Mamamoo's last comeback failure could affect their future negatively

• Moos were expecting 200k at the very least for sales but fell 30k short. Couldn't even outsell I&S as they were bragging

Charts mmm well let's not even go there

It's difficult to undestend whut went wrong considering they were on an upward spiral since queendom. It only goes to show dat survival shows can only carry u so far as is evident by the loss of sparkle of mmm, idle, Daniel., somi etc

It's possible their company would not renew em considering their new gg Secfet Number? is faring well

• well just yesterday there was article about their online concert/fanmeeting

Solar said:

We're going to show you something new at this fan meeting. We re-recorded it to make a track, and it's amazing. After looking through the list of songs, this song? It was so fresh. I got greedy when we were recording it.

I don't think they would re-record a song if their future was uncertain.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The numbers that fandoms spit means nothing. It's still their best selling album. I&S also outsold all of RV's albums, it means nothing. Unneeded comparison.

RBW new GG is Purple Kiss, not Secret Number. And why would it affect their renewal since they're still lucrative and 2 members already renewed? It's more probable that the non-renewal comes from the other 2 members than from the company.

• Am I the only one who thought they're gonna be fine? Mamamoo itself is a popular name, the gp knows them and their songs. They're like among the top 5-10% successful Kpop ggs in the industry. Also, they're the most talented gg when it comes to vocals. Just one underperformed release isn't gonna make RBW disband them. They have a rep among the gp. Unless the members themselves decided to disband or if their star member, Hwasa, decided to leave the company/the group hence putting a pressure on the group's future. But let's say if Hwasa leave RBW but still want to continue as a Mamamoo member under different company, they can probably make it happen and have cbs tho the chance of that is small depending on RBW.

Also FYI, the new hoobae gg is Purple Kiss, not Secret Number...you should get that fact right at least before making this thread.

It's difficult to undestend whut went wrong considering they were on an upward spiral since queendom

Bcos of Aya, that song was underwhelming. I think they did well with Dingga.

• I don't know why people are panicking. Didn't the members themselves mention that they knew Aya wasn't the kind of song the GP would like but they wanted to take a chance and try something new?

MMM is always experimenting, sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Their entire career has been like that which is why their sound changes so much from album to album.

But realistically this last album was hugely successful for them in other way other ways. They managed to sell over 100k first day becoming the 4th ever to do so, the only other groups to do that being Twice, Black Pink and Iz*one. Thats a massive jump from RIB which was their last most successful album giving them tier first 100k sales in general and doing it within a week which is another record.

They still are on an upward spiral DW.

Lets not forget what else they did in 2020, 3 of the 4 members released albums (Moonbyul even had a repackage) and all 3 became the top selling female soloists of the year. Throughout the year they were releasing more music for fans to buy, so by the time the group album came around there were people who couldn't afford it (and note that many wait till they have enough albums they want to buy to then bulk buy on the release of thier fav to make the shipping worth it) yet this still became thier best selling album to date with something like 164k.

Thats 84.6k from Solar, 68.8k from Hwasa and 116.2k from Moonbyul. Plus the 164k from travel (by the end of the year) so they sold around 433k in 2020.

We had Moonbyuls mini in Feb, her solo concert and reissue in May, Solar's mini in April, Hwasa's in June, Wanna be myself in September ( I swear they released some kind of physical thing with it too), not to mention loads of video concerts throughout the year. And thats not counting all the TV shows they went on this year. I swear at one point moo's had a show for every day of the week.

Also how are you comparing them with I&S when travel dropped in November whilst Monster dropped in July after hearing nothing from RV since Wendy's accident? (obligatory side eye to SBS). All thats happening is SM finally putting enough effort into RV. The obvious quality difference in RV albums and the rest of SM was always so insulting.

• I don't see Hwasa renewing with RBW anyway, that PR move from the agency basically putting the blame on Wheein and her for the future of the group seemed like a last attempt to make them stay by guilt tripping them

Honestly depends on why they did it.

Considering they are one of the top groups in Korea, plus Hwasa's fame, plus the garbage fire that became the ending situ with Got7 its not surprising they had to say something. They were the next major group to be due a re-sign so lots of people used them as a contrast to Got7, writing up stories about them re-signing and everyone was likely scrambling trying to sign them I can imagine how annoying that must have been for the girls and how much it must have panicked Korean fans.

By putting out that statement they, at the very least gave the girls some peace or motivated some companies to give out better deals. I bet you some companies were trying to sign the entire group. Honestly, I don't think they would have done it without consent, considering how much the fans hate RBW and how fans in general will believe the idol more than the company, doing so would be shooting themselves in the foot, especially since everyone knows mamamoo made them. They may be dumb, but not that dumb....I dont think...

• What are you even blabbering when Red Velvet has arguably the best SM discography and miles ahead of other girl groups, Mamamoo especially. I&S mini was more than good but nowhere near RV's best EP/Albums

Not discography, the ACTUAL album. As in the physical package they are selling. Just compare the physical album, the amount of content they give out for RV (in general) to any other SM group and you'll see what I mean. The quality is not the same.

No need to get all offensive and rude.

• I'm agree with your post, except the last part. RV album are very good. :nob:

• I'm agree with your post, except the last part. RV album are very good. :nob:

again, I wasn't talking about the actual songs on the albums, but the quality of the physical product. As in with the photo cards and CD, compared to the rest of SM idols RV always get the cheap stuff and there is always a clear lack of attention put into designing and producing them, even down to the amount of content they have on thier channel SM clearly ignores them. Wasn't this sub-unit the first time they had multiple versions of an album too? Its just sad how ignored they are by the company so I saw the topnote and middle note versions as a step in the right direction.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!