What happened to ITZY being rumored to join Queendom?!

• So now we know the official lineup for Queendom, what happened to ITZY joining Queendom?

I think they are 4 possible reasons:

1. Chaerji were still under Covid lockdown when Taeyeon was seen filming for Queendom. Did ITZY had to pull out of the show because of Covid? :/

2. ITZY are busy with preparing for their upcoming world tour . :thumbup:

3. Yuna's AOTM will be released in March :wow:

4. ITZY is preparing for their rumored English debut or Korean comeback <3

If JYP/ITZY declined, I hope JYPE/ITZY made the right strategic move for the group to succeed Korea and worldwide in the long run. ITZY needs more promotion in Korea such as high rating variety shows like Running Man and more. Also, JYP needs to give ITZY social media freedom to post trends/funny/cute TikTok videos or their own Instagram accounts.

What do you guys think? Just pure discussion and no bickering and fighting in this thread please

• itzy is too big for queedom imo

Queendom is for popular groups like ITZY. They are also known as performance queens. I guess that's why most people had them in their rumored lineup.

Their Korean charting is a little worrisome but I do hope JYP comes back with a great promotion to help them with that.

• I believe so. The fact they got covid right before Queendom starts make me think that it might have been covid related. The program is slated to start in March 31st.

well at least now we have the official confirmation that they are not in it...

• well at least now we have the official confirmation that they are not in it...

Yup, I just don't understand how some Midzys are happy of them not joining Queendom. Queendom is not our issue but lack of overall Korean/international promotions and creative freedom and social media freedom.

The bigger question is can JYP help ITZY maintaining/build a stronger Korean fanbase in the long run. Kpop is a fierce market and new younger girl groups with more resources to spend are debuting left and right. JYP/ITZY can't focus on international market as much as they did last year. Korean promotions are also important for a group long term sustainability.

I loved to see their stages but I will support now for their upcoming comeback or tour.

• Yup, I just don't understand how some Midzys are happy of them not joining Queendom. Queendom is not our issue but lack of overall Korean/international promotions and creative freedom and social media freedom.

The bigger question is can JYP help ITZY maintaining/build a stronger Korean fanbase in the long run. Kpop is a fierce market and new younger girl groups with more resources to spend are debuting left and right. JYP/ITZY can't focus on international market as much as they did last year. Korean promotions are also important for a group long term sustainability.

I loved to see their stages but I will support now for their upcoming comeback or tour.

GP≠Korean fanbase

Itzy sold 550k albums last cb they will be fine I promise

• Yup, I just don't understand how some Midzys are happy of them not joining Queendom. Queendom is not our issue but lack of overall Korean/international promotions and creative freedom and social media freedom.

GP≠Korean fanbase

Itzy sold 550k albums last cb they will be fine I promise

what she or he (i totally don't know or remember half of what people's genders are lol) said

• Since I am a Midzy I won't show you ITZY's last year Korean charting performances. Yes, they will be fine so do other groups but staying or being on top is a different story.

stop the midzy bs you’re weird with your obsession with queendom is also weird idgaf if they aren’t well know in Korea you’re pulling the they don’t have a strong fanbase in Korea? Like how you do know? They are selling 500k albums had 1B streams and are begging cfs left and right good luck to you if you think your favs group to revive their dead career they aren’t the same time to move on from queendom it’s getting weird.

• stop the midzy bs you’re weird with your obsession with queendom is also weird idgaf if they aren’t well know in Korea you’re pulling the they don’t have a strong fanbase in Korea? Like how you do know? They are selling 500k albums had 1B streams and are begging cfs left and right good luck to you if you think your favs group to revive their dead career they aren’t the same time to move on from queendom it’s getting weird.

Did you read my posts? It is not about Queendom but lack of overall promotions, creative freedom and social media freedom. You can pretend all is well with ITZY but last year ITZY went empty handed in all most all Korean award shows and their songs did not do well on K charts at all.

How is it going to help ITZY if you can't even come to reality that ITZY is not doing well in Korea?! Shouldn't we be preparing to collect tickets now. Were is this energy when it comes to voting for ITZY on Korean awards/charts and stream on K charts and youtube and so on..

• Yeji is recovered too, so it's not that. They just don't want to got that's all. They take some rest and it's better like this for me.

I would agree...since covid affects one's lungs they might need more time to heal through it even though those two (and Chaeryeong everntually) are no longer symptomatic

• Not sure why op thinks going to queendom is the only way to gain popularity in Korea? They need songs that click. Even with queendom if the song doesn't click it's no use.

YIREN

e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv fab59363da33ef51baa656716577e60cdb9b2fd2.gifv 084b4b1830b2175bbfe169388158c289cc0b861f.gifv 9a71235e38fac2f4f9e1daf62b01efee6e4923bf.gifv e2ab9f65c50ad7b933ecb52f941f1493d96d8704.gifv

• I would agree...since covid affects one's lungs they might need more time to heal through it even though those two (and Chaeryeong everntually) are no longer symptomatic

The latest strains of the virus are less virulent, there are many examples with athletes who resumed competition very soon after having it. In Europe football players are allowed to resume after 7 days of catching the virus for example.

• The latest strains of the virus are less virulent, there are many examples with athletes who resumed competition very soon after having it. In Europe football players are allowed to resume after 7 days of catching the virus for example.

I didn't know that...interesting...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!