Hiya! Question!

• do people also try to not say you are of that ethnicity because don't look the stereotypical way most do? I have this issue when out with my sister, she has the dark hair the full on face features of being native american, all of it. I only have the facial features, and then bright hair and light skin as I am mixed, she is not. I kinda want to know if I am alone on this, I usually only get yelled at as not being the ethnicity I am by people who are of caucasian ethnics. I am tired of being told to just take it as a compliment that people mistake me as being a different ethnicity, and think I am adopted.

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Edited 2 times, last by crystalblues ().

• Well, I never experienced it because I naturally look like my ethnicity. But even though my family is African American and I am too, I grew up in a state with predominately white people and I sometimes get that I don't act black or I act like a white person. Which I think is funny and stupid because I don't think they technically know and it's super stereotypical. Some people think that all black people are violent and loud, but I'm very quiet and very far from being violent. I hate racial and sex-related stereotypes.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• as i am hispanic and look hispanic, it’s fine right? well i have divorced parents and i live with my mom and stepdad. so when people meet my parents they ask if im adopted since i look way similar to my dad than mom, thinking my stepdad is my dad. im like “no.....?” then let’s talk about thanksgiving parties where your family is full of salsa and hispanic music. “no puede ser que no estas disfrutando de esta music mas buena y escuchando eso chinos de mierda.” is something all of my relatives say on a daily matter which is completely irrelevant what my nationality or ethnicity is. how i act, what i listen to, etc doesn’t mean im not hispanic wtf

for those whose stars are in their eyes.

b611461d779e305032d6a21610fa683a316a277c.gifvc2101c5191ccd2f38f5e6b542ab7a75bbc483dcd.gifv96de354c2ea06ffc3b791d1d79fcf68013abd2cd.gifv

• as i am hispanic and look hispanic, it’s fine right? well i have divorced parents and i live with my mom and stepdad. so when people meet my parents they ask if im adopted since i look way similar to my dad than mom, thinking my stepdad is my dad. im like “no.....?” then let’s talk about thanksgiving parties where your family is full of salsa and hispanic music. “no puede ser que no estas disfrutando de esta music mas buena y escuchando eso chinos de mierda.” is something all of my relatives say on a daily matter which is completely irrelevant what my nationality or ethnicity is. how i act, what i listen to, etc doesn’t mean im not hispanic wtf

THIS ^ I love my native culture but I also adore asian cultures, and want to experience the cherry blossom festivals, and visit Jeonju. I am not a koreaboo, or an obsessed weeb. I acknowledge the bad things in both Japan/Korea but I adore their arts, their cities, countrysides and their Natural Landscapes. The only thing my native tribe has is a teeny tiny reserve in Oklahoma, which I have seen a lot. That does not mean I am not native because I want to explore other cultures and admire them :angryr:

Well, I never experienced it because I naturally look like my ethnicity. But even though my family is African American and I am too, I grew up in a state with predominately white people and I sometimes get that I don't act black or I act like a white person. Which I think is funny and stupid because I don't think they technically know and it's super stereotypical. Some people think that all black people are violent and loud, but I'm very quiet and very far from being violent. I hate racial and sex-related stereotypes.

I hate the stereotypes too it is so frustrating. Like let me enjoy my music and dye my hair fun colors. :wellr:

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!