NMIXX Is Really Out Here Singing Live

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

At least it sounds live to me. AND With that intense choreo? As rookies!? I don't care that much about groups singing live on music shows. But I am impressed.. :pepestare:
    ITZY impressed me a lot with their charisma and dance performance when Dalla Dalla came out. I was enraptured. I didn't really get that from O.O's choreography even though it is still fun to watch. However, they are really impressing me with how stable their vocals are.

Wonder how long they are going to keep it up?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Did u watch their weekly idol guesting? Her blending there was sick :cursing:

I did! Watching that and her perform her Tank part convinced me that she is the real deal.

JYPE has acquired a real gem in her. I wish they didn't suck so badly when it comes to promoting soloists though. :pepe-cringe:

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• I am sorry. This is not live.

See below video for best example.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Sound pretty live to me.

• Sound pretty live to me.

To you? It is pretty evidence that Nmixx is not live when you play that ses video. Even without the ses video as a comparison, i can tell right away it is not live.

Did you watch the video i post? What did you notice? You see how raw and imperfect the vocals compare to Nmixx even with minimal moment?

• it's a good performance (and the song is even growing on me tbh), but I don't think it's live either....at least not entirely. There might be a few moments when you can hear them over the backtrack, but I think it's mostly backtrack. Still a great performance tho.

• To you? It is pretty evidence that Nmixx is not live when you play that ses video. Even without the ses video as a comparison, i can tell right away it is not live.

Did you watch the video i post? What did you notice? You see how raw and imperfect the vocals compare to Nmixx even with minimal moment?

Idk what an ses video is. They are using a backing track, but anyone with ears can hear they are singing over it.

Whether you consider that live or not, that's on you.

• it's a good performance (and the song is even growing on me tbh), but I don't think it's live either....at least not entirely. There might be a few moments when you can hear them over the backtrack, but I think it's mostly backtrack. Still a great performance tho.

I think it's the opposite. I'd say they sang over the backing track for 90% of the video. But, I don't want this to devolve into a "what's live or isn't live?" argument.

• Idk what an ses video is. They are using a backing track, but anyone with ears can hear they are singing over it.

Whether you consider that live or not, that's on you.

Read the poster above u. I can barely hear their voices over the backtrack. Compare to ITZY, i can hear them mostly over the backtrack.

• Read the poster above u. I can barely hear their voices over the backtrack. Compare to ITZY, i can hear them mostly over the backtrack.

I can hear them though? I am also wearing headphones, so I can hear clearly when their voices divide. There was only one part where I thought that one of them may have stopped singing.

• Yesterdays performance at m countdown I could really tell they were live as some of the members were a bit too fast for the backtrack. But wow was I impressed with their vocals. It’s kind of sad though that Kpop stans are so use to their faves lipsyncing they think everyone is lipsyncing too when that’s not the case.

Welp. Is this direct at me? I rarely post but once i post something i make sure that its true.

I would argue it's the opposite, kpop stans used to kpop companies feed them the image of perfect singing while dancing have lead to what it is today. We can't distinguish what is live and not. Sad, really.

• Yesterdays performance at m countdown I could really tell they were live as some of the members were a bit too fast for the backtrack. But wow was I impressed with their vocals. It’s kind of sad though that Kpop stans are so use to their faves lipsyncing they think everyone is lipsyncing too when that’s not the case.

Yeah, that's how I knew they were actually singing on this video too. At the part where Bae is going "Bba ba bba ba ba", I can hear someone clearly over vocalizing. Something was off with their mic because they got really loud.

Also at the end, someone was singing the ad libs too loudly.

No, don't do that. All idols will lipsync sometimes and sing live sometimes. I've heard it with my faves and pretty much everyone else's faves too. It's not a dig and it has no reflection on how good a group is.

I just happen to think this one performance is not live. You can disagree without turning this into a fandom or user issue.

• I think it's the opposite. I'd say they sang over the backing track for 90% of the video. But, I don't want this to devolve into a "what's live or isn't live?" argument.

Sorry, but i mean, you kinda have to expect that when you make a thread based on the premise that something is live. People will discuss whether it's live if it's not completely obvious. But i won't interject anymore. Fwiw, i do think it's a good performance regardless.

Comparing 2022 performance from 90's performance?

No one said they sang live the entire time, the thing is you could somehow hear them in some parts not just singing

but singing in a stable manner :cursing:

:cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
    ✴✴✴✴✴ KIM JISOO'S HUSBANDO ✴✴✴✴✴
    b7de288879b59732b5115a93d7f259edd464dd39.jpg2320df8ccb8a4af42b9e108fb34e3d8109964aae.jpg2a8fc619d348ef8f6380880604eb8bb8e97b8105.jpg

• Sorry, but i mean, you kinda have to expect that when you make a thread based on the premise that something is live. People will discuss whether it's live if it's not completely obvious. But i won't interject anymore. Fwiw, i do think it's a good performance regardless.

Yes, I expect people to question it. I meant, I didn't want to go back and forth and try to "prove" it's live or not. Like, I expected people to say they did not think it was live, but I didn't want to do the whole, "I know it's live because blah blah blah..." and then someone responding "I don't think it's live because blah blah blah". Then next thing you know someone makes a response thread like "This Is What Live Vocals Sound Like" or "People Really Think Their Fave Sings Live". Those types of threads that you see pop up whenever someone makes a thread like this.

I'd rather just agree to disagree without anyone feeling like they need to defend their viewpoint.

• Yes, I expect people to question it. I meant, I didn't want to go back and forth and try to "prove" it's live or not. Like, I expected people to say they did not think it was live, but I didn't want to do the whole, "I know it's live because blah blah blah..." and then someone responding "I don't think it's live because blah blah blah". Then next thing you know someone makes a response thread like "This Is What Live Vocals Sound Like" or "People Really Think Their Fave Sings Live". Those types of threads that you see pop up whenever someone makes a thread like this.

I'd rather just agree to disagree without anyone feeling like they need to defend their viewpoint.

I get it and I won't do it here out of respect.

Personally, I love those kinds of threads tho. I don't assign any value judgment to idols singing live or not, so what the answer is doesn't really matter to me. I just love trying to figure it out and like others pointing out things they notice that I may have missed. Some people even get into technical stuff and i learn something. It's like a puzzle and it makes me rewatch a performance more closely. I find it all super interesting.

• I get it and I won't do it here out of respect.

Personally, I love those kinds of threads tho. I don't assign any value judgment to idols singing live or not, so what the answer is doesn't really matter to me. I just love trying to figure it out and like others pointing out things they notice that I may have missed. Some people even get into technical stuff and i learn something. It's like a puzzle and it makes me rewatch a performance more closely. I find it all super interesting.

Yeah, I kind of find the "Are They Singing Live?" or "What is Live Singing?" discussion exhausting. So, while I'm perfectly fine with other people in this thread having that discussion, I don't really want to participate. Just because, what I hear, you may not hear. And even if some people speak about the technical sides of things, I don't know who actually knows what they are talking about. So, I figure, what's the point of two people who don't really know anything about the audio technicalities going back and forth over over what they "think" they hear? I don't like thoroughly discussing things unless I know the legitimate facts behind it. There's no point in arguing about a difference in opinions is there? There is usually no resolution from it.

Just my viewpoint, but feel free to discuss it with other users in this thread if you like.

I actually just watched this. They really are doing a great job with this.

No way I would be sounding like this dancing like that. I can barely hold a note even while jogging.

• Welp. Is this direct at me? I rarely post but once i post something i make sure that its true.

I would argue it's the opposite, kpop stans used to kpop companies feed them the image of perfect singing while dancing have lead to what it is today. We can't distinguish what is live and not. Sad, really.

oh I didn’t read your comment before I responded to this thread. It was mainly about what I seen online. There was a lot of debate on the m countdown performance comment section which is the one I mentioned in my comment about hearing some of the girls being too fast for the backtrack. I just read the op and commented I wasn’t addressing you

• No, don't do that. All idols will lipsync sometimes and sing live sometimes. I've heard it with my faves and pretty much everyone else's faves too. It's not a dig and it has no reflection on how good a group is.

I just happen to think this one performance is not live. You can disagree without turning this into a fandom or user issue.

I’m only sure about m countdown one being live because of the things I’ve already mentioned. Todays one I can’t be as sure of I didn’t call out any group or fandom tho. I just generalised. Doesn’t mean I think all fandoms are the same. And I’m still standing by my comment. Also the only thing I commented on was the m countdown performance not the one in the op.

• Their microphones may be open, but I can barely hear their voices. Does it really count as live if you can only hear them 3 seconds in 3 minutes?

Even in their M Countdown performance, where you can hear them better, it's still hard to tell the live vocals apart from the backing track. It's deliberately ambiguous. I call it a clever use of a backing track.

• I’m only sure about m countdown one being live because of the things I’ve already mentioned. Todays one I can’t be as sure of I didn’t call out any group or fandom tho. I just generalised. Doesn’t mean I think all fandoms are the same. And I’m still standing by my comment. Also the only thing I commented on was the m countdown performance not the one in the op.

Ah I've only seen the one in the op and that's what i thought you were talking about. Anyway, I think the music shows have gotten really good at making performances seem live.

• Their microphones may be open, but I can barely hear their voices. Does it really count as live if you can only hear them 3 seconds in 3 minutes?

Even in their M Countdown performance, where you can hear them better, it's still hard to tell the live vocals apart from the backing track. It's deliberately ambiguous. I call it a clever use of a backing track.

I must have great hearing or something because for me, I can hear their voices the majority of the time.

And, if they aren't lip-synching, they have to be singing live right? But, it all depends on a person's definition of Live I suppose. If your definition is that they have a backing track with 0 backing track vocals except ab libs, then I can see why someone may not consider it live even though I do.

• I must have great hearing or something because for me, I can hear their voices the majority of the time.

And, if they aren't lip-synching, they have to be singing live right? But, it all depends on a person's definition of Live I suppose. If your definition is that they have a backing track with 0 backing track vocals except ab libs, then I can see why someone may not consider it live even though I do.

It's better than groups that use 100% lipsync, but does it really count as live singing when the mix you hear is 95% backing track and 5% live vocals? For me, it doesn't. But the standards for live singing in K-pop are so low that people are willing to accept those as live performances.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!