What do u think about the hwasa and mamamoo situation

• Go to Best Answer
  • billie8eilish

Changed the title of the thread from “What do u think about the heads and mamamoo situation” to “What do u think about the hwasa and mamamoo situation”.
    • Best Answer

I feel like at the start there were some highly valid issues, (n-word and blackface) and after a while it just seemed like anything they did they got called out for CA or people would create a rumour or fake subs or even just out and out lie and its just mighty exhausting to watch.

I'm mad that people, and this is not even restricted to mamamoo (esp twitter in general) use issues like CA, racism and misusing religion as a drag to validate and cover up their dislike of people. They make so many fake stories or invent anger from a community that has no problem with something that ACTUAL issues for CA, racism and misuse or religion go ignored because people think its another fake story.

Calling out a company is no longer about education or to stop further incidents, its drag against a group you hate or feel is taking something you think your own idols deserve. Fans have turned it into a weapon and its so sickening to me.

Now its all about cancelling people but what does that actually do? Nothing. They still release music. They still go on shows. They still sell out tours. Its done nothing bar marginalise offended people into cancel robots till the next issue comes around then people go wild and then forget again. Meanwhile the upset people are pushed off into a corner by their own fandoms who say 'they would never mean to do that' or 'they are so nice I'm sure they don't know blame the company' or just attack them for VALIDLY wanting an explanation. But what do those excuses do? Let the company, and every other kpop company that its fine fans will forgive and forget because 'that was 2 yrs ago they have changed so much by now, I KNOW MY IDOL CAN'T BE RACIST OR SEXIST OR IGNORANT'. Yes because you know this person who was trained for years on how to act in front of a camera to get fans, and given personalities by their company to match the vibe the company wants and its not like you know, they actual may be different from what they show the public.

But yeah, aside from my anger at the whole situ, at this point I never believe anything people say about MMM till I see it for myself. When I see something trending I just think someone must have gotten into a scandal or someone got bored and decided to create some new stuff to drag.

• HOT TAKE HOT TAKE HOT TAKE !

i'm not black (so my opinion is kind of outsider), but as a POC i will say that i'm not offended, and i'll tell you why.

by no means am i citing it as an excuse, but the East Asian community in my area suffers a similar issue.

lots of people are genuinely not aware of these cultural customs. especially because every race has become more sensitive over the past couple of years. i know ignorance is not an excuse, but it's a hell of a lot better than being racist on purpose.

being angry will not solve this issue, but people haven't figured that out yet.

people are taking their time out of their day to drag an idol for this shit, most of them are "woke" white people/social justice warriors.

and everyone acts so surprised when idols have depression and then

people are acting like she's this:

it is ridiculous.

if anyone here genuinely thinks that hwasa wakes up in the morning everyday feeling hatred in her heart towards other races, you need to get help.

• What situation? I know nothing, someone update me

수많은 알 수 없는 길 속에
    희미한 빛을 난 쫓아가
    언제까지라도 함께 하는거야
    다시 만난 나의 세계

12668-61ba36d0-1a79-4dad-a89c-517c054a0bea-gif

BlackPink SNSD Twice

• Just check out this twitter thread it gives a timeline for everything and clears up the misinformation out there. Its shockingly long as you'd imagine tho.

Nothing new has happened its just the normal hate trending again. It happens pretty much hourly, especially for Hwasa which is why the fans have fan accounts dedicated to clearing searches that checks throughout the day.

Like I said, someone likely got bored or someones fave got involved in a scandal and they are trying to divert.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

edit - just adding this thread about the stuff fans are dealing with on a daily basis. Again its mega long and includes slutshaming, ablism, racism, fat shaming, homophobia, hacking, threats of violence, death threats and r*pe.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• you all have selective calling out for ca , I don't see the sam energy for other groups who did the same and escaped the situation because their fans put it under the rug .....and the person saying she is still doing ca via clothes please read the debunking thread... @dummi

the things mamamoo have done actually to offend black community and not spread lies by stan twt

1. hwasa n word (2015)

2. hwasa corn rows (2015)

3. mamamoo black face (2017)

4. hwasa durag (2019)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!