What is the worst thing School has done to you?

• I'm not a student but when I was, I got "dress-coded" for wearing a black dress that was not too high above my knees for my senior picture. I literally just put it on for the picture and got back into my regular clothes after. This bothered because bending over backwards for dress codes is pathetic and a waste of time, but also because a fellow classmate would always wear very sheer tops where her bra was visible and would never get in trouble for it. Not that I wanted her to...but it was just annoying.

Anyway, we need to do away with dress codes.

ea345ce0012bd5e135557199cecc6df68a5057c4.gif

ninguém como tu

• I'm not a student but when I was, I got "dress-coded" for wearing a black dress that was not too high above my knees for my senior picture. I literally just put it on for the picture and got back into my regular clothes after. This bothered because bending over backwards for dress codes is pathetic and a waste of time, but also because a fellow classmate would always wear very sheer tops where her bra was visible and would never get in trouble for it. Not that I wanted her to...but it was just annoying.

Anyway, we need to do away with dress codes.

Agreed. My schools dress code is horrible, and they don’t tell you about it and then give you slips. They also only dress code tall people (a dean looked at two peoples skirts, dress coded the one with a longer skirt, she was taller).

• It made me realize teaching what I love to bunch of people who have no manner or enthusiasm will kill my soul and passion

So I gave up on academia and helping people, instead Im earning good money working in the industry which arguably has no interest in helping humanity

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• school built-up my anxiety, my highschool was incredibly strict, we had at least 3-4 test every week plus we had some kind of english test everyday (since that was the main foreign language), our class average was around 4.5 and it wasn't even the best by far in the school (for reference in my country 5 is the best and 1 is the worst) , most days I ended up studying till 2am and I had to wake up 5:30am, lets just say I didn't do much beside studying during my highschool years and made me a nervous wreck by the end :pepe-comfy:

• school built-up my anxiety, my highschool was incredibly strict, we had at least 3-4 test every week plus we had some kind of english test everyday (since that was the main foreign language), our class average was around 4.5 and it wasn't even the best by far in the school (for reference in my country 5 is the best and 1 is the worst) , most days I ended up studying till 2am and I had to wake up 5:30am, lets just say I didn't do much beside studying during my highschool years and made me a nervous wreck by the end :pepe-comfy:

That sounds horrible. I hope you’re doing better now.

• That sounds horrible. I hope you’re doing better now.

Thank you <3

Unfortunately, I'm still battling with my anxiety, originally I studied hard in highschool so I could get into a good University since I wanted to do Msc and Phd too but nowadays I think I will just give up after I did my bachleor degree

• The principal slapped me for being in a relationship after my parents gave her permission lol, the teachers pulled me aside and went through by belongings and shamed me for writing love notes to my first love, tore them out of my book and read it out to each other and laughed. Looking real self righteous the whole time. Like heights of joblesslessness. A middle school kids love life is the most exciting thing they've heard of. I ran into one of them recently, they were so excited to see me but I seen zoned them in real life. Ikw it's a small town but let them go ahead and bitch about me. Don't get chummy with me if you've treated me like shit when I was younger and more vulnerable.

Desbundar

• The principal slapped me for being in a relationship after my parents gave her permission lol, the teachers pulled me aside and went through by belongings and shamed me for writing love notes to my first love, tore them out of my book and read it out to each other and laughed. Looking real self righteous the whole time. Like heights of joblesslessness. A middle school kids love life is the most exciting thing they've heard of. I ran into one of them recently, they were so excited to see me but I seen zoned them in real life. Ikw it's a small town but let them go ahead and bitch about me. Don't get chummy with me if you've treated me like shit when I was younger and more vulnerable.

That is horrible, how can they even do that?

• my 8th grade computer science teacher was a 50 y/o mysogynistic man. he basically implied the entire year that girls are stupid and shouldn't be doing computer science, openly called people stupid, laughed at students including me for not getting something, purposely lowered our grades if he didn't like us, tell us to get out of the classroom if we made even a bit of noise (even if it was on accident).

by the end of the year, i was so fed up with that school in general that i pulled out of that private school and started attending a public school. im going to be a senior as of this fall and i haven't taken a single computer science class because i hated him and that class.

• my 8th grade computer science teacher was a 50 y/o mysogynistic man. he basically implied the entire year that girls are stupid and shouldn't be doing computer science, openly called people stupid, laughed at students including me for not getting something, purposely lowered our grades if he didn't like us, tell us to get out of the classroom if we made even a bit of noise (even if it was on accident).

by the end of the year, i was so fed up with that school in general that i pulled out of that private school and started attending a public school. im going to be a senior as of this fall and i haven't taken a single computer science class because i hated him and that class.

another thing that had happened to me that year was that my foreign language teacher yelled and threw a pencil at me in class, essentially shaming me because i wasn't able to conjugate something for her. it was so absolutely embarrassing and im a really sensitive person so i was already on the verge of tears. if that wasn't enough, she walked over to my desk, took my notebook and threw it out claiming that i "wasn't learning anything anyway". I was so upset at that point that the moment the class ended and she left the classroom i literally started sobbing. like i felt so so terrible for the rest of the day. but i guess she found out how much it affected me because she "apologized" and said she was angry and that i didn't get it and lost her temper.

i didn't accept it. i hate her still, and she even tried saying hi to me when i visited the school once to pick up my sister. i completely ignored her.

• title.

It can be a student, teacher, admin, anything as long as it is directly related to school.

Here’s mine, for context, school starts at 8, snack is 9:

My school feeds us at 1:30, which is barely legal where I live (has to be between 10-2), and we get 25 minutes to eat. Almost no teachers let you eat in class.

We have multiple lunches but on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and some Fridays, I have 3rd lunch (final lunch of the day) and it doesn't start until 1:40pm

Luckily most of my teachers let us eat in class and usually I get breakfast at school so it's not too bad for me. But imagine having this lunch and not eating anything before. Like I found it surprising that a lot of students skip breakfast

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• i think ive said this story too much, but i leave alot out so ill try to put more stuff that im comfortable sharing.

btw no one go "Oml you didnt have to do that" i was stupid ok

i dont have the scars anymore tho, thank god i did them light. i do have one .....it dont matter tho lol

Bootycheek

• i left alot of stuff out in this that ive already said T T

Bootycheek

go and slap the living shit out of them back! and kidnap their partners!!!!!!

Bootycheek

• RABID FEAR OF FAILURE

and also feeling like staff genuinely wave off my ADHD as if its nothing when it never obviously presents.

• RABID FEAR OF FAILURE

and also feeling like staff genuinely wave off my ADHD as if its nothing when it never obviously presents.

TELL MRS.UGLOBITCH TO FUCK OFF

or get her fired, both work

Bootycheek

• TELL MRS.UGLOBITCH TO FUCK OFF

or get her fired, both work

I told her to fuck off and since she ain't really in charge of my grades (she's just one of those annoying TA's that are just ignorant) I don't get repercussions. Frankly if I get dragged to the dean's office She'll probably be blamed for wasting his time; he's in the middle of investigating recently impeached student gov't officials. (<<she threatened to report me for foul language and legit I read the UCI constitution and no where in there can they restrict free speech lmao)

• I told her to fuck off and since she ain't really in charge of my grades (she's just one of those annoying TA's that are just ignorant) I don't get repercussions. Frankly if I get dragged to the dean's office She'll probably be blamed for wasting his time; he's in the middle of investigating recently impeached student gov't officials. (<<she threatened to report me for foul language and legit I read the UCI constitution and no where in there can they restrict free speech lmao)

well, tell her again until she does :siptear:

foul language? FOUL LANGUAGE??? no maam. go and be like "BEETCH U FUCKIN THOUGHT I WAS PRETENDING, OLD CRUSTY FAT ASS BITCHH"

Bootycheek

• In college, I worked on the school newspaper, and the guy who threatened to shoot me got promoted to editor over me. :danceb: I was genuinely pissed and upset at the time, especially since they assumed I'd stay on and manage my section for them, but quitting was one of the best things I did for myself.

let's be friends

e9b8a6c6366aecb3faf71dcc6b4488775b109abb.gif

• In college, I worked on the school newspaper, and the guy who threatened to shoot me got promoted to editor over me. :danceb: I was genuinely pissed and upset at the time, especially since they assumed I'd stay on and manage my section for them, but quitting was one of the best things I did for myself.

run as fast as you can and move to jupiter :pepewash::pepewash::pepewash:

Bootycheek

• that is very rough, I hope you recover fully.

• that's stupid, I saw another post about how teachers need to be taught about mental health and I agree. Why do some of these people even become teachers?

This wasn't even the teachers it was the principal and other higher-ups. The teachers were all surprisingly nice except for the gym teacher but really are any gym teachers nice? I've never heard of anyone liking theirs

I also go to private school and yeah, I want to leave too. He sounds like the teacher who wouldn't get fired because

1. He's been at the school for 20+ years or smth

2. He acts like an angel when the principal or academic dean comes in

• RABID FEAR OF FAILURE

and feeling like you will only feel good if someone in a higher position likes your work

• Are you at a better school now? I hope so.

• This thread contains 23 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!