Are Billlie REALLY nugu? (People good with album sales please help me!)

• I've been seeing this narrative that Billlie are nugu, but can we say, with the release of their new song, and now Tsuki's viral fancam, that they're inching mid-tier gg status?

Let's see:

Lightsum (lower mid-tier) sold 19k first week sales with Vanilla, as their first week sales. I'm going to be honest, they haven't grown much with Vivace, so I'm assuming they'd maybe hit around 25k depending on the concept now.

Purple Kiss (higher mid-tier) sold 12k first week sales with Ponzona but recently have hit 30k with Hide and Seek.

Weeekly (higher mid-tier) sold 18k first week sales with We Play, have gone up since.

(I SUCK at album sales so please correct me)

Cherry Bullet, and Rocket Punch debuted with similar numbers.

So Billlie debuted with 9k....but have hit 19k now first week sales, in just 3 days.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They've been out of Nugupromoter (Twitter Account)'s nugu criteria since they hit 20k sales in a single comeback, and are growing.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FMSmeqIXIAQi86P?format=png&name=medium

They've hit 1 Million Views in less than 4 hours in their song overall, and Tsuki has a FANCAM already with 1 Million Views+ and has gone viral in every platform.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

They're also surpassed their last song in like 2 days in views:

They're at 10 Million Views rn:

External Content www.youtube.com

The problem is that they're unknown in Korea, BUT there could be a chance...however the songs need to actually chart on Melon/Flo/Bugs:

Another problem is how DIVIDED the fandom is. A majority of Korean buyers are Sheon/Suyeon stans from GP999, and Tsuki is most popular overseas, have 6-7 fansites each, Sua and Haram are next with 3-4 fansites each, and the rest are quite unpopular :( (Suhyeon, Siyoon, Haruna). I feel like it's going to be a huge problem, now that Tsuki has blown up.

However the Billlie album is SO good so everyone please stream!

• I thought Suhyeon would be more popular in Korea, A-teen was a hit webdrama. But well, A-teen happened a long time ago, and the Hana's were the stand out characters.

I don't know the criteria to nugu or not. Billlie is a rookie gg, usually ggs grow significantly their fandom and increase their sales after a hit.

External Content www.youtube.com

• I don't know if they are nugu or not, but they are doing really good and I'm so proud of them. Their sales have definitely increased because of Sheon, but I'm not complaining.

It's only been 3-4 months so I'm not gonna worry too much about the individual member popularity. Tsuki and Sua were known when they were trainees so I'm not surprised they're popular. Those two are definitely the stan attractors as I've seen several people who checked out their MV because of Tsuki asking about Sua.

• It depends on what you consider nugu or where you draw the line, if it's another way of saying "low tier" of popularity and success I personally think Lightsum and Purple Kiss are like examples of top tier nugus, or very low mid tier groups. Billlie by potential and performance on other measures is almost like those 2. I consider ggs bigger than low tier when they can sell 50k or when you get a hit like Rollin', Billlie so far is doing well and catching some attention here and there but I still consider them nugus.

• pasted-from-clipboard.png

Their first album sold 25k. They are Nugu. It's unfortunate because I really like them.

• Considering they debuted only 3 months ago 20k albums isn’t that bad. They have enough room to grow.

Tsuki’s fancam has a chance to give enough exposure. The label just needs to play the right cards and capitalize it.

They’re doing a concept which isnt really popular, they are one one the rare groups which stand out I’m sure they can have a solid fanbase.

• pasted-from-clipboard.png

Their first album sold 25k. They are Nugu. It's unfortunate because I really like them.

By the graphic you put, they may get to 30k on Gaon with this comeback though, we are on weekend so the sales being lower the last 2 days is normal, they already surpassed their sales on Hanteo from their debut album.

• Yes, they are nugu. Sales increased a lot this gen. Produce/survival shows and big3 groups are debuting with 200k-350k sales so far, that's only the debut album. I imagine ygngg and sakura/iland groups will follow similar sales and the most of top gg groups will reach 700K-1M sales in the next couple years with no problem. So i don't know where to cross the line.

Nugu until 150K-200K?? We have to consider charting too like if the group is charting well and their sales sucks like sistar, that's not nugu either but that's not the the case for billie.

• Yes, they are nugu. Sales increased a lot this gen. Produce/survival shows and big3 groups are debuting with 200k-350k sales so far, that's only the debut album. I imagine ygngg and sakura/iland groups will follow similar sales and the most of top gg groups will reach 700K-1M sales in the next couple years with no problem. So i don't know where to cross the line.

Nugu until 150K-200K?? We have to consider charting too like if the group is charting well and their sales sucks like sistar, that's not nugu either but that's not the the case for billie.

It's true that sales are increasing a lot but 150k-200k is still a lot for girlgroups though, those are numbers Itzy was doing for their first comebacks, would you consider Dreamcatcher, Fromis_9 and Loona nugus? Big 3, Hybe and Produce groups will obviously sell much more since debut.

• It's true that sales are increasing a lot but 150k-200k is still a lot for girlgroups though, those are numbers Itzy was doing for their first comebacks, would you consider Dreamcatcher, Fromis_9 and Loona nugus? Big 3, Hybe and Produce groups will obviously sell much more since debut.

Top groups are the ones who will set the ranges. Kpop was growing internationally since 3rd gen and covid sped stuff up. I'm sure if itzy would debut this year their sales will be bigger than in 2019. As of right now big3 and survival shows groups are doing 200-350K sales on debut, once the rest of big4 groups debut we will see if they follow similar sales or not.

Touring could also slow down sales a bit for everyone, this year will be key, it's gonna be a bit hard to compare.

• Top groups are the ones who will set the ranges. Kpop was growing internationally since 3rd gen and covid sped stuff up. I'm sure if itzy would debut this year their sales will be bigger than in 2019. As of right now big3 and survival shows groups are doing 200-350K sales on debut, once the rest of big4 groups debut we will see if they follow similar sales or not.

Touring could also slow down sales a bit for everyone, this year will be key, it's gonna be a bit hard to compare.

Thing is, the top group is Blackpink, but they barely make comebacks and when they do they would surpass the million, but the other "top kpop girlgroups" like Twice or Aespa sell around 600k which is quite a gap. You have to take on account that while groups debuting on big companies are selling a lot right now, if they start to debut more and more groups and to oversaturate the industry even more, I don't know if it's realistic to expect all groups from big companies to sell that much since debut, we would end up calling nugus almost all groups from mid-tier companies. Nugu for me carries the meaning of "pretty much nobody knows them/they are barely making it", so maybe it would be better if you consider those groups low tier if anything, because actual nugus can't compare at all to the ones I mentioned.

• Thing is, the top group is Blackpink, but they barely make comebacks and when they do they would surpass the million, but the other "top kpop girlgroups" like Twice or Aespa sell around 600k which is quite a gap. You have to take on account that while groups debuting on big companies are selling a lot right now, if they start to debut more and more groups and to oversaturate the industry even more, I don't know if it's realistic to expect all groups from big companies to sell that much since debut, we would end up calling nugus almost all groups from mid-tier companies. Nugu for me carries the meaning of "pretty much nobody knows them/they are barely making it", so maybe it would be better if you consider those groups low tier if anything, because actual nugus can't compare at all to the ones I mentioned.

I don't think we shouldn't compare 3rd gen groups to 4th gen groups, the same way you wouldn't compare 2nd groups to 3rd group sales. Everyone is benefiting from kpop growth but especially new groups because people tend to stan new groups more than old ones (3rd gen groups) with a few of exceptions like bts and bp.

"I don't know if it's realistic to expect all groups from big companies to sell that much since debut" I'm sure ygngg will be able to sell 200K on debut, hybe groups will be iland another survival show and sakura group, they will sell a lot too. I don't know how well adore will do on debut tho. I can see the most of top groups reaching 700K-1M sales in the next few years, that will become the average like the average sales for top bgs is 1M right now but I could be wrong and I'm overestimating kpop sales growth.

• I don't think we shouldn't compare 3rd gen groups to 4th gen groups, the same way you wouldn't compare 2nd groups to 3rd group sales. Everyone is benefiting from kpop growth but especially new groups because people tend to stan new groups more than old ones (3rd gen groups) with a few of exceptions like bts and bp.

"I don't know if it's realistic to expect all groups from big companies to sell that much since debut" I'm sure ygngg will be able to sell 200K on debut, hybe groups will be iland another survival show and sakura group, they will sell a lot too. I don't know how well adore will do on debut tho. I can see the most of top groups reaching 700K-1M sales in the next few years, that will become the average like the average sales for top bgs is 1M right now but I could be wrong and I'm overestimating kpop sales growth.

That average is from groups of big companies though, I'm just saying that I think you are putting the bar of "nugudom" too high, if you want to divide K-pop on tiers sure, may those numbers be considered "low tier" but nugu for me at least has a different meaning. I even created a tierlist of nugu 4th gen groups last month lol

• That average is from groups of big companies though, I'm just saying that I think you are putting the bar of "nugudom" too high, if you want to divide K-pop on tiers sure, may those numbers be considered "low tier" but nugu for me at least has a different meaning. I even created a tierlist of nugu 4th gen groups last month lol

I mean if top groups are able to sell 700k-1M sales, it makes sense 150K top for nugu groups?? Obviously if a group is able to sell 100K albums that's great regardless anything but if we compare it to top groups that would be still low. I'm just estimating, we'll have a better image next year about how much gg top groups are able to sell, many of them are just debuting now.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!