My thoughts on Bahiyyih's fandom

• So they are fans of.... being the victim??? Thats kind of fascinating

Hire me today! Click here for odd jobs!

23fc460d0e0e3936feb9ce9aa81ba668a87e24c5.pnj 0c57a5feb50c6bc55ddb4065251a47cc62d0ba03.pnj 118e1161bf96634e3f4522011f8ee6904cae72df.pnj

• I fear the recopilations on YouTube "all male idols are in love/fanboys of Lisa pt 10" are coming back in a new form soon...

It's weird now that you mention it, I never saw that level of projecting on Nancy, Somi or even the Secret number girl. Maybe because they have a stronger visual vibe and have personalities/public images that aren't easy to project on?

Somi and Nancy established themselves before Kpop became more popular in the West.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• You made some points but I'm afraid that this is a result of the hate bandwagon she was facing during the competition.

I notice that foreign idols tend to attract more solo stans (unfortunately) I think international fans related to them more and feel the need to protect them, but her situation was complicated since she actually was getting a lot of hate to the extent of having an ot8 sub on reddit (excluding her ) when the final lineup was formed. I guess this is how the akgae problem is born.

I said this a few times already but while there are MOAS that are supportive of her she already had an individual fandom ( or casual fans) before joining girls planet. In my opinion, many people sympathize with her, so I wouldn't attribute all her fans to them. I'm afraid if this continues this is the beginning of kep1er having a very divided fandom.

• I think one of the issues is that Bahiyyih's fandom predates GP999, like Yujin's does, but while Yujin got a lot of screen time in GP999 and was always in the top 9, Bahiyyih's fans got her into the finale and the group by themselves, cause she had so little time in GP999 that there is no way to credibly say she had built up a fandom on the show.

So that fandom came into things already strained from the rest of the fandom, and then the fact in the debut song she got few lines just fed into their mentality that its them vs. everyone else. The existence of strong-anti Bahiyyih haters out there creates some justification, but not enough to support the overall behavior.

• Her fandom is so toxic that music shows are outright focusing on Bahiyyih during other members parts just to keep them happy.

I don't mind Bahiyyih, but I honestly do think she wasn't ready to debut just yet, that's not her fault, people voted her in. But to turn around and say that she is the best vocalist and dancer and visual and how dare they not give her lines etc, that is pure victimizing as well. She is not the best vocalist, or dancer or performer and that's not being mean, it's literally because the other members have those skills down pat already. The poor girl needs to grow through practice, giving her too many lines will just reduce any progress she is making as it is a lot of pressure.

Hopefully her fandom will mature after a couple of comebacks.

With her new look with the blonde hair, Bahi is actually pretty striking. I'm not a Bahi fan at all, i have no idea about her singing and dancing skills, and i dont consider her a visual, but honestly, she stands out more than anyone else in that group when i watch their stages, with the sole exception of XT, maybe. Bahi and XT--> Hikaru and Yujin -------------------> the rest

You dont think Bahi has the ability to continue attracting new fans to the group?

• I think one of the issues is that Bahiyyih's fandom predates GP999, like Yujin's does, but while Yujin got a lot of screen time in GP999 and was always in the top 9, Bahiyyih's fans got her into the finale and the group by themselves, cause she had so little time in GP999 that there is no way to credibly say she had built up a fandom on the show.

So that fandom came into things already strained from the rest of the fandom, and then the fact in the debut song she got few lines just fed into their mentality that its them vs. everyone else. The existence of strong-anti Bahiyyih haters out there creates some justification, but not enough to support the overall behavior.

I think you are definitely correct on how the beginning of the fandom might have stained their reputation and whatnot, but do you think that Kep1er's company is actually using their victim mentality to milk them? Its a bit of an odd theory, but could be plausible

23fc460d0e0e3936feb9ce9aa81ba668a87e24c5.pnj 0c57a5feb50c6bc55ddb4065251a47cc62d0ba03.pnj 118e1161bf96634e3f4522011f8ee6904cae72df.pnj

• I think you are definitely correct on how the beginning of the fandom might have stained their reputation and whatnot, but do you think that Kep1er's company is actually using their victim mentality to milk them? Its a bit of an odd theory, but could be plausible

Not sure what benefit the company gets from "milking" a disgruntled single member fandom - I mean, if we attribute a significant portion of the large physical sales to the Bahiyyih fans, if they are going to keep thinking she won't get any lines, that threatens physical sales in the future.

• Not sure what benefit the company gets from "milking" a disgruntled single member fandom - I mean, if we attribute a significant portion of the large physical sales to the Bahiyyih fans, if they are going to keep thinking she won't get any lines, that threatens physical sales in the future.

Ahh you're right. I guess I just thought they wouldn't stop supporting her thus the "milking", but I see how that doesn't make sense

• The stupid, sociopathic, immature and moronic behaviour of her fans disgusts me so much that I've already decided I could never be her fan or support her, lest I be associated with such a cretinous group of idiots.

Which is how I feel about a few other groups/idols as well. I just can't be bothered even becoming interested in them because of their horrible fandoms.

It's kind of ironic when a fandom, that should be all about trying to make others fans, does their best to drive everyone else away.

• The comparation with Lisa fans doesn't make sense.

Bahiyyih started in an audition program, was the most hated trainee and while she has a lot of akgaes, the group also has a lot of ot8 and people obviously will ignore it just to focus on the "akgaes" problem when in reality all there are receiving hate.

Idk how her fans react as i know nothing about them, but people need to understand that she is the most popular BY FAR and her fans will always be the loudest, be it a good or a bad thing.

About Lisa: she suffered racism/xenophobia, always had hate viral tweets against her, she is still slut shamed, body shamed A LOT, YGE inability of "talking" to the fandom is one of the biggest reasons of her fans over reacting as well, there were really difficult moments in the whole blink fandom and while some do have this "victim mentality" i see more non fans complaining about it, then the fans actually doing it. And when ONE or TWO users do this s, oh hell, the whole fandom is generalizated and +10 users appear to say "oh, another victimization party" :clown:

Her solo era just showed how incompetent YGE is and even with the loudest fans, Lisa was paid dust.

I would love to remember some users (not you directly op) that BP is full of akgaes and there isn't one worse than the other. All are bad with JenLisa having the loudest.

Anyways, i hope obsessed people focus on their faves and leave Lisa fans alone, specially when they are mia when Lisa or BP are being dragged :pepepizza:

And i hope BP cb back soon, we are needing them urgently!

About the topic: having akgaes while still being a rookie is a huge disadvantage and as the fandom is new and the hate towards her is still "fresh" .. yikes... A toxic combination. But as an outside, her akgaes and the group ot8 are in the same bag to me, the hateful ones are trash.

𝕂𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕠𝕗 𝕜𝕡𝕠𝕡

• is it a byproduct of competition shows in general? Dud other groups made this way suffer from akgaes/ divided fandoms? Seems like it would be hard to root for someone if you feel like they took the spot of your fave unfairly...

If you talk about yurina stans, no. She is not going to make it even if bahiyyih vanish out of existence. If its fans of the 10th, or 11th place(don't know their names), its understandable if they feel their favs are robbed.

Also the first question, from my observation, although the akgaes problem exists for previous shows, it is not this extreme. Its inevitable that this problem is going to happen looking at how dislike bahiyyih is from the beginning and now her stans are oversensitive.

• If you talk about yurina stans, no. She is not going to make it even if bahiyyih vanish out of existence. If its fans of the 10th, or 11th place(don't know their names), its understandable if they feel their favs are robbed.

Also the first question, from my observation, although the akgaes problem exists for previous shows, it is not this extreme. Its inevitable that this problem is going to happen looking at how dislike bahiyyih is from the beginning and now her stans are oversensitive.

Ah, makes sense. I didn't watch this or any other competition shows so I don't know what happened.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!