Is Aespa hated because they’re from SM?

• Tbh many people (Sm stans or token stans) have set them up

Which has to do with them being from sm

And some don’t respond well to that

So directly no, indirectly yes

Cause I never see red velvet getting hate

NewJeans é envolvido em nova polêmica com o MV de “OMG” | Revista KoreaIN

Edited once, last by lialve ().

• SM didn’t help them with the plagiarism issue and how they described their concept. It was new to kpop so people have misunderstood their concept.

Plus let’s not act SM stans weren’t setting them up putting unreachable records, talking about them all the time. So when they debuted with BM people were disappointed by the song and it was worse because it didn’t do well in Korea.

the hate was not directly for the girls but for SM instead, they debuted the girls around the same time when SNSD and Jessica, EXO members thing happened, not to mention the controversy about the Happiness mv and the name Red velvet itself

• Like already said, most SM groups get a lot of hate before debut and a lot of fake news rumors before, around and after their debut, not one SM group excluded. They also get a lot more bashing, trashtalking and shading directed towards them around and after their debut than most other Big 3 groups got.

Fans of other groups often come up with all kinda excuses and justifications for it, but that's just what they are, excuses.

Reality is far simpler.

It's simply about what groups are seen as a threat to someone's biases, and what group(s) and company have the most antis.

The result is that groups of Big 4 (formerly Big 3) will get more hate directed towards them around debut - unless their company has softened that by smart PR/promoting/mediaplay or reality shows - and the groups of the most hated company at any given time will get an extra dose.

This is separate from anything else with the debut that gives cause for extra bashing, like the song, MV, style etc.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• SM stans or not, but the first trigger was-

aespa majorly got hate due to their concept and the way LSM exaggerated about them in some interviews.

the second trigger was-

Fake Karina rumour and stuck-up SMRGG fans who were not ready to accept the reality.

the third trigger-

anti SM stans jumping on the hate train and trash-talking about the members. (hard to digest pill but the percentage of SM stans is equal to anti SM stans, evident on akp and on this poll too).

Edited once, last by nitroso ().

• No, it's not because they are from SM

Look at how much hate BP and Twice got in the beginning

It's simply because they've gotten very successful very fast and a) the more successful you are, the more hate you get and b) stans of older group see them as a threat to their faves

• They're hated because they're popular. All new top groups received hate, especially during their early years.

Both Twice and Blackpink received a ton of hate. Twice was know for getting a disproportionate amount of dislikes on their mvs. Their vocals were constantly hated on. People saying they didn't deserve their national girl group status and that they were a poor copy of SNSD etc.

Blackpink faced less hate as a group (the hate was more directed towards YG) but the members as individuals still received more than a fair share of hate, partly from blinks. Jennie is known as the most hated idol for a reason, Jisoo got called a talent hole, Rosé's vocal tone was described unlistenable and Lisa got criticized for her visuals in korea.

• Yes & the fact that people are threatened by their success

Why else do you think people were rooting for their downfall & starting fake rumors before they even debuted? You'd never see this with a group from another company

Now that those rumors have been debunked they're moving on to attacking their plastic surgery, stage presence, vocals, etc

There are people who eat up whatever SM does but there are also certain Kpop stans who hate on a certain group just because they're from SM, but nobody is ready to have this convo.

A fandom or company stans should never be a reason to hate on a group (and even then I find this reason hard to believe because MYs are not a very big or loud fandom)

• Plus let’s not act SM stans weren’t setting them up putting unreachable records

This is the worst lie ever '-'

This is the record goal MY had for Aespa debut Image

and MY/ SM stan always said that SM GG never are big since debut, they get big around their 1-3 comebacks

the people who set them up were people who weren't even expecting their debut with things like " this is the first SM GG in years so i expect big things from their debut " , and let's not act like they aren't the same one who after BM didn't do tons of thread saying " well i expected top 20 considering how hype they were " and SM stan/MY were again and again defending the girls explaining to this same people that MY never had any big goal or big expectations for Aespa debut because SM GG like SNSD and RV always have some debut who aren't doing so well and then become huge after their first comeback or second comeback

but saying that MY are the one who set them up for the hate by putting unreachable goals and records, when it only took me 1 seconds to find the initial goal that MY had during Aespa debut on twitter is a big lie

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• Yes & the fact that people are threatened by their success

Why else do you think people were rooting for their downfall & starting fake rumors before they even debuted? You'd never see this with a group from another company

:snsd28::snsd28:

#aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON #aespa from GOMAWO TAEYEON

• I don’t think so. If you look at Red Velvet, a lot of people love them and they are from SM. SNSD also are/were well loved

Oh, SNSD was hated a lot. Back then people had the weird idea that SM only focused on visuals(even if SNSD has an insane vocal and dance line)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Some of the hate is coz they are from SM and the other is because they became successful early on in their career. There are some kpop fans that hate every group from a company the same way there are company stans. The same way SM has a lot of stans they also have a lot of haters

• This looks like a pity party. Every group fim big 3 receives hate, because they have more eyes on them, it come with the privilege of being a big 3 group with little to no chance to flop because of the legacy

• I don’t think so. If you look at Red Velvet, a lot of people love them and they are from SM. SNSD also are/were well loved

Yeah about that....

Red velvet basically got a mini nmixx treatment where a decent portion didn't like their debut song and had minor controversies with their MV which got sightly edited soon after. When Yeri was added later she got a lot of hate because some saw her as an unwanted addition.

SNSD. Oof. They were probably the most hated rookies ever. They first seen as total joke because they were the first large number gg. Then there was hate towards members (ugly, plastic). Then there were dating rumours with Suju and TVXQ and those groups fans really hated SNSD as a result. Hate for them got so big SNSD got the infamous black ocean at dream concert. This was all around their first year as rookies.

• They're hated right now because they are a threat, but the people claiming it's because fans set them up must be joking. Aespa were getting immense hate as soon as their debut was announced. Magically there were rumours about Karina calling 3 members from the top 3 boy groups ugly, which still get her hate until now, there was people making up lies about SM remodeling their museum complex into a hotel for the avatars to provide sexual favors to paying fans, there were threads in the previous version of this forum likening Aespa's concept to prostitution before we even got the first group teaser and there was lots and lots of fake performative concern over the group's concept that achieved nothing but smear the group's image before they even gave anyone a single reason to have such concerns. Those exact same people later grasped onto the plagiarism accusations like a life line because they suddenly found an excuse to validate the insane hatred and malice they harbored toward a yet to debut group, especially after SM swiftly shut down the prostitution claims. It was very telling how loud the "concerns" over the avatars being used for nefarious sex related reasons and how suddenly and completely those same concerns vanished as soon as those concerned had something else to latch on.

You all can lie now about it being provoked by fans or casually pretend that it's something that happens to everyone else but many of us were there, witnessed it first hand and still remember it. Just because Aespa now unfortunately have many nasty little success stans doesn't change anything about the hatred they received at debut being 100% undeserved, disproportionately blown out and entirely due to their association with SM.

The short answer is definitely yes.

SNSD got drag really hard

people did a black ocean when they were on stage and were screaming " we want wonder girls " when they were on stage

and the girls themselves said on "Healing camps" that during one of their performance at SMtown the crowd held right lighstick and making "X" to show that they didn't want to see SNSD on stage

• it makes me laugh when people act like their faves are the first or the only groups to get a ton of unheeded hate. it literally happens to every big3/big4 group the second they get successful and even if they're not successful immediately, people call them flops and failures and embarrassments.

if there's a hit group, there's been the legions of people hating on them, controversy after controversy, etc etc etc etc

aespa isn't hated because they're from sm. they're hated because they're a hit group. eventually their turn will be done, and the punching bag will be another group

ɪ

cf2178e469192fe5d3974a86c101545f41e74afb.gifv

• it makes me laugh when people act like their faves are the first or the only groups to get a ton of unheeded hate. it literally happens to every big3/big4 group the second they get successful and even if they're not successful immediately, people call them flops and failures and embarrassments.

if there's a hit group, there's been the legions of people hating on them, controversy after controversy, etc etc etc etc

aespa isn't hated because they're from sm. they're hated because they're a hit group. eventually their turn will be done, and the punching bag will be another group

それ

• They are hated by some Hybe and BTS stans because their songs outcharted their faves.

They are hated by some JYP and Itzy stans because they took control of the 4th gen GG title away from Itzy.

They are hated by some YGE and BP stans because they threaten Blackpink's Girl Crush title.

Of course, things would change a bit if Aespa was a JYP group, or a Hybe group, or a YGE group. Aespa would receive more acceptance from company stans of these respective companies, but still would face resentment and hate from individual fandoms within these companies due to their success.

Now imagine what would happen if SM decided to sell Aespa's contract to Hybe, JYP or YGE? How many fans would they lose? How many fans would they gain?

Hate is pretty complex in the world of Kpop stanning lol.

This forum is the perfect example of aespa being hated just because of their company. I have never seen such horrible things being said about young girls who didn't even had debut teasers out. From nasty rumors about Karina personality, to Giselle being an iljin, plastic surgery bs, SM selling them as virtual prostitutes, the group bullying ex sm trainees to death,being too inferior looking compared to stayc, etc and that was before a debut date was properly announced.

Sure other big 3 groups got tons of hate too, like I remember the Jennie and yeri hate train. But never before a whole group went thru so much before releasing their debut, at least at recent years (I know SNSD suffered a lot since predebut due to suju and TVXQ jealous fans)

• This looks like a pity party. Every group fim big 3 receives hate, because they have more eyes on them, it come with the privilege of being a big 3 group with little to no chance to flop because of the legacy

Idk I didn't see nmixx, itzy or txt and enhypen members having predebut rumors about making other trainees commit suicide or insinuating you are supporting prostitution if you stan them. Ofc they all got nasty comments about looks and talents but the level of things said about aespa was wild

• Idk I didn't see nmixx, itzy or txt and enhypen members having predebut rumors about making other trainees commit suicide or insinuating you are supporting prostitution if you stan them. Ofc they all got nasty comments about looks and talents but the level of things said about aespa was wild

Now it’s a competition about which groups got the nastiest comments? And you have decided to drop Itzy on it when some members got dragged many times...

Rv didn't get a lot of hate because they debuted in 2014, when 2nd gen was still strong and SNSD/2ne1 topped everything, so they weren't a threat and only the few fx stans were bitter about them. You can see how the negative reaction to twice, gfriend and blackpink was bigger because it was then that the 3rd gen started. And yeri was sadly the one who took the fall for the whole group when fanwars started

• Now it’s a competition about which groups got the nastiest comments? And you have decided to drop Itzy on it when some members got dragged many times...

Just proving how trainees can get nasty rumors about them before even releasing a video just because they come from SM. Idols get hate everyday and that could be due to multiple things but trainees being accussed of bullying someone to death and people believing it is only due to one thing

• This thread contains 43 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!