Should I buy a Nintendo Switch

• Your opinion? 11

1. Get a normal one, the more money is making it worth (10) 91%
    2. Get the lite one and save money (1) 9%
    3. Save money and don't get one, people don't actually need this (0) 0%

Hi there,

I grew up with a DS and later had a DSi but I never wanted to get the 3DS

Now it's been 3 years or so since the Switch came out and I suddently want one.

Would you recomend to buy the normal one or the lite version?

The normal one costs acording to my local store 290€ and the lite 200€ + you get the lite one in different colors (and a lite bundle with Animal crossing would be 220€)

What do you personaly would recomend?

BTW I also read you can buy seperate controlers if you want to play certain games on the lite. I'm not too sure about that, but it is what I read on the Nintendo-website. So do they mean the controlers who look like those from a Playstation or those who look like these you can take off?

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• I personally went ahead and got the normal Switch console. It is a bit more, but imo it's worth it because you have three different ways to use it vs. just having the handheld mode.

I know there are a few games (mostly action games) which are a bit more enjoyable on the normal Switch because they rely more on the precise motion controls and the rumble feature, but it's just gonna depend on your use.

If you feel like you're going to be okay with using it more in handheld mode then I'd say the Lite is fine. I have a friend who has a normal Switch for himself and got his wife a Lite so she can play Animal Crossing and Pokemon and she loves it.

• Go with the normal one 100%. You simply can’t beat its functionality. You can play on your latest and greatest tv and when the time comes to go somewhere else (or take a toilet break hehe) you very simply take the switch out of the dock and within a couple seconds you fully able to continue the game. It’s witchcraft lol

The lite can’t do that, it’s just handheld. Imo playing on a huge screen is still the best way to way. Playing smash bros 4 player is so much better on larger screen with a good sound system.

• Cute choice!

For the controllers question, the joycons (the ones you can remove) and the pro controllers (the ones that kind of look like PS controllers, this) work with both the regular and the lite version. Joycons are more expensive, but on the flip side, one set of joycons is two controllers, so individually, they're the cheaper choice.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• Small upate :3 My case and the caps arrived

cats.jpg

The case itself came with paw-print caps, but I didn't noticed it so I bought a set of 2 pair frog/Axolotl and put 1 of each pair on.

I also have 2 games now (Ori and Animal Crossing) and I ordered a travle-case that probably arrives tomorrow allready :3

71s5hfBOqrL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Last update

On the image in Amazon I thought you can store more than 5 games, but it's enough I guess + cou can allways care a 1th game with you if you put it in the switch. In case someone has more games, there might be a seperate case that is slim enough to fit the extra games or you carry them seperatly in your bag. IDK but for my I think it's enough so far

IMG_20220214_142043-horz.jpg

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!