Which one is a bigger hit internationally : Bad Boy vs Fancy vs Hip

• all song are considered as their international breakout hit . so which one is the biggest internationally ?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Obviosuly Fancy...It has better Spotify numbers, did better in Japan than either other song and has nearly 400m views on YT...

I mean what other metrics do we need? We don't honestly need opinions when facts and evidence paint an irrefutable picture.

• Official Post

Fancy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hip>>>Bad Boy

FANCY has 204M streams on Spotify, compared to HIP's 113M and Bad Boy's 150M(but again, that could be because of Bad Boy's release date, as HIP will most probably surpass it soon)

YT numbers are also pretty similar, with FANCY at 390M, HIP at 221M and Bad Boy at 304M(again, take into consideration Bad Boy was 2-3 years before HIP)

HIP also went viral in China iirc while FANCY went viral internationally. The answer is pretty clear.

• The right answer is „psycho“

But probably „Fancy“ from these three

Not really, Fancy still beats Psycho in every i metric too. In fact HIP has a better chance than Psycho since it did okay in Japan and went viral on Chinese TikTok while Psycho didn't really do well at all in Japan or blow up in China so it's really only relying on it Spotify and YT numbers which are both lower than Fancy.

It's pulling a similar number of daily views to Fancy too in spite of RV not having any songs since it came out so nothing extra to stream or take away hype while since Fancy Twice has had like 3 Japan comebacks and 3 Korean comebacks.

Fancy, Feel Special and I Can't Stop me are all doing a lot better than Psycho, HIP and Bad Boy internationally.

• Not really, Fancy still beats Psycho in every i metric too. In fact HIP has a better chance than Psycho since it did okay in Japan and went viral on Chinese TikTok while Psycho didn't really do well at all in Japan or blow up in China so it's really only relying on it Spotify and YT numbers which are both lower than Fancy.

It's pulling a similar number of daily views to Fancy too in spite of RV not having any songs since it came out so nothing extra to stream or take away hype while since Fancy Twice has had like 3 Japan comebacks and 3 Korean comebacks.

Fancy, Feel Special and I Can't Stop me are all doing a lot better than Psycho, HIP and Bad Boy internationally.

lol it has to be Japan and China? Psycho is huge in Korea and Indonesia and did way better than fancy or hip. Don't you know that Indonesia is one of the biggest country especially for kpop stans? It's still charting in Spotify Indonesia. Psycho got 110 m+ streams on Spotify chart based on Kworb while Fancy only got 72 m+. Don't you think that international only consist of China or Japan. There are other countries too, even though the market is different. But, Psycho did way better than fancy in spotify

Fancy = 204 m+ (April 2019)

Psycho = 191 m+ (December 2019)

only 10m+ differences when Psycho was released 8 months later. Even Red Velvet didn't have any comebacks since Psycho, until now, and Twice had 3 comebacks. It shows how strong and well Psycho is.

For youtube, Psycho only got 239 m+ while Fancy had 390 m+. But Psycho's performance video got 70 m+. And of course in Korea Psycho >>>>>> Fancy . Internationally, Psycho is doing better than Fancy. Although for this thread, Fancy is the biggest international hit compared to Hip and Bad Boy.

Fancy > Bad Boy >= Hip.

But if you include Psycho. Psycho win. Love all these songs tho.

• Who said only Japan and China were relevant? I pointed them out as they are by miles bigger markets than Indonesia, like it's not even ballpark the same comparison....

Also yes Fancy has higher YT, higher Spotify and actual international certifications(something Psycho doesn't have) You're also bringing up Korea like did you take a second to read the title? You must not have otherwise you wouldn't have mentioned Korea.

Internationally under NO STAT is Psycho ahead of Fancy. None. The only reason it's pulling faster numbers than Fancy on Spotify is lack of comebacks and meaning fans have only 1 new group song all year to stream, while Twice as I have pointed out since Fancy have had 6 comebacks, 6! and Fancy still maintains a lead on Spotify and a massive lead on YT. As for 70m on other videos? LMAO, do you think Fancy only has an MV? They have like 45m views on the dance practice, 25 on the Mama live, like over 50m on the comeback performances and I mean like nearly 20m on Momo's dance version...I mean really it's not close at all...

Even with Psycho being bigger in Indonesia you would think that would have gave it more MV views since Indonesia is the biggest contributor to Kpop views last year, but still it's over 100m or more behind...Kinda strange.

Not to mention in Japan where Spotify was barely used in 2019 Twice still went on to gain a Gold certification for Fancy which is another 50m filtered streams, that's right a real cert in the second biggest market in the world.

So no actually based on numbers, facts and evidence Fancy is ahead of Psycho in every metric.

Edit: Also should point this out in that time Twice released Feel Special which beat Psycho in the international market and I Can't Stop Me which is performing about 2 times better than Fancy too.

• I think you are forgetting the fact that Fancy is like 8 months older than Psycho

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!