Little details I love about NCT songs production #1

• SM often adds little twists and additions to NCT songs that are almost unrecognizable at first listen but I really appreciate after noticing to the point of obsession, and I will list some examples of this:

Earthquake chorus:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Just before the harmonization of "world" on the first part of the chorus there is another harmonization that is barely noticeable and concur at the same time as the "Hand wave" choreography (0:58) and (1:55).

Hello Future Last chorus/outro:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Whatever is happening on those last 40 seconds is so satisfying to hear, the addition of that synth improves the chorus even more, and those heavy sounds at the end with that final drop that for some reason remind of UFO's which perfectly matches the weird yet happy concept.

WayV's Kick Back:

I love all of those electronic sounds happening on the chorus going in and out. Also special mention to the 3 chords added on the 2nd prechorus (2:11) and bridge (3:10) that weren't there on the 1st prechorus.

I will keep posting more of these when I feel like it because there are too many examples.

• Now I hear mf whistles and flutes everywhere.

External Content youtu.be

Something I've been noticing after someone pointed out is that Chenle leads most of the Dream's choruses. It's very noticeable once you start realizing it.

• i don't think this is little but i really like all of the bg vocals in from home and beautiful :pleading:

• Kenzie regularly catching you off guard is 2x

The way the instrumental smashes back in in the second verse of Limitless (1:38). I also love the harmonies built into the instrumental.

Literally everything about Punch, but specifically from 2:18 onward with the bridge interrupting the second chorus after two lines.

Every single transition in Universe is wonderful, but I love that high pitched sound after Haechan's second line (before Yangyang says "feel it" and the riff that comes in during the second part of Mark's rap in the second verse. Not to mention the acapella part.

• About Punch... the producers were not lying when they said they took things out of like 100 songs... I also love the final part of Punch and the last chorus with ad-libs, something I would really like to highlight is on the last part of the last chorus (3:12 - 3:15), like it's almost impossible to listen to it on the song because of the vocals, but you can listen to it here:

It's like... idk, a guitar? a synth? an instrument I don't know? It's like pulsating and it adds that final epicness and tension to the dubstep-like end, and it only exists on that 3-second part of the final chorus just before the end, insane detail-oriented song.

• The high pitch Horse Neigh and A person's voice mixed together.... Now THAT IS CREATIVE.

I actually read somewhere that the horse neigh-like sound on Simon Says was actually taken from a series/movie, when a monster was about to appear or something like that, sadly I don't remember the name of it.

• This entire song and its production is so satisfying:

About Punch... the producers were not lying when they said they took things out of like 100 songs... I also love the final part of Punch and the last chorus with ad-libs, something I would really like to highlight is on the last part of the last chorus (3:12 - 3:15), like it's almost impossible to listen to it on the song because of the vocals, but you can listen to it here:

It's like... idk, a guitar? a synth? an instrument I don't know? It's like pulsating and it adds that final epicness and tension to the dubstep-like end, and it only exists on that 3-second part of the final chorus just before the end, insane detail-oriented song.

I watched an interview with Alawn who worked in the arrangement of Punch, and he said he added a lot of stuff to Dem Jointz's demo, including real electric guitar and real bass to the last bit. I'm pretty sure there are plenty of different guitar and bass tracks there. I wish I was a music pro to break down all of that. It's sooooo exciting to listen to.

The Punch instrumental is just brilliant. That paired up with the contrast of the different sections (first verse vs. second verse, first chorus vs. second chorus, the chords in the bridge) and the thick harmonies in the chorus is just *chef's kiss*.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!