I am procrastinating so hard right now

• I am literally putting off so many assignments, it's like my teachers want me to die from stress. They post the hardest assignments and I have no time to do any of them. I have to watch this 2 hour movie for my class and its a snooze fest. I just want to take a break but I can't because I have to keep working and I still have to go to school physically to drop off a bunch of stuff. Guys I think I am going to drop out ;(

• As much as those assignments might be hard or too stressful for you, putting it off will just pile up your assignments even more.

Now I'm not saying you should just go yolo and rush through everything because everyone needs a break and if you do need one just take a break it's fine.

If you see yourself consistently putting off assignments and getting into this spiral of never ending work, you have to ask yourself these questions after this whole debacle

- Are you having a lot of assignments because you have bad time management? That is the reason you have so many assignment is because your constant procrastination led to this? If so then realistically speaking I hate to put it right in front of your face but then you only have yourself to blame for not working out your time properly

- If time management is a problem, you need to start thinking what you need to do to get your shit together if you need any tips or help let me know

- Are you struggling with the knowledge required to finish the assignments? Like do you find yourself at a loss on not knowing how to do them? If so how could you solve or prevent that from happening?

• I procrastinate too but I always remind myself of the consequences. I know it sounds harsh to think like that but it gives me the motivation to do something about it. Although sometimes it can have the opposite effect and be an even bigger burden which discourages me from trying at all. Some teachers are more chill about the deadline so I have till 2 in the morning (or 3 if my tired ass stays awake for that long) to send a 3-page essay or some other work.

I think you should focus on which assignments are more important to be done on time if you have a feeling that you won't be able to finish every task till the deadline. Sometimes the tasks I didn't finish on time are from the professors that aren't as strict as others (this doesn't mean that I am consistently late on their deadlines, they just don't make my life a living hell like othersX/). You should also try to find a way to stop procrastinating since that is a bigger issue and it can give you more stress than actual assignments. Try to stay away from the internet (or social media) for some time or go for a walk outside to clear your mind from the stress.

First-year of college was pure hell for me due to so many assignments and such little motivation but I managed to get through with it. I learned to manage my time a lot better than before (it's not perfect but it's going on a good track).
    I believe that you can do it too. :thumbup:

I also had a subject in which I had to watch 3 movies every week and write a 1.5-3 page essay about their similarities. The deadline was Sunday (but he tolerated 1 am on Monday). All of the movies were dystopian so you could already tell I was having a great time while watching ;( Unfortunately I didn't manage to watch them all or I put the speed on 1.5x so that I could finish them quickly. I also had yt videos, reviews and short plots written about the movies which helped. I don't want to see another dystopian movie anymore... 21 were enough... :cryingk:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!