Big Hit is on its way to kpop-ize the Western Music Industry

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Apparently, any group produced by this new label will follow the 'kpop' training/formula. Is it going to be the full package ?

I have my doubt about it, because some things seem just impossible ( values dissonances about dating, smoking, drinking, etc... ) and beyond that, the US industry is already terrible enough as it is without bringing some of the toxicity linked to the kpop industry.

This buisness is amazing for BTS so I should be happy, but I'm a bit wary.

Any thoughts ? Any news ? :whatr:

• amalyas

Changed the title of the thread from “Big Hit is on its way to kpop-ize the Western Industry” to “Big Hit is on its way to kpop-ize the Western Music Industry”.
  • I feel like the main people who will be interested in this group will still be Kpop fans, but let’s wait and see.

It depends ! I feel like a lot of western fans would be interested in kpop if it was... american.

And white.

And english :boredr:

• I wonder if the trainees will be asian american only or if non-asians can audition

Since it will be based in the US, I think it's very likely that every race and nationality will be welcome.

It's going to end up being 80% white, with a token asian person or something :cryingr:

• Will Kpop rules also be included? you know how strict it is in Korea, will that translate well in America?

No idea.

Honestly some rules seem impossible to me to apply. This is just a different culture altogether.

• Billboard losing absolutely no time to shade

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

:S

• I watched the video.

The more important thing I focused on was the partnership (and it is a partnership, equal footing) between BH and UMG that will make use of online platforms and industry connections to promote both groups’ artists. Weverse, the online concert platform (forgot the name) were mentioned. Also UMGs connections and reach in the music industry (specially here in the US). All these, used by the artists from both groups could really be a big help in achieving more success, global wise. And I agee.

Why is there a photo of Enhypen? 🤦🏻‍♀️

Tell me if my voice isn’t real
    If I shouldn’t have thrown myself away

sFWYLKc.gif

• I watched the video.

The more important thing I focused on was the partnership (and it is a partnership, equal footing) between BH and UMG that will make use of online platforms and industry connections to promote both groups’ artists. Weverse, the online concert platform (forgot the name) were mentioned. Also UMGs connections and reach in the music industry (specially here in the US). All these, used by the artists from both groups could really be a big help in achieving more success, global wise. And I agee.

Oh, I definitely think this is a good deal for both UGM and BH ! From a 'fan' perspective, I'm really glad for BTS, that's some doors that are being open right now ( for BTS and for other groups from BH labels like SVT or Enhypen too btw )

I was just wondering about what kind of project this new 'label' would lead to :/

• Imagine white boys doing fanservice... :zipr:

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I watched the video.

Did they say the bolded bit explicitly or is it something you inferred? Cause I am trying to see how BTS benefits from this and atm I don't see much unless they said that about industry connections for all their artists.

Yikes shitty Billboard. :thumbdown::cursing:

• Oh, I definitely think this is a good deal for both UGM and BH ! From a 'fan' perspective, I'm really glad for BTS, that's some doors that are being open right now ( for BTS and for other groups from BH labels like SVT or Enhypen too btw )

I was just wondering about what kind of project this new 'label' would lead to :/

Opening a door for BTS how?

The main thing I'm seeing is that this new group is poised to be BTS' competition in the US

As a BTS fan, I don't see a reason to be glad tbh

I'm neutral

• Opening a door for BTS how?

The main thing I'm seeing is that this new group is poised to be BTS' competition in the US

As a BTS fan, I don't see a reason to be glad tbh

I'm neutral

What I mean is that with this deal, BTS is preserved, the way I see it. There is NO WAY that UGM didn't want BTS. And clearly this new group is some kind of middle-ground that UGM and BH found to a) keep BTS completely free for their career choices b) still have a) project in common to solidify BH's position in the US music industry.

We know the boys, they never wanted a short-cut toward success if that meant losing their integrity and their freedom. Freedom is something they value above anything else, and I think this is actually a good compromise on BH's part.

Obviously we will have to see, but I don't see anything bad for BTS with this announcement.

• What I mean is that with this deal, BTS is preserved, the way I see it. There is NO WAY that UGM didn't want BTS. And clearly this new group is some kind of middle-ground that UGM and BH found to a) keep BTS completely free for their career choices b) still have a) project in common to solidify BH's position in the US music industry.

We know the boys, they never wanted a short-cut toward success if that meant losing their integrity and their freedom. Freedom is something they value above anything else, and I think this is actually a good compromise on BH's part.

Obviously we will have to see, but I don't see anything bad for BTS with this announcement.

Hmm

I guess we will find out if BTS can also benefit from this or not in good time

• What I mean is that with this deal, BTS is preserved, the way I see it. There is NO WAY that UGM didn't want BTS. And clearly this new group is some kind of middle-ground that UGM and BH found to a) keep BTS completely free for their career choices b) still have a) project in common to solidify BH's position in the US music industry.

Fam this group is bts successors basically

• I don't see this working long term.

One, these two entities aren't even remotely "equal" partners (UMG is much bigger in every way than BH), so it sounds more like UMG trying to see if they can create a new pop group using BH's 'experience', but having one successful group is not the same as having created a methodology for churning out successful groups.

Also, I don't think that US laws on both employment and contracts are compatible with trying to make a Korean like Idol group (for one, certainly no one under 18 being a trainee). Generally, artists under western labels aren't seen as company employees, so the ability to force any such members to partake in the same type of endless publicity events, etc. is not the same, unless these new "trainees" are defined as employees, but that creates all sort of other labor law issues.

• This thread contains 26 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!