thing that akp does

where they say its a generalized statement but the statement covers like 2-3 groups at most

for eg. for shinee

it would probably be something like

2nd gen sm boy groups were very mediocre or something like that and 3rd gen are better

(i dont actually believe this, just saying how opinions on akp are)

• Your example is still specific while opinions Im thinking of are more general eg: "I think digital success is more important than physical sales"

and people take that run with

as for your example

out of the 3 bgs that SM put out in 2nd gen I only like one, I kinda cannot care about the other two at all. SO statistically I would have a hard time fighting that OP ;(

• I mean I barely make threads that deviates from SHINee are kings of the universe and people have no problem with it.

They seem more pissed at general opinions rather than just outright brags

Hmm I think it depends if it’s a opinion or something disguised as an opinion but in reality it’s just someone trying to make a mess 8o Appreciation threads hardly ever end up in fights :/

• Because people are insecure and when they meet an opinion different than theirs, they start to point fingers, twist your words and start saying nonsense. Here people are either too sensitive or too insensitive and there's no in between. Don't wonder why people run off to anons, it's toxic in there but at least y'all can't go "BUT YOUR FAVES... " since nobody knows each other's fave in there

• People think they're groups are super special so if you don't have a positive opinion then you hate them and must be dealt with by having your faves insulted.

• Because the last statement is false, everyone's opinion here is dependant on what their faves do and don't. And those pretending it's not simply lack self-awareness (or are hypocritical).

is it always though?

There are things I can appreciate that I know SHINee will never do

for example I think public announcement of charity work is a good thing bc it inspires your fans and others do the same. Taemin is absolutely agaisnt this idea and even had a huge fight with SM when they did a tweet on his charity work and they ended up taking it down.

• They feel like you are attacking something they like, which in turn feels like an attack on their own judgement since they like said thing. The immature response is to sling mud back. Soothes the bruised ego.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• One thing i've noticed about Kpop fans is that they get so worked up about bringing their faves into another conversation. Is this a Kpop fan thing or just a younger generation thing?

Like it's human nature to draw parallels, to compare and contrast, to mention previous examples, that's what we human beings do with our giant brains.

I remember Kepler stans were arguing about fatshaming by members within the group, whether it's a problem or whether the members were just joking around the way friends do. Someone happened to mention an Enhypen member being teased by other members. Then all of a sudden you had a legion of Enhypen fans barging into the argument that wasnt even about them demanding that the Kepler fans keep Enhypen "out of their mouths", just because someone had mentioned the Enhypen controversy in passing. I was like CHILL the argument is literally between Kepler fans, they dont even care about your faves.

• is it always though?

There are things I can appreciate that I know SHINee will never do

for example I think public announcement of charity work is a good thing bc it inspires your fans and others do the same. Taemin is absolutely agaisnt this idea and even had a huge fight with SM when they did a tweet on his charity work and they ended up taking it down.

But even if that's an opinion that goes against the one of your faves, thinking that way doesn't negates anything for them if you see what I mean? For instance when you gave the example of digital sales more important than album sales, I was thinking it would honestly surprised me if someone whose faves' biggest strengh is album sales would make such a thread.

• But even if that's an opinion that goes against the one of your faves, thinking that way doesn't negates anything for them if you see what I mean? For instance when you gave the example of digital sales more important than album sales, I was thinking it would honestly surprised me if someone whose faves' biggest strengh is album sales would make such a thread.

ok but should it offend me if SHINee's physical sales are better than their digital? I dont think so

Just bc someone thinks digital are more important its not a direct attack on any group that sells better in physical department

• ok but should it offend me if SHINee's physical sales are better than their digital? I dont think so

Just bc someone thinks digital are more important its not a direct attack on any group that sells better in physical department

Of course not everyone will react the same way. What I wanted to highlight is that imo those who make hot takes and pretend them having this opinion has no link with who they stan are generally not sincere.

• Of course not everyone will react the same way. What I wanted to highlight is that imo those who make hot takes and pretend them having this opinion has no link with who they stan are generally not sincere.

I think people go beyond taking their opinions serious specially knowing well its not sincere

I come back to my point that I dont personally respect people here alot to take opinions that serious. Its just one more voice echoing.

• I think some people just jump to assuming everything is shady and mean-spirited, even when it's not. Or hell, maybe the OP does mean for it to be an underhanded thing, but that doesn't mean the words they chose support that.

Like there's a difference between, "FT Island is the worst band in the history of kpop" (a direct attack on my faves) and "Why don't more entertainment companies try bands?" (a conversation starter)

Then like half the board is just people going "oooh, so shady" or "name names!!" instead of engaging with the conversation starter.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• I'm confused :huuh: None of this makes any grammatical sense, does someone have an easier to read version?

sarcastic comedy

• I’m gonna hate YG and TBL than y’all can ever make me hate y’all faceless brats.

Also, some of y’all need to be more offended more often. Bunch o pussies.

I hate any label my favs are from

Those bitches never do their artists justice

fack them

• Kpop as an industry, by it's nature, seems to attract individuals who makes personal investments in idols and groups as part of their identity. This lends itself to many individuals taking many things personally as they see negative criticism as an attack on that identity.

Also, and this is my anecdotal "boomer" coming out. I also think many youth today are less able to engage in discussions with perspectives that conflict with their own without reacting very negatively or dismissing them outright with ad hominem attacks. There's much less of a culture of tolerating true difference of opinion, as it's often relegated emotionally by many individuals to "untenable" categorization, i.e. "toxic".

It's often used in a way to deflect from engaging with ideas and perspectives. Or reflecting realistically that one's world view or perspective is merely one of many possible or existing views.

• Akorns (?)

but I dont even get akorns for people commenting on my threads wtf

do you guys akorns for your threads??????

• The more people engage in your thread, more people you have to quote :rv5:

lol

that takes work

I liked it old system better when people gave me 100k likes in one day and made me rich

I made 0 efforts

• This thread contains 46 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!