Didn’t 3rd gen groups like BTS, Blackpink have songs that were perceived as noisy?

• Why are people acting like as if noise accusations are brand new to kpop and no other group ever faced it.

Leave alone 3rd gen…..Are y’all telling me fantastic baby was soothing and calm? Tf lol.

Noisy kpop has ALWAYS been a hit and people have called a lot of kpop noisy over and over again. Your group isn’t special.

:pepepizza:

PS : being called noisy doesn’t mean I personally hate those songs so don’t go get your knickers in a twist over it.

• The "Noisy" music drag is so corny....to me and to many others as well....

The fact that you can find so called "Noise" music in every group is an indication, These fans don't know what they are talking about....

Noise is noise. I don’t have a problem with what ppl label. But when ppl think this is some 4th gen exclusive or kpop is taking a direction for the worse well.

• Nobody in the 3rd Gen made bad noisy music like 4th gen groups do today, 4th gen groups obviously are running out of ideas so now they need to "experiment" with their lack luster music. Nobody in 3rd Gen made experimental terrible noisy music. Noisy doesn't equal edm, because edm isn't noisy its just edm. Noisy is when there's 20 different things going on in the song. Nobody in 3rd Gen was giving O.O by nmixx or Next Level by Misspa.

✰ ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* 🌷🌷🌷♡ ♡ ♡🌷🌷🌷 ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✰

c84b43c6d23bf4bc277ebcd8e1c37de5.jpgStory pin image

• The closest thing BTS has to noisy music is probably Fire for a title track and I'm Fine and Dionysus for a b-side... and noisy as probably disjointed, I think when people complain about noisy music in kpop they're probably talking about hyperpop/experimental influences that have been kinda popular with gen z

• The closest thing BTS has to noisy music is probably Fire for a title track and I'm Fine and Dionysus for a b-side... and noisy as probably disjointed, I think when people complain about noisy music in kpop they're probably talking about hyperpop/experimental influences that have been kinda popular with gen z

Maybe now in retrospect but there was discussions about being noisy just like this on forums for multiple pages. And people may do the same for these groups too in a few years as well.

Anyway idc about the actual definition of noise that’s a separate issue. But songs being labeled noise isn’t new in my experience.

• Nobody in the 3rd Gen made bad noisy music like 4th gen groups do today, 4th gen groups obviously are running out of ideas so now they need to "experiment" with their lack luster music. Nobody in 3rd Gen made experimental terrible noisy music. Noisy doesn't equal edm, because edm isn't noisy its just edm. Noisy is when there's 20 different things going on in the song. Nobody in 3rd Gen was giving O.O by nmixx or Next Level by Misspa.

No.

I thought Idol was pretty noisy, but I don't know if that was ever discussed. :pepestare:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• BTS & BP weren’t really ever called noise though. I think have some songs that are louder than usual. Not Today & KTL were the ones called loud, but their productions have always been very pristine and layered. Personally, I think what separates them is that there is a lot more nuances in their production. Say what you want, but BTS/BP will never simply give you a loud song from beginning to end. It will have bombastic chorus but the verses will be usually very punch in delivery or very melodic in singing. Plus both groups are pretty versatile as well sonically.

• BTS & BP weren’t really ever called noise though. I think have some songs that are louder than usual. Not Today & KTL were the ones called loud, but their productions have always been very pristine and layered. Personally, I think what separates them is that there is a lot more nuances in their production. Say what you want, but BTS/BP will never simply give you a loud song from beginning to end. It will have bombastic chorus but the verses will be usually very punch in delivery or very melodic in singing. Plus both groups are pretty versatile as well sonically.

We lived very different forum lives :pepepizza:

You’re saying this only in retrospect. These songs were definitely called noisy during their time :pepepizza:

• We lived very different forum lives :pepepizza:

You’re saying this only in retrospect. These songs were definitely called noisy during their time :pepepizza:

Only Not Today and Kill This Love were the ones I remember called noisy to an extent. Other examples like Fire and D4 was called disjointed and messy more than noisy. Before like 2019, it wasn’t really that much of a complaint. I mean, NCT wasn’t even called noisy until recently. But that’s how I remember it. Other people could view it different.

• Like literally the current 4th gen quote marks noise makers quote marks such as skz and ateez were all compared to bts for their music style who were compared to bb themselves

But i guess with bb out of the scene and bts new music direction no one but 4th gen is really out there making quote marks noise music quote marks

For ggs i dont think bp were having it that bad lol

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Only Not Today and Kill This Love were the ones I remember called noisy to an extent. Other examples like Fire and D4 was called disjointed and messy more than noisy. Before like 2019, it wasn’t really that much of a complaint. I mean, NCT wasn’t even called noisy until recently. But that’s how I remember it. Other people could view it different.

I genuinely feel people forget how songs used to be perceived after it’s been a while and they were hits.

Blinks definitely used to fight the noise tag tbh.

• Like literally the current 4th gen quote marks noise makers quote marks such as skz and ateez were all compared to bts for their music style who were compared to bb themselves

But i guess with bb out of the scene and bts new music direction no one but 4th gen is really out there making quote marks noise music quote marks

For ggs i dont think bp were having it that bad lol

Definitely.

• I dont think I ever hear a bts song being called noise, I think people dislike idol for the mv

for bp the only song that ever fall in that category is ktl and its bc of the trumpets (hence being used in the trucks protest thing outside yg :pepe-hehe: ) but aside from that its a more fluid beat and instrumental than any 4th gen gg has

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

the noise thing was more attached to only nct

this

its not about the song being loud bc fire, ddu du ddu du, ktl, not today are all loud hype song

its about songs from new groups being disjointed, doesn't help the rappers in those songs are just not might to rap so the end result its just very poor

• It’s the constant rewriting of history that gets me. Even if we want to ignore massively “noisy” tracks from everyone from TVXQ to f(x) in 2nd Gen, it’s the way people are like “oh song X is not noisy, it’s not ewwww noisy like song y” when song X very much had people clutching their pearls when it came out. I mean you can just do a quick internet search around noisy Kpop and see people tearing their hair and lamenting over Dalla Dalla and KTL and the impending noise apocalypse in Kpop as recently as 2019. (No, I don’t particularly think of those as “noisy”, but once upon a time, the “my ears are bleeding” crowd certainly did.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• This thread contains 515 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!