Peter Dinklage and the Seven Dwarfs controversy

• Hopefully I'm posting in the right section. Anyway.

I don't know if you heard about this story, guys. Basically, Disney is doing a live-action remage of its classic "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves". You could rant about it and shout "WHAT? ANOTHER REMAKE? AREN'T YOU TIRED OF THAT SHIT?". But Peter Dinklage (of Game of Thrones fame) had another rant in mind. On a talk show or something, he happened to be pissed because, even though Disney casted a Latina to play Snow White which is fine and all, they're still going with this backward silly dwarf crap like 90 years ago (kinda his words, not mine). He was bitter, and said "have I not done anything in my career to help change the perception on small people" or something like that.

And because of this, he's been mocked and ridiculed on the social media. For several reasons. Some say the dwarfs in Snow White are nothing like the small people of the real world (think Lord of the Rings or the Hobbit) so what's the fuss about? Some say it's hypocritical of him considering he made a name for himself by playing an actual dwarf. Even dwarf actors lashed out at him saying "hey, we want these roles, muthafucka".

The funny thing is, Disney stated, before or after the outrage, that there won't be real dwarfs in Snow White. No, they'll be replaced by small magical creatures, whatever that means. And so more people are even more pissed about that. People want their seven dwarfs like in the cartoon!

Heigh-ho, Heigh-ho

It's home from work we go

So what do you guys think of this "controversy"?

Me? I don't really care. Only way to make me interested in this film is if the Seven Dwarfs play in a power metal band on their free time.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Alex_Murphy

Changed the title of the thread from “Peter Dinklage and the Seven Dwarves controversy” to “Peter Dinklage and the Seven Dwarfs controversy”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!