Among big groups: BTS BP Twice, which group is likely to disband first?

• I think Twice will be the last one to disband since they have so many members and can keep going until they are like 3 members left. But its hard to tell with Blackpink, I have a feelings they are all going to renew with YG since he is handling their careers well. Its safe to say that they will not be thinking about disbanding for a while. Anyway I think when they do disband Blackink will disband first and then BTS will disband second and Twice last.

• first: bp

last: bts

edit; i feel like bp may not officially disband. they will probably want to go solo/focus on their careers individually and leave yg. but honestly twice may follow got7's path, some of them are gonna leave, not sure what will happen to the rest.

• BP for sure. Maybe not officially, but in terms of winding down group activities in favor of solo work it will be them.

They each have good brand power alone and let's face it when it comes time to resign YG really doesn't hold many cards over the members. I really see no way in which they stay the same group after contract renewals.

BTS will last longest, they're a BG so just that alone gives them almost double the shelf life of even the best GG's around.

• Going by JYP groups history, Twice. 2PM is the only JYP group that re-signed after their initial contracts (not all members) and it was probably because they were offered director positions in the company. So there must be a reason why no one wants to stay in JYP longer than they have to.

If Twice don't renew their contracts, I can't see them continuing as a group elsewhere.

But who knows, maybe they'll be the exception to past JYP groups.

• BTS will last to disband for sure, may be they won't disband officially.They are the official share holder of Big Hit labels. These boys want to stick to each other for lifetime..

Taehyung: I want to see your kids... (Other members choke especially Namjoon)

As, I want us to live together for long time.. Even when we will have kids.

And 1st to disband may be Twice. Seeing their present situation.

• Blackpink doesn't have all of their solos set up (Jennie's is, Rose's is coming, Lisa's coming soon and Jisoo's is most likely coming in 2022). Their contract expires in 2023. By the time it comes, I think Blackpink would be able to do what they want.

BTS, they have the military thing but if they win Grammy's then they can be exempt (is that right?) but the competition is going to be hard and if some members go into the military, I have no idea what it's going to do to the group itself. But they debuted in 2013, did that mean that they resigned their contracts because 2020 would be the end, or did they have the 10-year contract? But they don't have anything set up either I'm hearing? Isn't Agust D Suga? I think he's a soloist.

Twice has absolutely nothing set up for them. No solos, no subunits, but they aren't really in danger. There hasn't been a huge scandal and females aren't required to go into the military for a while (they can if they want to though). There are not many things they can set up because their contracts expire next year. They could probably throw some solos in, maybe a subunit, and throw someone into modeling and/or acting. There's not much they can do. If they do decide to leave then they have almost nothing set up so they almost have to...

TBH, I think, unless BTS has a big award or wins a Grammy, then the military thing will have to happen and I'm not sure how the remaining members would do it, they might all just go solo or something. Twice almost can't do anything and I mean if Blackpink's contract expires in 2023 then they might disband sooner and go into solo projects. But I'm not really sure, it's all what happens in the future I guess lol

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• First: Twice

Last: BTS

But BTS will have a large hiatus / incomplete period because of military.

The military period is 18 months. If before going to Military together, they give us 1 full album, We will keep enjoying that gift untill they return. then we will again keep walking together...

I don't know why I always have this gut feelings that after 2 years BTS will go together to military. The persons who can't even participate into award shows, Interview without being sad with just one member missing, make sure to have at least a cut out of Suga in each & every group photo, will they be able to stay without 1 or 2 member whole 18 monthes?!

• Anything could happen, but I think BTS will be the last to disband, if they disband at all. I could definitely see them just not releasing music/having group activities for long stretches of time when they're older and then coming together every once in a while for anniversaries, special occasions, etc.

• first: bp

last: bts

edit; i feel like bp may not officially disband. they will probably want to go solo/focus on their careers individually and leave yg. but honestly twice may follow got7's path, some of them are gonna leave, not sure what will happen to the rest.

Got7 no one left? They just took the whole Got7 brand with them. King behavior, they own all rights to Got7.

• The military period is 18 months. If before going to Military together, they give us 1 full album, We will keep enjoying that gift untill they return. then we will again keep walking together...

I don't know why I always have this gut feelings that after 2 years BTS will go together to military. The persons who can't even participate into award shows, Interview without being sad with just one member missing, make sure to have at least a cut out of Suga in each & every group photo, will they be able to stay without 1 or 2 member whole 18 monthes?!

If they go into the real army they’ll have 18 months, if they go to the public work (for example lee minho/kyuhyun who had bad leg injuries from accident) it’ll be 21 months. I can imagine all of them going for 18 months but Suga going to public service for 21 months for his shoulder.

• Blackpink doesn't have all of their solos set up (Jennie's is, Rose's is coming, Lisa's coming soon and Jisoo's is most likely coming in 2022). Their contract expires in 2023. By the time it comes, I think Blackpink would be able to do what they want.

BTS, they have the military thing but if they win Grammy's then they can be exempt (is that right?) but the competition is going to be hard and if some members go into the military, I have no idea what it's going to do to the group itself. But they debuted in 2013, did that mean that they resigned their contracts because 2020 would be the end, or did they have the 10-year contract? But they don't have anything set up either I'm hearing? Isn't Agust D Suga? I think he's a soloist.

Twice has absolutely nothing set up for them. No solos, no subunits, but they aren't really in danger. There hasn't been a huge scandal and females aren't required to go into the military for a while (they can if they want to though). There are not many things they can set up because their contracts expire next year. They could probably throw some solos in, maybe a subunit, and throw someone into modeling and/or acting. There's not much they can do. If they do decide to leave then they have almost nothing set up so they almost have to...

BTS renewed their contract so they have till 2026 on their current one. As someone mentioned before, I don’t think they will ever disband. They’re stockholders in BHE so they will most probably continue doing what is good for the company. Maybe solo projects for the members while squeezing in an OT7 album maybe once a year. They like the company and love each other, so why not continue working with people you love? So solo projects (be it music, acting, hosting, producing, etc) but still retain the BTS agenda going.

I don’t know about BP and Twice. Twice will depend on how many members will want to renew (or not want to). Each member don’t really have a stong enough individual fandom that will ensure their survival post Twice (or maybe just 2 or 3 members). They should work on that during the 2 remaining years they have left from this contract.

BP, on the other hand - each member is strong enough (in my opinion) to stand on their own. Renewing or disbanding would depend on their collective willingness to continue or go their own individual paths.

• BTS renewed their contract so they have till 2026 on their current one. As someone mentioned before, I don’t think they will ever disband. They’re stockholders in BHE so they will most probably continue doing what is good for the company. Maybe solo projects for the members while squeezing in an OT7 album maybe once a year. They like the company and love each other, so why not continue working with people you love? So solo projects (be it music, acting, hosting, producing, etc) but still retain the BTS agenda going.

I don’t know about BP and Twice. Twice will depend on how many members will want to renew (or not want to). Each member don’t really have a stong enough individual fandom that will ensure their survival post Twice (or maybe just 2 or 3 members). They should work on that during the 2 remaining years they have left from this contract.

BP, on the other hand - each member is strong enough (in my opinion) to stand on their own. Renewing or disbanding would depend on their collective willingness to continue or go their own individual paths.

Oh that's cool! See, I didn't know much about it. Thanks <3

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• If they go into the real army they’ll have 18 months, if they go to the public work (for example lee minho/kyuhyun who had bad leg injuries from accident) it’ll be 21 months. I can imagine all of them going for 18 months but Suga going to public service for 21 months for his shoulder.

Not just Suga, Jin will be serving public service due to the trouble with his fingers. Jin has a deformity in his fingers, although it has never been confirmed, he shows symptoms for Swan Neck Deformity. Put simply, it seems Jin has a collagen defect that leads to hypermobility in his joints. This is why when Jin extends his fingers, they look slightly crooked. As far as I know, these type of things are an obstacle to active duty.

main-qimg-4a9b35eaf2a58bf26d500cc9c28951c7

B1RoVIbCYAAOCV_.jpg

BTS's second contract will expire in 2026. After that, even if the group doesn't officially disband, they can probably continue as solo.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• BTS, without any solo activity or new direction in other fields: fashion, movies, .... 1 or 2 failed comeback would put the group going straight downhill and end up disband. Scandal like D2 mixtape racism, JK covid-19 scandal can damage the group as well due to individual carelessness.

• BP for sure. Maybe not officially, but in terms of winding down group activities in favor of solo work it will be them.

They each have good brand power alone and let's face it when it comes time to resign YG really doesn't hold many cards over the members. I really see no way in which they stay the same group after contract renewals.

BTS will last longest, they're a BG so just that alone gives them almost double the shelf life of even the best GG's around.

someone slap me for agreeing with the villain for the first time ever

• I lowkey think twice will lose a member first ( contracts up in 2022) but won’t be the first one to disband out of the three lmao.I just can’t see Bts and blackpink continuing if one of their members leave. But Idk why people keep on bringing up bts military leave? Personally I think that has nothing to do with them staying together or disbanding

• I think its going to be BP who leaves YG first but I don't think any of the three will truly disband.

They seem really close (all three groups) so disbanding means ending it all so i think they might do SNSD style where they all do their own things and (different to SNSD) comeback for once off promos

• BTS, without any solo activity or new direction in other fields: fashion, movies, .... 1 or 2 failed comeback would put the group going straight downhill and end up disband. Scandal like D2 mixtape racism, JK covid-19 scandal can damage the group as well due to individual carelessness.

'1 or 2 failed comeback' jesus, the delusion is strong there :cryingr: Literally the only way for BTS to have a failed comeback is if ARMY let them fail. It's never going to happen, LOL.

More seriously, it's going to be between BP and Twice. BP might decide to disband to launch their solo career, but they could just as well decide to stay together - make a group album from time to time, but otherwise focus on their solo activities.

If that's the case, then Twice I guess. With JYP's track record, I wouldn't be surprised.

• why do boy groups always last longer than girl groups? even big 3 girl groups don't last that long, usually.

Fangirls

They are super loyal

Although ggs nowadays have a bigger female ratio in their fandoms, they are usually multis who stan also a boygroup. RV being a good example of that

• Twice. Main reason = JYP. The company refuses to give them anything outside the group activities. What in the world are the members going to do after idol life? Nothing is being set up for them at all. Its ridiculous.

There is no reason for BP to disband especially how YGE is treating them right now. The have sparse music release with tours (not overworked + more money) + the freedom to make a brand for themselves individually (setting them up for great careers post idol life).

Well... BTS will just stay as a group forever.

You hate me? Well, remember it's mind over matter. I do not mind and you do not matter.

9469e72bd497f024e0531bc6136b58c078539597.gif

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!