Taeyeon INVU Album Discussion!

• The album is amazing. She never disappoints! :pepe-sad: Might be my favorite Taeyeon album honestly

After first listen my favorites are INVU, Cold as Hell, Set Myself On Fire and Toddler. I added all songs to my playlist tho, I'm so happy with this album<3 I also love Heart and No Love Again a lot.

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

• As usual, it's hard to rank her songs lmao but it was such a great album!! :pepe-sad:

Right now in my top are definitely Set Myself on Fire and Cold As Hell

- Set Myself On Fire is just beautiful, enchanting, her voice, her harmonies. M E L T E D H O N E Y in my ears :pepe-comfy:

- Cold As Hell is evil in the best way :pepe-devil: It's the sexy banger I needed from her and she slayed it. Can't wait to see her perform this

from the one I expected more was from Timeless. I do like it but i guess i had enormous expectations since it was always named next to Time Lapse :pepe-peek: the song is really pretty tho and the bridge is magical

the one i feared I wouldn't like was You Better Not and King Taeyeon politely told me to shut tf up with her voice lmao I loved it :pepelove1: YBN and No Love Again were really fun to listen to tbqh Toddler was really enjoyable and groovy too These three along with Weekend are the ones I want to hear while I'm driving :pepemusic:

There is smth about that siren playing in the background of Siren that is addicting and her voice is just chef kiss :pepe-life-support:

Some Nights is just Taeyeon flexing her stunning vocals, and it is just so so so so beautiful! :peperain:

Heart sounded beautiful. There is this one line in the chorus that reminds me of Like I'm Gonna Lose You and it was throwing me off at first not knowing what reminded me off. Anyhow, the whole song sound different and it's really pretty

Ending Credits is the perfect song to finish off this amazing album, just beautiful :pepe-sad:

with that said, INVU, Can't Control Myself and Weekend deserved their position as title tracks and representatives of the album

OVERALL, AMAZING ALBUM. Taeyeon is the genre and she never disappoints! Really proud of her :pepelove1:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edited once, last by jjjkkm ().

• I agree. It's a bit different from what I expect in a K-pop album, but I like and appreciate that.

The "INVU" music video is really nice visually. I like the colors and lighting.

Taeyeon's music is very enjoyable whether you're actively listening or using it as background music. I think I'm leaning towards "Toddler" as my favorite B-side on the album, but the other ones are also excellent to listen to.

for me the punch non stop of

Toddler

Siren

Cold as Helll

Timeless

I'M DEAD

I think Timeless and INVU are my faves but I like all the songs so much. My fave album of Taeng at first listen ;(;(;( we'll see with time but I'm addicted to it

• God, as I listen to it and get used to the songs, it gets harder and harder to pick a favourite :pepe-grooving:

one thing is clear and it's that there is no bad songs in INVU

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Another amazing album by Taeyeon omg this girl always delivers :pepe-life-support:

My ranking as of right now:

1. INVU. Like no competition, I L O V E this song damn

2. Weekend - Addicted since release

3. Can't Control Myself - See above

4. Siren - Idk what it is, but there is something about it that just hits ugh sooo good

5. Some Nights - So soothing and calm, yet powerful and beautiful :pepe-sad:

6. Set Myself On Fire - Same as Siren, idk why, but I just really enjoy this one

7. Toddler - Groovy, moody bop

8. Timeless - Kinda wish the chorus was different, as everything else of the song is sooo good, especially the pre-chorus and the bridge. But I guess I will get used to it and like that part too eventually :pepelove1: I like the vibe of chilling on clouds that I'm getting from this song lmao

9. Ending Credits - I expected something else, like a ballad like Gravity, but I still really enjoy what we got and I feel like this might climb up in my ranking with time passing.

10. No Love Again - Giving me spring feels that I want right now :pepe-sad:

11. You Better Not - It's kinda weird (in a good way), but it works well

12. Cold As Hell - It's so different for Taeyeon, but she pulls it offfff. It fits with my vibe when I'm in a bad mood lmao

13. Heart - Nothing too special compared to the other songs in the album, but that doesn't stop it from still being a good song :pepelove1:

I love how Taeyeon is constantly trying out new genres and type of songs, and this album shows her versatility yet again. She's not making it easy to choose a favorite full album of hers lmao

• Been over the album twice.

Not as good as My Voice but better than Purpose for me so far.

The songs I've added to my Taeyeon playlist are Timeless, Siren and No Love Again. Maybe the title track after a few more listens to make it 4. Considering it's a 13 song album not sure how strong I'd rate it overall. I'm liking the songs I've added but like none as much as I like Fine, Curtain Call, Blame on Me or Fire. The albums more consistent than Purpose for me but doesn't have the peaks of My Voice. I am biased towards more acoustic/instrument heavy productions though whereas this is a more contemporary album with the currently popular synth/synth-pop sounds

No Love Again really reminded me of a much lower key Primadonna Girl by Marina and the Diamonds if people know it. The melody has some similarities to my ears.

• Listening to the B-sides right now. This album really makes for some enjoyable listening.

External Content open.spotify.com

what are your faves so far?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• toddler reigns supreme it's my fave type of groovy song. heart has the best chorus on the album, i love how soaring it is. siren is just really cool, could have been a title track for sure.

honestly a no skip album, except you better not which really does nothing for me... nothing seems to mesh together at all in there.

but it's followed by weekend so all is forgiven :pepelove1:

• Toddler is so fucking catchy :pepe-sad: i got the melody stuck in my head

• I finally got a chance to listen to the whole album and I'll go ahead and rate every song:

1. INVU (9.5/10): This song feels somewhat angsty, especially during the verses, and of course the vocals were so good in this song. I really like how each chorus was different from the others and they kind of built off of each other (getting more complex as the song progressed). I can totally see why she chose this as the title as it is really good and it definitely has replay value imo.

2. Some Nights (6.5/10): This is her only real ballad type of song in this album I would say. She pretty much always has one for every album and I feel a bit disappointed because I don't vibe with it as much as most of her other ballads (and she tends to have really really good ballads). The melody just doesn't get to me as much, but I really like the choruses and her vocals are insane in this song ofc.

3. Can't Control Myself (9.5/10): The MV and lyrics enhance the song so much for me, along with the really hopeless/forlorn vibe the song has just makes the song really good!

4. Set Myself on Fire (10/10): My favorite of the album!! It's just so good and the lyrics really enhance the song for me. The instrumentals along with the lyrics create this indescribable vibe for me. The ending where she's vocalizing with the instrumentals in the back is too good as well!!

5. Toddler (9.5/10): Another song where the lyrics really enhance the song for me. Also, the bass just creates such a chill/cool vibe for the song and I really love how the choruses are sung in a lower register. Really great song!

6. Siren (8.5/10): The choruses of this song are insanely good. I feel like they make the song overall feel a bit worse in comparison although the song is still good overall.

7. Cold as Hell (4/10): I knew from the start that this would be my least favorite track based off the teaser. It's just not my style (although the verses aren't bad).

8. Timeless (8/10): The choruses fall a bit flat. They're not bad but the rest of the song is really good compared to them.

9. Heart (10/10): I lied about Set Myself on Fire, this is my other favorite lol. The choruses are just insane omg. Also, the rest of the song is really good too of course and I feel like the other parts of the song really help to highlight the choruses (clearly the best parts of the song).

10. No Love Again (9/10): Cute pop bop!! Nothing bad I can say about this song. Also, the outro of this song is really nice.

11. You Better Not (9/10): This song really surprised me when I first heard it. The choruses utilize silence so well and I definitely was not expecting that! It makes the song so much more interesting and fun to listen to.

12. Weekend (10/10): I've been bopping to this song ever since it came out and that hasn't changed. This song has no weak parts and every single section of this song feels equally good.

13. Ending Credits (5/10): I like the verses, prechoruses, and bridge but the choruses are where it just falls flat for me unfortunately. I actually don't dislike them, it's just that they feel too long, drawn out, and repetitive. If they were all a section shorter and maybe there were some ad-libs or variation for the final chorus, I would like this song alot more.

(If I gave a song anything 5 or under, it means I probably won't be thinking of it as a song to listen to when I reach for my phone.)

Overall this album is definitely my favorite out of her 3 full albums. It's INVU > My Voice > Purpose for me. She really outdid herself with INVU and I feel really satisfied with this album! It's super solid and there are only 2 songs where I probably won't replay and listen to in the future out of 13. I have a feeling she's going to release a repack (as she has for the past 2 full albums) and it's over for us if she releases another Drawing Our Moments in the repack. I know that's a bit random but I just had to say it lol.

Edited 2 times, last by spark ().

• External Content youtu.be

:pepemusic::pepemusic:  :pepemusic::pepemusic::pepemusic:

:shake-it::shake-it::shake-it::shake-it::shake-it:

• Listening to the B-sides right now. This album really makes for some enjoyable listening.

External Content open.spotify.com

What are your fave B-side of the album :|:|:|

• Timeless and ending credits are my favs. It's a solid album overall.

External Content youtu.be

• After listening to it many times, I attempted to rate this amazing album.

1. INVU - 10/10. One of her best title tracks! This song actually somehow make me feel warm? despite it being sad (btw love the lyrics). The pre-chorus and chorus makes me feel a lot, not just the longing like the verses, it sort of sounds like it explodes with emotion to me. Vocals are heavenly, and I love hearing more low notes. I listen to it many times every day. I'm glad she fought for this to be the single.

2. Some Nights - 8/10. Such a beautiful medley in the chorus. Great vocal performance. She really excels at songs like this.

3. Can't Control Myself - 7.5/10. Happy this was a single. Such a contrast from the single that came before it. I like very much and I've listened to it a lot. Also love the MV (same goes for INVU).

4. Set Myself on Fire - 8.5/10. I love the chorus so much. This is one of the songs I listen to the most.

5. Toddler - 10/10. My favorite on the album along with the title track. This song is addicting. The medley in the chorus is SO groovy and nice. I listen to this all the time. One of her best b-sides ever.

6. Siren - 8/10. My favorite part of the song is the pre-chorus, it's gorgeous. Love this song a lot.

7. Cold as Hell - 9.5/10. Favorite from the teasers, and it delivered. I love the instruments, I love her voice, I love the genre. My only complaint is I wish the drop was longer the first times (or maybe just from the 2nd time) as well and not just in the end, it sounded a bit short to me.

8. Timeless - 5/10. My least favorite, but it's still nice, and I listen when it comes on shuffle.

9. Heart - 8/10. Something about the chorus really hits me. Her vocals and the piano that comes in sounds heavenly. I thought I might find this song a little boring, but I love it.

10. No Love Again - 7.5/10. Another solid song. Simple, nice and pretty. Catchy chorus.

11. You Better Not - 7/10. I see why it's next to Weekend in the tracklist lol. Fun, cute and happy.

12. Weekend - 9/10. Such a fun summer song! Loved it when it came out, and I still love it now. It's so happy and cheerful, but with a chill vibe still. Great single.

13. Ending Credits - 6/10. I like it more than I expected, but still not one of my top picks.

Seems like my top 5 are INVU, Toddler, Cold As Hell, Weekend and Set Myself On Fire. I can see Some Nights growing on me even more though and it might end up as high as SMOF.

Even though there's no Time Lapse here imo, overall it's still probably my favorite album. Ofc it's still fresh so my opinion might change (all 3 albums are great so), but I gotta say I'm really pleased and she ALWAYS delivers and make fans proud. Listening to this album makes me very happy.

9bed704675346b2296d7f8bf4f7dbb7673cc0412.gifv   40eca24aacd0326eb0b0cba6ff58da5d99f79156.gifv

• After listening to it several times, I can say

S Tier - INVU, Can't Control Myself, Set Myself on Fire, Weekend, Toddler, Cold As Hell

A Tier - Siren, Some Nights, No Love Again, You Better Not

B Tier - Ending Credits, Heart

C Tier - Timeless

S tier for me are the stars of this album. The Title Tracks were all great and I'm obsessed with them. SMOF is beautiful af, Toddler is funky af and Cold As Hell is a banger.

A Tier is were I put the songs that I don't love as much as S tier but they still are still amazing. Siren and Some Nights are beautifully produced and her vocals are everything. No Love Again and You Better Not are just really fun. I enjoy listening to them a lot.

B Tier is where I put the songs that I like but they all have a but lmao. I love Ending Credits as the end of the album. It fits really well and I love the space vibe...BUT it does get a little bit repetitive at the end. Heart is great BUT there's nothing too surprising about it.

In C Tier....you are going to kill me, but I put Timeless. I really wanted it to grow on me more, but I don't know why I'm not entirely sold on this one :pepe-sad: Her vocals are great, its either the chorus or the instrumental what bugs me.

anyhow, it's a solid album and I'm basically replaying it 24/7 these days :pepe-grooving:

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!