Now that Loveholic has dropped - what are your thoughts?

• Okay all ten NCTzens on here - what are your thoughts now that Loveholic has dropped?

I like it..but it definitely feels like an album for existing NCTzens. I don't think I dislike anything on it, but I thought I was going to like Chica Bom Bom more than I do. It doesn't quite come together for me.

Gimme Gimme and Right Now are my faves off the album. Gimme Gimme is dark and sexy, while Right Now has the classic r&b flavor I love in NCT b-sides like Elevator 127F or Good Thing (not as fast or as much of a bop as those two songs, but definite r&b groove).

I don't think people who got interested in NCT during Resonance are going to find favorites here, so it will be interesting to see what the next 127 album will be like. First Love is probably the most "radio-friendly."

(Also, is it just me or is Jaehyun very prominent on many of these tracks? I'm not against it - I adore his voice, just feels like he's got a lot more lines here.)

What are your thoughts?

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Edited once, last by the101 ().

• the101

Changed the title of the thread from “Now that Loveholic has dropped - what are your thoughts” to “Now that Loveholic has dropped - what are your thoughts?”.
  • as a long time fan of another SM Boy Group who's also under Avex in Japan, i have always been shocked at the huge difference in production quality between SME and Avex, and i see nothing much has changed in the past few years.

that being said, i think Gimme Gimme is up there as a title track and it is the best song in the EP.

the EP as a whole doesn't live up to the quality of their korean albulms but it is still solid imo. i especially liked Chika Bom Bom and Lipstick as far as bsides go, i loved all the unison singing in Lipstick.

• i really love right now :pepe-grooving::pepe-grooving::pepe-grooving:

gimme gimme is probably second.

im not overly excited about the other three songs though.

i still need more time to mull it over.

but all the songs will be on my playlist regardless. :pepe-toast:

• I listen to lipstick and that was about it. I should listen to the other songs but I like their other Japanese album more. Gimme Gimme is a solid title track but not anything spectacular. Also, did SM just not give them any budget for the MV?

SM: “just put them in suits and no one will notice we didn’t spend anything.”

:angryr:

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• I loved Gimme Gimme, and First Love and Right Now are really good. Don't really know how to feel about Lipstick (just very weird and not very NCT sounding imo) and Chica Bom Bom (good but not really my style)

Neo got my back

bottom!Taeyong | Explore Tumblr Posts and Blogs | Tumgir

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!