Useful Editing Tools I Discovered

• Hello, so I'm going to assume most of you have heard about the Valentine's Day aesthetic competition coming up soon on here. If you have not heard about it, here is the post with more information about it:

Link:

Anyway, I heard about this and wanted to help, but the rules say I am not allowed to (which is completely understandable), so I thought of making this so I could indirectly help anyone who needed help finding useful tools online. Here are some I found that I like in no particular order:

Cleanup.pictures - Remove objects, people, text and defects from any picture for free

As the link explains, with this website, you can remove objects, other people and text from your pictures for free and it does a pretty good job at it too. First, download the picture you want to edit in this way onto your device you will be editing on. Then, go to the website and upload the picture where you are prompted to. The button is big and neon, so you shouldn't miss it. Once you click on it and select the picture to upload. If you're worried about messing up the picture and understanding how to use the website right away, you can use one of their sample pictures until you get the hang of it.

Then, look below your picture and adjust the slider bar to make your object remover bigger or smaller as needed. Move it over the object you want to remove. Don't be afraid to go over the edges of the object, that's actually encouraged to get better results. Once you're done, let you of your mouse button/holding on the screen (for a touch screen). The selected part will lightly flash for a second and then the object in question will disappear. Ta-da! Problem fixed! There's an option to download the new picture for you to save it. Unfortunately, I doubt it works on gifs, but it works so well, I'm willing to forgive it. Here is one I did so you can see how well it works:

Lisa Flower Crown.pngLisa Flower Crown 2.png

I successfully removed the water bottle and ribbons from the flower crown in less than two minutes and you can't even tell they were there before! If you want to see this on a larger scale, let's say you wanted to remove an entire member/person. Well, that works perfectly too! Try it out for yourself!

Another tool you might find useful is this free website:

Upload Image – remove.bg

For this website, find the image you want to remove the background of and download it to the device you will be editing on. Go to the website and click the blue button to upload your image. Find the image, select it and upload it. It will work automatically and should only take a few seconds for most pictures. Once it is done, you should see the finished result and you can download your new picture to save it. It doesn't always work 100% perfectly, but it usually works well enough and it's free, so that's a plus. It helps if the image is high quality and the distinction between the background and the people is noticeable. Example for this website:

Brave Girls.jpgBrave Girls No Background.png

I know there are a ton more good tools too, but I'm too lazy to cover them all. Mention some of your favorites below. Also, what do you think of the two I mentioned (if you've used them before, or have tried them out after you discovered them through my post)? Good? Bad? I hope this post was helpful for you. Have a great day/night!

• This: Photo Editor : Pixlr E - free image editing tool

From using this tool often I've familiarized myself with the various things I can do there (like adding text effects and blending layers) so :mukbang:

That's pretty cool! I do the vast majority of my editing on Paint.net since it's not super hard to learn how to use and it's what I'm the most familiar with. Most of the other editors I'm fine either look so complex I fear it'll take me forever to get the hang of them, they cost a lot of money, or both. That being said, your editor is also free and doesn't look as impossible to manage as I've seen some others look, so I might check it out sometimes when I run into too many problems with Paint.net. Paint.net was free for me and easy to understand, so I like it. It's pretty basic though and does have quite a few limitations that make certain things difficult, but I find ways to work around that. Have a great day/night!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!